Release Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Ok, new build, I finaly found the bug that cause the speechs to overlap. Well, I didn't really spot the bug, I just made a roolback of some useless modification I had done.

Build 05
-----------

• Fixed a bug introduced with Build 04, where speechs are overlapping.

Tried it and found that I suck sooooo much using the nub in this game, I wasn't even able to kill just one trooper... then I plugged my mouse, and ohh that was so cool !! The dpad is confortable to use even with the pandora on the table.

Things get better when you get a Lightsaber.. just flail that puppy around.

New build on the repo. While working on other iD Tech 3 engine games, I had some optimization ideas. I got a few more FPS.

I play with Dynamic Light ON, detailled Shadow, Medium geometry and Medium 32bits textures (it's gorgious at.this level :p  of detail). I have stutter when many guys attacks, but it's quite playable with thoses settings on a Gigahertz Pandora. You'll probably have to use lower details on CC/Rebirth.

Demo has been update to. I have just finished it with this level of detail too :) .

Build 06
-----------

• Many GLES optimisation, especialy in volumetric shadow and "quicksprite" (used on many surface). Better framerates
  • Some fixes to GLES renderer (fog and shadow).
  • Some fixes/refinement in the launch script

You can't imagine how much better playable it is now.

(Actually you can, because you also have the game)

Doing some code review trying to understand why Stencil Shadow still don't work in JediAcademy, I found a typo in the new quisprite code. Small but nasty (a +3 instead of +2, so some memory corruption can occur, plus graphical artefacts).

Upgrade is advised.

Build 07
-----------

• Fixed a small (typo) but nasty bug in the quicksprite (visible in vegetation for example).

ptitSeb is it quite hard to crouch with the right hand, and to aim with the right hand with a gun. Can you make the left nub act like a mouse pointer too? Would be great to crouch and aim at one time with a gun ;)

ptitSeb is it quite hard to crouch with the right hand, and to aim with the right hand with a gun. Can you make the left nub act like a mouse pointer too? Would be great to crouch and aim at one time with a gun ;)
I'll see what I can do. I would prefer a "crouch toogle mode", but that doesn't seems to exist :( .

I would prefer a "crouch toogle mode", but that doesn't seems to exist :( .
Yes searched for that too. Maybe it would work to implement it?

New build on the repo.

Thanks to Askarus for the beta testing, there is now Joystick on Nub support on JK2. So enjoy refined control for the Pandora!

Build 08
-----------

• Added Joystick support, in true analogic mode (including a rolling-evade that works)
  • Configure Left Nub as Joystick
  • New default config file (optionnal) to automaticaly use the nub joystick.
  • Toggle Crouch (smart version, that doesn't interfere with evade action)
  • Added 2 config file to change behavour of nubs (see left_nub and right_nub in the home folder of appdata)
  • Use Right shoulder for Left clic and Left Shoulder for Right clic

I want a video of someone beating a boss dark jedi with the nub !! :D

How do I fire?

Couldn't find that info in your description...
Left shoulder for primary fire, Right shoulder for secondary.

*EDIT* Oups, it seems default control misses the primary and secodary attack, now that shoulder button are mousse and not shift/control anymore :(

I'll fix that in build 09.

Last edited by a moderator:
I corrected default keymap, sorry for that, it's in the repo. Alternatively, if you don't want to upgrade just for that, you can modify the config within the game.

Build 09
-----------

• Corrected default keymap so Shoulder buttons fires as intended.

Actually I think the controls have been well defined, because I killed 4 troopers... anyway the nub is really not for me for this game.

Back