[Caanoo/wiz] Pcsx Rearmed R15

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
There is now a new PCSX ReARMed release:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r15_caanoo.zip
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r15_wiz.zip
Like the previous one, it's mostly focusing on compatibility/fixes.
One new feature is cheat support, check the readme about how to set them up if interested.

Does anyone need a Wiz build? I have not done it because it's a bit harder to build due to old toolchain that has to be used.
Edit: added.

notaz said:
There is now a new PCSX ReARMed release:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r15_caanoo.zip
Like the previous one, it's mostly focusing on compatibility/fixes.
One new feature is cheat support, check the readme about how to set them up if interested.

Does anyone need a Wiz build? I have not done it because it's a bit harder to build due to old toolchain that has to be used.

Holy Crap, YES Notaz, I love and use PSX rearmed for WIZ all the time , actually I was going to thank you for what you have have done so far with the Wiz version. I have been playing C-12, Nuclear Dawn and The Italian Job alot lately..
Your work does not go unnoticed.

I can't thank you and all the other Devs enough who have made the Wiz my favorite handheld..

LT

Last edited by a moderator:
Orion4874 said:
+1 for a Wiz build. And FYI, PCSX reARMed runs great on the F300.

Question, would a swap file help for games that run out of memory on the Wiz?

Good question Orion, fixing the memory problem would be a big leap for the Wiz..

yes, yes, yeeeess !! I would like to see a Wiz Version of this great emu.

Thank you notaz for your great work on the Wiz

It is possible that in future they can Final Fantasy 7,8,9 by playing completely on the Caanoo.

gonzo779 said:
It is possible that in future they can Final Fantasy 7,8,9 by playing completely on the Caanoo.

I'm sure 7 and 8 play fine already...

I play FF7 on the Caanoo. Works very good. Sometime there is a small slow in the when a battle starts or when an expensive attack is performed. But in generall it works very fine :) .

notaz said:
ok built it. Also moved 8MB worth of tables to upper memory, should hopefully solve lack or RAM issues.

So far the ram adjustment seems to be working on Syphon filter 2, I'll try some other problem games and report back.
YAY Notaz..

Oh yeah, is there any support for the gles plugin for Wiz?

Ok, I tried Vagrant Story, it always crashed at the floating blocks close to the beginning of the game , this time there is some temporary slow down but no crash, nice..

Now I have to try Final fantasy 8 and Syphon filter 3, two other problem games..

Final Fantasy 8 is much better to play now, I don't know if its just me but it seems faster , at least it doesn't run out of memory and crash.

If anyone here as anything they would like to add about R15's performance on the Wiz I'd like to hear it.

Thank you for this version of your great emulator. It runs some games realy fine.

Hi notaz,
I don't know where you get the motivation from to do all this work but thanks to it the world is a better place in my opinion
Hope you keep improving this emulator. You amaze me squeezing every possible bit of performance of the Caanoo over and over again.
I salute you.

Back