Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I think Threads of Fate will be the next one.

The characters look good as well without scaling because they are big enough to be no pixel mess :D .

Awesome! :) The one game I bought my Pandora to play on the go. When you do can you report back if it stops at either the intro for Rue (not allowing him to leave the cabin) or if it crashes and reboots the game when you try to go the Underground Ruins? Those are places the Maemo/Android versions fail. :/

can i bug you to send me the beta ;)
Short answer, nope.

Longer answer - it's not mine to distribute. Hopefully it's not too much longer to a proper release anyhow. I had to say something since I'm currently addicted to Playstation due to the swish visuals.

can i bug you to send me the beta ;)
Short answer, nope.

Longer answer - it's not mine to distribute. Hopefully it's not too much longer to a proper release anyhow. I had to say something since I'm currently addicted to Playstation due to the swish visuals.

Well, no surprise, totally understandable.

Anyway, you could give some additional info on the new release. Will it do doubled resolution by default? Any settings you think make a difference...

Any settings you think make a difference...

Does it work with original bios or only hle?

Last edited by a moderator:
:) It appears to be activating the doubled resolution by default for me... I'm using my previous config for ReArmed though. Notaz said this in his pm:

It's off by default and in gpu_neon config, bound to 7 if no config is found.

Maybe I saved the hires mode to my general config too. I forget.

It works exactly like the previous built-in renderer, just generally looks nicer! You can use it with HLE or BIOS. Notaz has a "speed-hack" which helps performance and generally doesn't glitch the game, but some games will have graphical glitches with this on.

Finally the neon scalers (Scale2X/Eagle2X) have been included - I haven't tested these extensively since in the version I was using they wren't coverting the colours properly. I've been given an updated build to test, so I'll probably be able to say more about this tonight/tomorrow.

:) It appears to be activating the doubled resolution by default for me... I'm using my previous config for ReArmed though. Notaz said this in his pm:

It's off by default and in gpu_neon config, bound to 7 if no config is found.

Maybe I saved the hires mode to my general config too. I forget.

It works exactly like the previous built-in renderer, just generally looks nicer! You can use it with HLE or BIOS. Notaz has a "speed-hack" which helps performance and generally doesn't glitch the game, but some games will have graphical glitches with this on.

Finally the neon scalers (Scale2X/Eagle2X) have been included - I haven't tested these extensively since in the version I was using they wren't coverting the colours properly. I've been given an updated build to test, so I'll probably be able to say more about this tonight/tomorrow.

You may have answered this somewhere already, but what kind of Pandora are you on? Curious how well this will work on my CC 256MB Pandora, whenever it's released. :)

I also have a 256MB CC Pandora. it will work fine with some overclock adn the auto frameskip

Most people can clock to 800MHz and all games I have thrown at it have been playable with some skipping at times. 850 or 900 will get you through the processing spikes no problem.

Basically I wouldn't be too worried about performance. :)

This will be the grat super improvement release,

PCSX will bring a whole new level of PSX emulation to Pandora.

Thanks, Notaz.

oh no! In 2 years without release, craig will ask us to pay 600 bucks for an upgrade to mupen64.... and this time we can't even ask for a refund ;)

Greetings to those who, like me, think the new version might be finally there and fill with hope and excitement, everytime they see there's a new post in this thread.

I do not care about N64, but a proper polished GBA-Port would be great,

gPSP still sucks at some games.

Cant wait for the new PCSX Pnd, FF7 should now look closer to the Windows version.
Indeed, it does look pretty similar to how the PC port looks. It is a shame you can't do the same "battle models on map" patches that you can do on PC version!

Just another observation from the beta - the new renderer seems to increase battery consumption quite a bit. (Higher overclock - so makes sense)

Ok I'm finally releasing it. There are some things I could not fix for double resolution rendering, so there will be occasional glitches. Some games rely heavily on various corner cases of how GPU works, like Doom drawing the world with 1 pixel wide triangles, if you just double that it won't draw correctly. Similar cases with texturing, some games won't have textures applied correctly. More thinking and is needed about this, I'm not even sure it can be done at all (having all games to look correctly).

Get it from the repo, as usual:

http://repo.openpand...x_rearmed.notaz

Be sure to update to SuperZaxxon 1.52 before using this, it will be at least 10% slower without it, also the new brightness control won't work.

The double resolution option is in [bIOS/Plugins] -> "configure built-in GPU" and bound to '8' if you start from clean appdata (can be changed in "emulator controls").

Changelog:

• gpu_neon now has new hires rendering mode (sometimes slow and occasionally glitchy)
  • integrated M-HT's scale2x and eagle2x filters (works for 512x256 or lower resolution games)
  • added gamma/brightness control (requires SZ 1.52)
  • some improvements for nub support
  • added fast forward support
  • fixed some glitches after loading savestates from r14 or earlier

Downloading now. Thanks so mich

edit: this is just amazing really is , thps2 looks so much sharper, its a lol slow on my cc pandy but hopefully tweaking settings etc will help crash banicoot also looks great , thanks again

Sent from my Titan using Board Express

Back