Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I'm playing the game Alien Ressurection. There is a level called "Clone Research", in that level there is a hand panel that the player must push pressing R2. It doesn't seem to activate, I'm curious if this is an emulator issue since I doublechecked with a walkthrough / solution, and the thing should press.

There are other hand panels in the level and they are a little fickle it takes a few presses and moving around for them to activate.

Hm...I can't remember, so I'll risk double-asking a question: Did the memcard issue resolve itself? Sometimes (not with ever game) I get something along the lines of "Couldn't read memory card" or "Memory card corrupted" or something like that (in game, not from the emulator). Latest example was, right now, FF Tactics, which said "Memory card corrupt", and then couldn't stop itself from trying to access it, causing a lockup. Likewise, if I try to do "Continue" (that is, load a saved game), the whole thing crashes to desktop when it tries to read the memory card. Anyone else got this?

I'm running R14. I might, however, have a memcard file that dates back a number of versions. Would it get better if I deleted it and let the emu create new ones, or should I forget about the memcards and just use save states?

I had the same problem with FF Tactics, try it with the virtual memcard in slot 2.

Just leaving this here... Would it be possible to have an option to create individual memory cards on a per-game basis. I actually hate having to manage mem-cards... :S
I personally never use the "memory card" I just go with save-states. They are a little easier to manage

Just leaving this here... Would it be possible to have an option to create individual memory cards on a per-game basis. I actually hate having to manage mem-cards... :S
I personally never use the "memory card" I just go with save-states. They are a little easier to manage

That is fine, but if you want to test different gpu plugins, then save-states are a no-go. And save-states aren't transferable to a different emulator, memcards are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xploder works for me but no luck with Gameshark. This is sad because Gameshark covers the entire PSX library while Xploder doesnt. Really hope Notaz will add Gameshark support in next PcsxRearmed release.

I have issues with MediEvil.

I can't load the 4th level.

There's a warning sign like the disc would be broken or missing.

I'm sure the disc is ok. Luckily MediEvil isn't that expensive and I was able to buy the original and Platinium version of the game. Both have those loading issue.

I'm using the german Pal version.

Please help me here.

The game runs great even with the new GPU. Would be really great to play more than the first 3 levels.

Edit:

Attatched screenshot.

HNI_0004.JPG

The only thing I can say is that I played the entire game without problems. It was also a dump from a pal platinum version (the spanish one). With an older version of the emulator, don't remember which one, it was last summer.

I would try to tun it on a PC just to verify that the image is correctly made.

The only thing I can say is that I played the entire game without problems. It was also a dump from a pal platinum version (the spanish one). With an older version of the emulator, don't remember which one, it was last summer.

I would try to tun it on a PC just to verify that the image is correctly made.

I tried it on PC now.

Why the heck can't I even run MediEvil from CD-Rom?

I tried out both CDs, the Platinium and the original-version. Both lack while loading the 4th level.

I doubt both CDs are damaged art the same area.

Is there anything special with MediEvil?

It's copy protected (at least the English version): http://redump.org/disc/592/

rearmed can emulate this with SBI files, but redump.org doesn't have the German version.

You need to make CD image with a subchannel (.sub), I'm not sure which programs can make those now. Or maybe read redump.org guides on how to make the .sbi files.

Thanks Notaz.

I already checked redump.org but didn't find the German .sbi.

Now I know waht's the problem.

I'm sure I'll find a way to get the .sbi. :)

:( I can't get it.

The guide on redump.org is useless because the download of the tools I need is broken.

I couldn't find the .sbi anywhere else.

The's also no other useful guide for me.

@notaz: Sorry to insist, but... Any plains for enabling PCSX cheats support ? That would be perfect :)

I finally got Gameshark working on PCSXReARMed! :D

Gameshark version 5 is full compatible with this wonderful emu.

It's copy protected (at least the English version): http://redump.org/disc/592/

rearmed can emulate this with SBI files, but redump.org doesn't have the German version.

You need to make CD image with a subchannel (.sub), I'm not sure which programs can make those now. Or maybe read redump.org guides on how to make the .sbi files.

I managed to get the .sub file with using CloneCD.

I couldn't make a .sbi file out of it but the .sub file works as well.

Thanks for your help.

Is there a chance the emulator will be able to play CD audio from PBP files in future versions?

Back