Release Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

New build on the repo. I fixed a few graphics bugs, and added a refined default control. If using the Full version, it's worth the upgrade. If using the Demo, not really.

For new default keymap, go to 1st post for detail.

Build 02

-----------

• Refined default mapping, thanks to BAFelton, Wally and Askarus for it. (you need to delete you appdata/jedioutcast/home/base/.jk2/jk2config.cfg if upgrading to have to new one)
  • A few graphics bugs fixed (laser beam and quicksprite system, used in vegetation).
  • Added lame warning about version if 1.04 not found.

Last edited by a moderator:
The control is much improved for me using the d pad to move and the right nub to look around. It seems 'tighter' all around with more precise aiming.

Thank you Sir.

Last edited:
Got it to work!  Though this is a port, it is better than the PC version as the graphics look way better on the small Pandora screen  :D

Thanks ptitSeb!

Got the full version of this up and running last night, will need to download that update to the PND later on after ork, works great for me! (I'm just not that great at the game so far). Any chance you might be able to put a fresh version of Quake 3 onto your "to-do" list, as you seem to be good at getting these engines up and running? :rolleyes:

Got the full version of this up and running last night, will need to download that update to the PND later on after ork, works great for me! (I'm just not that great at the game so far). Any chance you might be able to put a fresh version of Quake 3 onto your "to-do" list, as you seem to be good at getting these engines up and running? :rolleyes:
I can, but I'm quite sure there are at least 2 version (a ioquake3 and quake3-nanogl) that exist and are running well, what would be the point of doing a third one (ok, maybe for OpenArena)?

I can, but I'm quite sure there are at least 2 version (a ioquake3 and quake3-nanogl) that exist and are running well, what would be the point of doing a third one (ok, maybe for OpenArena)?

Off the top of my head, only one of those versions always me to get to the game proper (the other won't allow me to enter the CD key). There's no option to use an external mouse, and the mapped controls are very skittish, touch the left nub by mistake during gameplay, and the controls don't work properly again. Also there's some graphical glitches with some walls and objects being semi-transparent when they shouldn't. I've tested this on a CC Pandora and a 1 gig model (with updated graphics driver as per notaz's recommendation)

Used the first time the 10% gpu overclocking (sudo /usr/pandora/sys_speed.sh 362) and the demo worked way better and was quite fluid to play. It was realy fun. Maybe a bit more overclocking would make it even more fluid. I think the bottleneck is the gpu on the CC and rebirth units, but it is very playable. Thank you.

Off the top of my head, only one of those versions always me to get to the game proper (the other won't allow me to enter the CD key). There's no option to use an external mouse, and the mapped controls are very skittish, touch the left nub by mistake during gameplay, and the controls don't work properly again. Also there's some graphical glitches with some walls and objects being semi-transparent when they shouldn't. I've tested this on a CC Pandora and a 1 gig model (with updated graphics driver as per notaz's recommendation)
Ok, I'll see what I can do...

Used the first time the 10% gpu overclocking (sudo /usr/pandora/sys_speed.sh 362) and the demo worked way better and was quite fluid to play. It was realy fun. Maybe a bit more overclocking would make it even more fluid. I think the bottleneck is the gpu on the CC and rebirth units, but it is very playable. Thank you.
Yes, I think GPU is the bottleneck on the CC and Rebirth, where I think it's the CPU on the Gigahertz (and it's more fluid on the gigahertz of course).

Be sure to use "16bits" textures, and "low" texture size, and only "Bilinear" filtering (not Trilinear) to reduce bandwidth requirement.

Works great on the CC Pandora (whit a bit lower graphiks), but the cheat konsole ditnt seems to apear if i put shift ^.. ,

Whit NUB, the Aiming is a bit divicult, thanks Yoda, the Stormtroopers are all that intelligent as Jaja Bings..

More praktice i have to make whit this game..

I believe that the Quake 3 port was a very early port, I think it could still use some love <3 <3

Works great on the CC Pandora (whit a bit lower graphiks), but the cheat konsole ditnt seems to apear if i put shift ^.. ,

Whit NUB, the Aiming is a bit divicult, thanks Yoda, the Stormtroopers are all that intelligent as Jaja Bings..

More praktice i have to make whit this game..
You can get the console with "~", so it's Shift-4 (and you fire a few rounds bringing the console, maybe I should have put another key of it than the default one).

Thangs for the Answer, now i have acces to the cheatsmenü,

ok it isnt nice to cheat, but i have finishd the game in 2002, so i can now play whit cheats..

Is realy cool tho shoow the peaple what the pandora is apple to run..

Yes, I think GPU is the bottleneck on the CC and Rebirth, where I think it's the CPU on the Gigahertz (and it's more fluid on the gigahertz of course).

Be sure to use "16bits" textures, and "low" texture size, and only "Bilinear" filtering (not Trilinear) to reduce bandwidth requirement.
I used the default values which you set for the demo version. Worked ok with 10% overclocking the gpu^^.

Been playing through to kejim mines and loving it so far.

Is there any chance Jedi Academy will ever run on the pandora, or would that be pushing it to the extreme?

Don't you like Jedi outcast? ;)

Believe in the power of ptitSeb and all your wishes will become true.

"Size doesn't matter for the force."

I played this game back in the day, it's awesome that it's come to the pandora.

I fired up the demo to give it a go, and was expecting to have no jedi powers/light saber for a while, like in the full version. I thought the controls were just really bad or something, because I was finding it stupidly hard. Somehow I eventually made it to the first Jedi fight but then was like, okay this is so not fair at all, I've got guns, he's got the force man, there's no way I can do this - I don't remember it being this difficult!

It was then that I realised I've been a jedi since the beginning! D'oh!

Great work, this is one of the best releases in a while. Going to load up the full version later on. :D

New build on the repo, just a bug fixe for the Full version (I haven't noticed problem in the demo), with the "quicksprites", used many in vegetation. The yavin level (when going to the Jedi Academi) was all messed-up.

Build 03

-----------

• Graphics bugs with vegetation fixed, thanks to Askarus for the report and the savegame.

I will update sources in 1st post also.

Back