Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Already finished Castlevania SOTN :) .

I think Threads of Fate will be the next one.

The characters look good as well without scaling because they are big enough to be no pixel mess :D .

Can someone test the analog settings in the menu ?

Here, it just dismiss the menu.

Retried to set up the analog controls, the emu crashes.

Is it possible for someone else to test that ?

I use the r15.

^

What do you mean?

I was in Controlls>Analog Controlls

Here X has to be 0 ans Y 1. on both sticks.

Other settings didn't work but the Emulator didn't crash.

I also use Player 1 as Analog controller.

Tested with Spyro 2 PAL.

Never had any problems with Analog Controller.

I didn't enter the Controlls>Analog Controlls Menue before. Don't see any use here except changing Nubs as other settings than 1 and 0 didn't work (for Spyro).

Was that what you wanted me to test?

I'm playing lot of games with analog support with Pandora Nubs.

Maybe Notaz can give detailed Information about the Analog settings menue. For me only 1 and 0 worked.

Mmm so it's probably my config in appdata that i should delete.

I can't access to this menu anymore.

Thx.

Well I'm using the n900 port so not sure this bug also happens on the pandora, but Jumping Flash crashes after the first boss. A black screen and nothing else happens.

Must be a problem with the N900 port. I've just cleared the boss dragon thing from world 1 and started world 2 no problem. It might be worth trying a different disk image.

Well I'm using the n900 port so not sure this bug also happens on the pandora, but Jumping Flash crashes after the first boss. A black screen and nothing else happens.

Must be a problem with the N900 port. I've just cleared the boss dragon thing from world 1 and started world 2 no problem. It might be worth trying a different disk image.

Thanks Loonie. :) Sent you a PM.

The wait for the new renderer is almost as insufferable as my original waiting for my Pandora...

I know what you mean. Every time I'm gnashing my teeth as I see a 'new post' to the PCSX-ReARMed thread that has me rushing over only to find it isn't an announcement that the new version with the new renderer is available. Like this one I've just posted, for example.

I cleaned my configs, now it works.

But when i play Gran Turismo jap with analog controls, i have to reset the nubs when i quit the emulator !!!

^

Not for me.

Sometimes I have to reset the Nubs when playing games that Use them but mostly not.

PCS.X should set them back to mouse movement/click or whatever they were before.

I suppose the emulator doesn't shut down properly if that happens.

Did you delete your whole appdata folder or just your config file?

Maybe you should delete the whole folder.

If you don't want some savestats or memcards to get lost somply backup everything and copy them later. That's the way I do it if some emulators don't work.

The wait for the new renderer is almost as insufferable as my original waiting for my Pandora...

I know what you mean. Every time I'm gnashing my teeth as I see a 'new post' to the PCSX-ReARMed thread that has me rushing over only to find it isn't an announcement that the new version with the new renderer is available. Like this one I've just posted, for example.

Me as well. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed all but savestates and memcards.

I think i'll even give a try on a new SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delete your PND.

Maybe it's broken.

Then download it manually, not with PND manager. It's a great manager but if anything fails it's not certain if the manager didn not download properly.

Delete your appdata folder completely.

Backup your memcards and savestats in a different location.

The PND has to create a new appdata folder.

I don't know why but it worked for me to solve some problems with mupen64 that way.

Note: Notaz offered to send me a WIP build, don't go pestering him, he's a busy guy.

I just want to state that you are in for a treat once Notaz can polish off his changes for the release. (I don't know any timescale when that could be)

I have a 256MB first batch Pandora and with the new renderer it's perfectly playable (Some games will frameskip a little)

It looks like the GLES renderer when it works properly - absolutely gorgeous!

The only realy difference I can see from a hardware accelerated graphics plugin is that graphical glitches are less and also textures are not bilinearly smoothed and so you can see blockiness if you get really close to things.

Back