Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

i havent had any problems with my Quake 2 ps1 disk image at all, having said this - if i'm going to play Quake 2 on Pandora i'll normally choose to play a native port of the PC game. i've got quite deep into the game using an image created from my ps1 disk though, no crashes to report. Maybe batfastad should make a new disk image, this might help.

Hi everyone

Thanks for the advice. It's strange, none of my .cue files seem to load, unrecognized image/format or something. This may have been the case with a previous version of PCSX as well though, it's just I always selected the .bin files.

Can anyone see anything wrong with the format of this cue file? http://pastebin.com/w0vjEbTj

The .bin is named exactly as entered in the .cue

Saved state... https://mega.co.nz/#!XBgVHAyD!Ori5sQNomeaRdnY3Xz5NNhfQf2YwWTPmvqhjCHWONIU

I should note that this is the PAL version (full image can be provided for testing, PM for temporary link)

Basically it happens 50-80% of the time when walking out of that corridor into the open and looking up left. There are some grunts to shoot on the left hand side.

I've managed to get past it eventually without crashing and not had any other crashes.

Just wondered if there was a GPU setting I needed to edit somewhere, I had to go through all sorts of settings to get it working on ePSXe. This is the same CD image I ripped years ago to play with ePSXe on the PC.

@Monkfish: Yeah I'd like to play native ports of Q1, Q2 and Q3 if they're pretty stable. Which ones have you tried? From a brief look IOQuake3 looks very promising though not tried it out yet.

@Monkfish: Yeah I'd like to play native ports of Q1, Q2 and Q3 if they're pretty stable. Which ones have you tried? From a brief look IOQuake3 looks very promising though not tried it out yet.
For Quake II i use IOQuake2 from the old repo its real smooth and doesn't freeze up like the more recent Yamagi-Quake-2. Quake 3 never really appealed to me, i guess i think of it as a different kind of game, but all the signs suggest IOQuake3 is a good choice. For Quake I you got lots of choice on the Pandy its really a matter of personal preference.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up Monkfish. I never bothered going for any of the Quake ports in the repo as there seemed like loads of different versions. IOQuake 2 & 3 are brilliant, the Pandora controls are just awesome.

Can anyone see from this .cue file what might cause PCSX to not play it and say "unsupported cd image"? http://pastebin.com/w0vjEbTj

The .bin works fine though!

Cheers, B

I've done some mucking around with my cue sheet files and I've found that I can get them to load by removing the trailing " from the....

FILE "AWESOME_GAME.BIN" BINARY

... line

So they all become...

FILE "AWESOME_GAME.BIN BINARY

As soon as I add the " back in after the filename the .cue fails to load.

The .cue fails to load when the " is removed from the start of the filename under all circumstances.

Can anyone else confirm this with the latest version r19

Pretty sure these .cue files all used to work with the previous version I was running.

Cheers, B

EDIT: Ok it turns out I might be wrong. Something's definitely going on with my cue/bin files and I can't work out the pattern.

Does it make any difference to game loading or playback if I select the .cue or the .bin?

Should all of my .cue files be able to load from within PCSX or are there occassions when .cue files are not able to be loaded?

Cheers, B

Last edited by a moderator:
What I have to do in order to play shooting games with the touchscreen ?

I set the port 1 device "GunCon", and launched "Point Blank" (that should support that gun), but I can't even start to play because seems the start button doesn't work with this device, and touching the screen do nothing...

Should I also remap some keys or something like that ?

you will need to map the G-con's buttons to whatever keys you like; for me it varies from game to game so i have 1 set up for ResiEvil Survivor, another for Point Blank another for Elemental Gearbolt, and a different set-up again for Time Crisis. After you've set the buttons to your liking and set touch to shoot (or whatever its called) to ON you have to set the input to G-con then save the settings for that particular game and maybe reset the game, works beautifully just takes a little playing around.

the ones i have are in my view the ones worth having. I cant recommend Elemental Gearbolt highly enough it is AMAZING and the others i mentioned are great (once you get used to RE: Survivours controls you really have a lot of flexibility but you'll need some time to figure out a good custom control setup on Pandora), theres Point Blank 2 but in my view its not as good (many would disagree with me) I'm sure there are others out there but i'm pretty confident i have the cream of the lightgun crop.

Assigned the other gun keys, now I'm able to start playing Point Blank, and works really well !! :D

I also tried "Lethal Enforcers", but the touch wasn't working, I suppose it is normal because the game is expecting a different kind of gun, right ?

Even Elemental Gearbolt is very playable, but seems it needs more accurancy than Point Blank, it is not so easy

So far I've only tried Wipeout 2097 and I have to tip my hat to you, Sir Notaz, this emulator is ACE. Runs great / full frame and looks better than the real thing!

(other candidates waiting to be tested are Abe's Oddyssey, Tekken, Klonoa, Einhander, Killerloop, Ghost in the shell (my collection of PSX originals is not that extensive, I own far more PS2 and WII games))

Even Elemental Gearbolt is very playable, but seems it needs more accurancy than Point Blank, it is not so easy
it's a difficult game but i would recommend custom key-bindings for each lightgun game, makes things a little easier especially with games the reward accuracy like Elemental Gearbolt (i'd also recommend you almost always stick with the fire element as its kinda like the games shotgun blast you dont have to be quite so precise)

Back