Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

what games?

mine (that I noticed) are

pro pinball big race usa and timeshock

also, tomb raider gh - didn't work at first until I renamed the sub file to .off

All three of these worked fine before on r15

I noticed that some of my games don't work anymore regardless of wether the hi-res mode is activated or not. :(

Would it be possible to integrate the old GPU plugin (from the last version of pcsx rarmed) as an option to choose from in case a game won't start?
It would be better if you listed the broken games, how exactly they are broken and what CD image format do they use.

The only games I've had trouble with on the emulator are the "Bust-A-Groove" series (called "Bust a Move" in Japan and US, I believe). Functionally, they load and play, but the music and gameplay go rather out of sync, which of course is bad for a music game. I believe its music is CDDA. I'm running .EBOOT format files, but an ISO seems to produce the same result. Not sure that it's worth spending much time worrying about though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I notice that the GunCon isn't functioning correctly in Time Crisis, when using the new renderer.

Medal of Honor: Underground seems to lock up as well when using the new renderer. [[EDIT: I cannot reproduce the issue]]

Some issues still exist with certain games regardless of the renderer.

This includes Lunar, which I mentioned a couple months ago in this thread.

Also Tomb Raider 5 will lock up when pressing "start" or "select".

All of my games are in "eboot" format.

I noticed that some of my games don't work anymore regardless of wether the hi-res mode is activated or not. :(

Would it be possible to integrate the old GPU plugin (from the last version of pcsx rarmed) as an option to choose from in case a game won't start?
It would be better if you listed the broken games, how exactly they are broken and what CD image format do they use.

Ok here you go:

Tobal No.1: Display stays black after the loading screen. The game seems to work though as i can hear sound effects after pressing buttons. img+cue

Pro Pinball - The Web: Crashes after loading screen when showing the Interplay logo. bin+cue

Pro Pinball - Big Race: Crashes immediately. Black Screen. bin+cue

Pro Pinball - Fantastic Journey: Crashes immediately. Black Screen. bin+cue

Pro Pinball - Timeshock: Crashes immediately. Black Screen. img+ccd

I notice that the GunCon isn't functioning correctly in Time Crisis, when using the new renderer.
Hmh right..

Medal of Honor: Underground seems to lock up as well when using the new renderer. [[EDIT: I cannot reproduce the issue]]
Probably overclock, you should run this:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.overclock_test.notaz

This includes Lunar, which I mentioned a couple months ago in this thread.
I think I looked at that, the save you gave was started with HLE BIOS, that's probably cause of problems. You need to save the game to memcard and load game with real BIOS and load from memcard.

Also Tomb Raider 5 will lock up when pressing "start" or "select".
Woks here, maybe something's wrong with that eboot or you're using HLE BIOS.

Ok here you go:

Tobal No.1: Display stays black after the loading screen. The game seems to work though as i can hear sound effects after pressing buttons. img+cue

Pro Pinball - The Web: Crashes after loading screen when showing the Interplay logo. bin+cue

Just fixed all those, some minor oversights in new code..

Hehe, exactly the games I wanted to play since a long time on my Pandora: PRO PINBALL! :D Bad luck the errors but good to see, that it is already fixed by notaz, good job! :)

I remember there were also troubles with Tekken 3 and the Emu ( I've not used PCSX ReARMed in a while ) maybe it's also fixed now. ^^

Hi Notaz,

For Lunar I'm using the real bios. Just to be sure I saved the game to memcard, double checked the bios and then loaded the game from memory card. I get the same freeze in that dungeon. If you like I can send you another save file.

Hi Notaz,

Just reporting in a bug from FF VII, I need to get to a point where Tifa is at limit break (Tifa isn't in my group at the moment)

The limit break "Slot thingy" doesn't scroll correctly.

I realise that I am extremely think and deserve any abuse you care to throw at me, but how do I enable this new high res mode, I just can't for the life of me see where to enable it. Thanks.

I realise that I am extremely think and deserve any abuse you care to throw at me, but how do I enable this new high res mode, I just can't for the life of me see where to enable it. Thanks.

options

bios/plugins

configure built in GPU plugin

Enhanced resolution [on]

:)

Beginners question, which BIOS is the best to use? There seems to be alot for PSX:

Code:
bios41A.BIN

DTLH3000.BIN

DTLH3002.BIN

SCPH1001.BIN

SCPH5500.BIN

Scph5502.BIN

SCPH7000.BIN

SCPH7001.BIN

SCPH7003.BIN

^^""

notaz, you are a god in human form. :)

Praised be you!
I was just rehashing Exophase's code, and that took almost 3 months so..

Just reporting in a bug from FF VII, I need to get to a point where Tifa is at limit break (Tifa isn't in my group at the moment)

The limit break "Slot thingy" doesn't scroll correctly.
Using speedhack I guess? Don't report problems with it, they can't be fixed.

Ok here you go:

Just fixed all those, some minor oversights in new code..
Allright, thanks!!

When is the new version out? Sadly I found even more bugs. Tombraider 4, EU Version (SLES-02238) hangs up after a while playing if you want to access the options menu. I've started the tutorial and it worked but after a while, pushing menu hangs up the game, same for the "level end", or at least I think it's a level change at the end of the tutorial. You have to run into an black abyss and then it hangs up. Not sure what it is but I hope it can't be fixed. I quit and quicksave loading in this case but another test worked fine with quicksave when the ingame menu was responding, so I guess it has nothing to do with quicksave.

Back