Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Bit of a Noob question here.

How do I Exit the program without forcing th OS to kill it?

I can't seem to find any documentation online about the system commands.

You have to press "Space" to go into the Menue.

Here you can find "exit".

Was that what you needed?

Yeah, that's one thing I find a bit challenging. Trying to remember which games exit with Start, Pandora button, Space, Comma, Q, Fn-Q...

Yeah, that's one thing I find a bit challenging. Trying to remember which games exit with Start, Pandora button, Space, Comma, Q, Fn-Q...
Yeah, this is a known problem, and Craig addressed it awhile ago by saying he wanted a standard format for all emu's(the same buttons would have the same function from app to app), but I don't think anything ever became of it, as many guys had issues. I personally thought it was a good idea.

Chris

Long before that we tried to address it over on GP32X, before Pandoras even shipped. (And even earlier, there were guys trying to implement standards for the GP2X). I don't think Craig was all that interested in standardisation until he'd used smartphones for a while. But at the end of the day, homebrew will do what it wants.

It's relatively consistent on the Pandora. Between Start, Space and Q/Esc most things are covered. Better than holding Start+Select+L+R or some variation of it as we did on the GP2X! Sometimes even the volume buttons.

If you want to get emulators to use some common key configs the best thing to do is to have the repo (or equivalent) maintainers ask the emulator authors to update their emulators to it. Because you're more likely to find that the programmers have no idea that there are standards or what the standards are, rather than deliberately ignoring them.

This goes for a lot of stuff on Pandora.. well, maybe it's just me, but I find a great deal of the developer information on the Wiki to be very difficult to read.. I tried slogging through the stuff about packaging PND files several times and I still didn't really get what I needed to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a Noob question here.

How do I Exit the program without forcing th OS to kill it?

I can't seem to find any documentation online about the system commands.
The board member Yoshi did a very fine job with his emulator factsheet, it sure will be of help in your situation beeing a newbie

Legend of Dragoon works nice so far, going to try out Chrono Cross, im a huge fan of Chrono Trigger and was not able to play it last time i tested it due to crappy emulators (years ago)..

So manny RPG's any tips on games i sould play?

I'm working my way through Legend of Dragoon as well. I finished Final Fantasy 7 a while back, must say it met all the hype and broke my expectations.

So manny RPG's any tips on games i should play?
huge rpg fan ;)

FF7, Legend of dragoon, Chrono Cross are my top 3 rpgs for the ps1..

some other very highly recommended to try after that are star ocean, breath of fire 3&4, grandia, tales of destiny 1&2..

ones I haven't played all the way through, but heard are really good.. (will be the next on my hitlist)

lunar, wild arms, suikoden, arc the lad, & xenogears

FF8 was "want to throw my controller at the tv" bad, I'm playing FF9 now for the first time, will let you know how that turns out

I'm working my way through Legend of Dragoon as well. I finished Final Fantasy 7 a while back, must say it met all the hype and broke my expectations.

Same here.

I finished Final Fantasy 7 and must say it's not that god as expected.

I'm verry dissappointed.

Now I'm playing Final Fantasy 8 and it's dammit good.

It's so funny (at least as faar as i've played so faar), the magic system is great, as well as the Guardian Forces.

I also like the characters more than the ones form FInal Fantasy 8.

I always thoughed Sephiroth was cool but he's siply crazy.

FInal Fantasy 8 has not that "save the dying planet" but a "mercenarys became heroes" storyline.

Now''ll get some trouble with the moderators because of disliking Final Fantasy 7 but loving Final Fantasy 8 :D .

@Askarus

I personally found FF 7 to be the worst FF game I had ever played up to that point. I played it when it was originally released, and besides the big overblown FMV clips, I found it empty and flat compared to the earlier titles(mainly FF 2 & 3/Japans 4 & 6). As soon as my credits rolled, I slapped FF II(Japans FF IV) in to my SNES so I could experiance FF done right, as I couldn't believe I had just played this huge multi CD game, and felt it was a lessar experiance to a 16 bit title that was done years earlier.

FF 7 brought RPG's to the masses(which was a good thing), but in the earlier days Square had to do more with less, and with FF 7, they appeared to do less with more(if that makes any sence). I guess Square had to start somewhere with the new CD format, but I treated this game as an experiament gone wrong.

I was not a fan! :(

@Mori

Agreed!

Chris

If you want to get emulators to use some common key configs the best thing to do is to have the repo (or equivalent) maintainers ask the emulator authors to update their emulators to it. Because you're more likely to find that the programmers have no idea that there are standards or what the standards are, rather than deliberately ignoring them.

This goes for a lot of stuff on Pandora.. well, maybe it's just me, but I find a great deal of the developer information on the Wiki to be very difficult to read.. I tried slogging through the stuff about packaging PND files several times and I still didn't really get what I needed to do.

+1

When I packed my first PND I got it wrong, and subsequently when updating it I have ended up manually extracting the old one, modifying it, then repacking. After reading the docs on the wiki I am still left with the same questions I arrived at the page looking to get answered.

I think Chrono Trigger was my first RPG, and is still one of my favourites, most of the Square Enix games is good, I liked the Lufia series too, specialy Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinistrals, and Lufia 4 The Ruins of Lore.

I played trough Final Fantasy 4, (2) 5, and 9. My favourite is 9.. fell in love with the graphics the thought-back-in-time-world and offcourse the storry. Back in the day this was state of the art!

I have played the other in the series aswell but never finished. and i will play trough 6, 7 and 8 on the pandora.. and will check the Dragon Quest series..

PC has always been Fallout series, and i have played trough them all manny times. and wish for Fallout 1 & 2 to be at full playable speed someday on the pandora....

Hm...I can't remember, so I'll risk double-asking a question: Did the memcard issue resolve itself? Sometimes (not with ever game) I get something along the lines of "Couldn't read memory card" or "Memory card corrupted" or something like that (in game, not from the emulator). Latest example was, right now, FF Tactics, which said "Memory card corrupt", and then couldn't stop itself from trying to access it, causing a lockup. Likewise, if I try to do "Continue" (that is, load a saved game), the whole thing crashes to desktop when it tries to read the memory card. Anyone else got this?

I'm running R14. I might, however, have a memcard file that dates back a number of versions. Would it get better if I deleted it and let the emu create new ones, or should I forget about the memcards and just use save states?

I removed the memcard files (moved them to a backup) so the emu had to create new ones, and switched to the 75xx bios (or something like that) and so far it works nicely :)

Back