Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Damn, now this comes out, when I am not at home and my Pandora is not with me :(

Thank you notaz! I'll try it as soon as I can :)

Holy shitballs! That looks abso-fucking-lutely rad. I shall promptly delete my Gran Turismo saves and start fresh. Great job, Notaz.

Got up and checked the boards (still in bed).

I didn't expect it so this made my morning great.

:wub:

Hi !

Thanks Notaz for this new release :)

Am I the only one noticing weird pink squares all over the screen in Ridge Racer Type 4 ? (First championship race, HLE bios, built-in GPU, Rebirth Pandora 512 MB, latest HF). Switching to unai's renderer seems to solve the problem.

Bye, and thanks again !

Magic Sam

I've just ran the same game on my 1gig model with both the default GPU and the new hi res setup, not seen any graphical glitches. Might it be because you're not using a proper bios?

Oh and if course to Notaz, thanks a million for you ongoing work on this and on the Pandora in general!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ stouffa: just tried again with a proper bios (scph1001), same glitches :(

I'm also unable to save my progress: "Memory Card or Pocket Station Error"...

What am I doing wrong ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Backup appdata.

Delete appdata.

Try again.

If (works now)

{

try to copy your memorycard and savestats

}

else

{

ask Notaz

}

End if

:p

@ Askarus: I have deleted the PCSX rearmed folder in appdata, still no luck...

It's weird because RR4 seems to be the only game suffering from these glitches, all the other games I tried worked **perfectly** (thanks again Notaz !!!)

Oh, and I can't get Colin Mc Rae Rally 2 to boot, too ;)

Bye, Magic Sam (still in bed with a coffee mug)

Memory save errors happen most of the time when using the HLE bios.

Make sure you have the Bios enabled (just copying it into the directory is not enough, you need to select it in the menu as well)

Just to also chime in - Some games do not like the Hi-Res mode. There is also a Hi-Res speedhack - you could try disabling the speedhack and restarting the ISO and see if you still get glitches.

Failing that it might be bad ISO.

I'll check my copy of RRType4 at some point today.

As I don't own the games you have problems with I can't check it on my own.

If it works with older releases I don't know what to do here except having r16 and the older PND on your SD and use the version you need for that 2 games.

Do you use bin/cue files?

Edit:

666 Posts :D .

This is really great! Everything I tried looks much better.

Errors:

I need to test further, but Tekken 3 appears to crash with the new renderer.

MGS - when underwater, all graphics go black except for the minimap.

Parappa the Rapper looks miles better under the new renderer, and my copy of Colin McRae seems to work fine(bin/cue)

Parappa the Rapper looks miles better under the new renderer, and my copy of Colin McRae seems to work fine(bin/cue)
Yeah... I basically had the same impression when I first ran it on my then new PC in ePSXe with OpenGL acceleration. The double resolution improves the image dramatically in many case on our little Pandora screen! :)

Some report:

Games are PAL and with double renderer.

Star Wars Jedi Power battles isn't fluid.

Gauntlet legends has some heavy flickering while in the first level with and without speed hack (not tested further levels).

So tried some games:

Wow it's not the same emulator, and not the same games !

^

This time I had to delete my appdata folder because PCSX crashed when entering Analog.configuration.

TV-out:

Quality is now much worse than on Pandora screen.

I tried hardware filter default_up and none_up.

Thanks notaz for your great work!

The games i tried look amazing in hi-res mode!

But one question: Is it normal that textures aren't smoothed?

Back