Release Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

I really enjoy this game on the Pandora. So far it runs almost perfect for me, just had some minor slowdown once so far (but nothing which made it unplayable). The Stormtroopers are a bit too fast for the nubs, but it's still ok. I'm getting better and better.

Fantastic to have this on the Pandora, I would have never thought it would be capable of this!

Many thanks!

OK, this game is UNPLAYABLE if you have shitty nubs.

We need dual nub support and good nubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
PLays fine for me, original game was also made with 4 buttons for moving (wasd), and not analogue stick.

But you have a 100% accurate mouse in the right hand.

Not such broken mess like I have ;) .

EDIT:

I think it's because I'm playing on a 16:9 TV and the aspect ration is somehow messed up.

Was better on Pandora screen.

Also the Resolution is 800x600, which is not Pandora resolution.

However I found a to make custom resolutions and  get 800x480.

So you'll see Kyle's legs in the future :) .

Already sent the files to ptitSeb.

Thanks for the update... I managed to get through that part already (just ran straight through the room) but it was a bit tough.

I was playing last night and ran out of battery (yeah I've been playing it that much, I'm on the bit where you have to fight Desann's student woman on Bespin). When I started up again I'd lost all my settings - controls are all messed up, looking around is super slow, and medium textures etc were turned on. Deleting the config file fixed everything. I guess there isn't much to be done about this... but just a warning - try not to run out of battery while playing!

Thanks for the update... I managed to get through that part already (just ran straight through the room) but it was a bit tough.

I was playing last night and ran out of battery (yeah I've been playing it that much, I'm on the bit where you have to fight Desann's student woman on Bespin). When I started up again I'd lost all my settings - controls are all messed up, looking around is super slow, and medium textures etc were turned on. Deleting the config file fixed everything. I guess there isn't much to be done about this... but just a warning - try not to run out of battery while playing!
You didn't lost your progression, so I guess it's ok. Yeah, good advice: beware of the Battery level, it's an immersive game, you can lost the track of time ;) !

Here's the config :) .

Simply unzip and put it into your Appdata folder.

/appdata/jedioutcast/home/.jk2/base/jk2config.cfg

Already includes the 800x480 mode.

jk2config.cfg.zip

Attachments

• jk2config.cfg.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 231
New build on the repo. I remove the force to use OpenAL swith. So now, the "EAX" option as an effect. It's better to not use EAX (and so OpenAL), you have better performance, and some sounds that should be muted (like a droid in a another room) is mute with software mixer.

And some new default layout from Askarus (with a menu at first launch if you are upgrading)

Build 04

-----------

• Added ability to disable use of OpenAL (unselect EAX). It was forced on before. Better performances, and some buggin sounds solved.
  • New refined default layout, with direct Force access, thanks to Askarus (no need to delete, you will have a question to upgrade or not)

I installed the update and it played fine, but after I finished the stage the cutscenes were "messed up": People started talking too early, so it happened that two or three people were talking at once (of course they should start talking only after the previous speaker stopped). I did not see any subtitles either, allthough they are turned on in the menu. There might be a connection. The conversation at mission start was fine again, I think there is a difference between those scenes (using the game engine) and the actual movie-cutscenes(?)

I just finished the first mission, so it's the first cutscene apart from the intro. Did not have time to do any tests ... did somebody else have this problem?

That has to be messed up with one of the last updates.

All cutscenes were fine for me.

I haven't changed code about cutscene. But maybe the problem is with the Software mixer, where "end of speech" or "lips synch" is broken? I have to test, I haven't gone to a cut scene with last version.

@F_Sim, can you try the same cutscene but choosing "EAX" in the sound option?

EAX on does not change anything. I noticed that the characters also act too early, so lip synch is actually fine. "end of speech" broken seems to describe best what I see and hear (without knowing anything about the code).

I attached a save file, it is NOT zipped, just rename it. It's the very end of the level, just walk through the tube.

jkii09.sav.renamed_to.zip

Attachments

• jkii09.sav.renamed_to.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
EAX on does not change anything. I noticed that the characters also act too early, so lip synch is actually fine. "end of speech" broken seems to describe best what I see and hear (without knowing anything about the code).

I attached a save file, it is NOT zipped, just rename it. It's the very end of the level, just walk through the tube.
Ok, I'll take a look.

Ok, I'll take a look.
Ok, I have looked, and yes, that's very strange ?! I have to see on my Linux VM with vanilla code if I reproduce this behavour or not. It may be something in the code I use, or something I added. Or maybe you knw that this doesn't happens with previous build?

I can't say definitely, but I just started a new game, and there the problem happens only once. I don't think I noticed that when I played for the first time. Also right at the beginning of the mission, after Jane takes cover behind the imperial transporter you hear two Stormtroopers talk. There is the same problem (so it's not just during cutscenes!) and I am pretty sure it was ok the first time. And I think I started playing using build 2.

I wonder if this may just be the game.. I kind of remember some quirkyness with it when I played it on the PC.

I can't say definitely, but I just started a new game, and there the problem happens only once. I don't think I noticed that when I played for the first time. Also right at the beginning of the mission, after Jane takes cover behind the imperial transporter you hear two Stormtroopers talk. There is the same problem (so it's not just during cutscenes!) and I am pretty sure it was ok the first time. And I think I started playing using build 2.
Oh, I'm sure this sequence worked good. I'll retry with latest build, that's an easy test.

Back