Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Just tried that but a few moments later when I reopen the cd image from the load state, the emulator hasn't remembered the controls and I have to set them over again. Aarrrrgggghh!

Maybe you have the "bad" config saved pergame basis? Game configs take priority over global.

If not, can you post <sdcard>/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/pcsx.cfg file somewhere?

You can try deleting these:

<sdcard>/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/pcsx.cfg

<sdcard>/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/cfg

An update was just uploaded to the repo. This is maintenance release more or less, so no new features, just some compatibility fixes. Large portion of cdrom code was reworked, as well as audio sync code to solve various issues some games had. We had a few minor bugs fixed in NEON GPU too (in collaboration with Exophase). There was also a bug in run script that made every game loaded but first run at lower performance than it should (especially noticeable in doubleres mode), that was fixed too.
I just wanted to say thank you very much Notaz. I updated yesterday, and now the Disney Hercules menu is displaying, making the game playable. Your work is much appreciated.

Maybe you have the "bad" config saved pergame basis? Game configs take priority over global.

If not, can you post <sdcard>/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/pcsx.cfg file somewhere?

You can try deleting these:

<sdcard>/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/pcsx.cfg

<sdcard>/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/cfg
Thanks for the advice. It looks like it was my own fault though. I bought my second Pandora (1 Ghz) this week, used the r19 pnd and my old save files from November 2011. i got rid of all the old app data and started afresh. Now it's ok :)

Oh and the flickering issuse on Die Hard Trilogy is on airport level - the one where you use the light gun.

Thanks again!

I just purchased NHL '99 for the PS1 (huge hockey fan..) and I'm having issues with the game.

The game itself plays great, when it's actually running I'm loving how it plays on the portable pandora. But it gets caught in a "loop" sometimes. Basically the picture freeze and the audio loops over and over until you return to the pcsx menu by hitting space and reload the game and try again.

It happens randomly. Sometimes after just a minute or two into a game, sometimes I get to play to the 2nd or 3rd period before it loops, very rarely have I completed a full game. I ripped the original PAL disc with imgburn on windows to bin/cue format and I'm hoping it's somewhere in the ripping process that something went wrong so I can fix this and enjoy the game.

I remember having a similar issue with Resident Evil 2 which stopped working at the shop right at the beginning before you get to the police station. I bought this game recently too, and ripped with the same program to the same format and it's working great, no issues at all. But NHL doesn't work as intended.

I'm running r19 of pcsx on my classic pandora. Let me know if any of you could think what can be done to fix this.

Burb, convert your .bin/.cue files into an EBOOT this should solve these problems, it fixes lots of compatibility issues like this, certainly works in the case of Resident Evil 2, should work for NHL too but i dont own the disk so i cant test.

Sounds like some timing bugs, you can try it on some older version of PCSX as I tuned audio code a lot in recent versions.

EBOOT workaround is unlikely to help as those format issues were resolved a few versions back.

A savestate taken when this is likely to occur (not after) would help to solve it on future versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like some timing bugs, you can try it on some older version of PCSX as I tuned audio code a lot in recent versions.

EBOOT workaround is unlikely to help as those format issues were resolved a few versions back.

A savestate taken when this is likely to occur (not after) would help to solve it on future versions.
I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but it seems like a good spot. Tried to load it about 10-15 times and 3 times it froze quickly (53 sec, 2X sec, 15 sec on the timer) I didn't fire any shots or passes, just skated around (as Desjardins) in norway's zone moving the left analog nub.

http://dump.ettfyratre.se/SLES01445-ss.zip

Is anyone else having problems with Crash Team Racing? I used to be able to go for a few races, but now all it does (no matter which render mode) is crash back to desktop after player selection (and sometimes IN player selection)

:/

I was just trying a new game, "Pandemonium!" (NTSC-U).  On the first level there were some rendering errors: in some sections of the course one vertex of the scenery got yoinked way up and to the left, causing a long skinny triangle to occlude part of the screen.  There are a couple spots right in a row where it happens with different bits.  It's no big deal, but if you're interested I could send you the save file.  (This is with r19.)

Probably caused by libcryt protection (you need .sub or .sbi).
Thanks for the headsup! 

For others have similar problems,

I googled and found this info (see following quote) , I will try with a sub file in the next days and see if that goes well (I used .bin/.cue !).

Clonecd images (ccd+img+sub)are initially used by CloneCD to make perfect 1:1 copy of CDs games.

*.ccd store the structural info

*.img store the main cd data

*.sub store the subchannel data (mostly used by copy protection)

bin/cue is an older format, and CANNOT make perfect 1:1 copy of CDs games, since it doesn't store any subchannel info

*.cue store the structural info of the cd

*.bin store the main cd data

*.bin/*.cue format CANNOT use any *.sub file, they'r absolutely two different format.

the only common thing they share, is the *.img file, since it contain (mostly) the same data.

technically, the CloneCD format is better since it can make a perfect 1:1 copy of a PSX games, and since most of PAL games are copyprotected, CloneCD format is the only way to go. (or mdf/mds, etc..)

you can convert a ccd/img/sub image to a bin/cue, but you'll lost all the subchannel data....so you'll lost also your 1:1 perfect image.

one last thing, why most of images around here are using bin/cue instead of clonecd ? because most of psx games "around here" are from NTSC/US versions...wich were not copyprotected (well mostly) and so don't use subchannel data. Bin/cue doe the job wery well in this case.

UPDATE: I now tried the NTSC version of CTR (SCUS-94426) with the .img, .sub, .cue and .ccd files . I have a bios set up and set pcsx-rearmed to NTSC (tried PAL before) - it still doesn't work. The only difference by setting it to NTSC is that it doesnt crash back to desktop, but freezes with a looping sound, and it's impossible to exit (one of these cases where the pandora button plus blindly pressing enter doesn't work).

Any more guesses of what could be the culprit?

Just wanted to say Thank You! for this awesome emulator. Didn't realise there was so many great psx games out there, hit up top 100 psx games on google and found some great games, all of which run perfect!

In the first place thank you for this great emulator it runs perfect on my 1ghz,But when i load transformers beastwars transmetals it loads the complete intro and after that the screen turns black and nothing happens.

Hi everyone

I recently updated to r19, in the hope of solving a crash issue with Quake 2 in the first mission.

I was slightly confused as it looked like I could no longer use any of my game rips as the CD image browser was only showing the cue files, not the bins but pressing Y when the browse screen pops up allows me to view all files and load a bin.

Is this extra step a new feature in recent versions?

Anyway, a quick question about Quake 2. I get reasonably reproducable crashes on a particular stage in the first mission. The game freezes then after a couple of seconds I'm dumped back to the XFCE desktop.

Are there any graphics tweaks I can try to see I can solve it?

It only ever happens at one particular point in this game. I seem to remember having to change a few settings in ePSXe on Windows to stop a few glitches in Quake 2.

Other than that, all other games I've tried work superbly! I'm amazed what this thing is capable of and this is the most impressive bit of software for the Pandora!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers, B

If it's only showing .cue files, they should load fine.

About Quake2, I need a savestate before it happens and instructions what to do to trigger the crash. It's unlikely there are any settings to fix it, sounds like a plain bug to me (except maybe trying other video plugins could help).

Back