Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Hey all, Please help me solve this problem, its really been a long time I am stuck with it.

Or re direct me to the right thread,

I am using PCSX-R playing legend of the dragoon ( 4 CD game ).

I just finished the first one, and at the "please insert disk 2" screen, I am lost and dont know what to do. I have tried many things.

Things I have tried:-

1) There is an "Eject CD" option then just hangs the application.

2) On the "Pease insert disk 2" screen I just go to file and click recently run disks and choose disk 2 there in the menu. Then the game displays, "Please while while checking for right disk" and then displays "wrong CD inserted" 

Please I really want to play this game, you are god if you can help me figure this out.

PS- I run it on the MAC version of PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.93

I am using ISO files to load the game disks

I have got to the end of the first CD by using freeze state and Defrost state! In game memory card dont work, even though I have them set up. *Thats a different problem* 

Thanks everyone! 

PS- I run it on the MAC version of PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.93
 Hi,

I'm sorry but this is a support thread for PCSX-ReARMed not Reloaded. They are close cousin but not the same software.

To play this version you need a pandora or using retroArch on Android.

You''l probably have a better chance on an other forum ;)

I believe I encountered two bugs in PCSX-ReArmed:

1. R-Type Delta - I cleared the game just fine but then at the very end when the score screen came up, it just stayed there doesn't matter what I pressed.  This is an issue as one cannot get goodies after the game is cleared. Here is the screenshot where it just hangs there.  And here is the save state.
  2. Driver 1 - While playing Driver 1, at the very first training where you have to pass all the tests to get the job, if you fail the test and hit retry, PCSX-ReArmed crashed.  I really want to get the job but I can't :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the savestate?

Driver issue is a known longstanding bug..
Oh thank you for the quick response, and here is the savestate.  Please get rid of the ".zip" as it is just a dummy I added to get it uploaded to this thread.

Thanks,

Shenmue

SLUS00877-SLUS00877.001.zip

Attachments

• SLUS00877-SLUS00877.001.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
very nice emu (port), thanks to everyone involved for making this happen!

tested it with the following games so far:

• Wipeout 2097 XL (works perfectly, supersampling makes it look better than the real thing)
  • Silhouette Mirage  (works perfectly, had to change L2/R2 to lshift/P since both keys need to be pressed simultaneously which doesn't work with the default O/P key settings)
  • Ray Crisis (works perfectly)
  • Ridge Racer Type 4 (works perfectly)
  • Gran Turismo 2 (works perfectly, supersampling looks nice!)
  • Internal Section (does not continue to start up after initial splash screens)
  • Harmful Park (works perfectly)
  • Gunner's Heaven (some minor soundglitches, not related to buffer underruns AFAICT)
  • Need for Speed 3-Hot Pursuit (does not start up)
  • Klonoa (works perfectly)
  • Ghost in the shell (works perfectly)
  • Castlevania-Symphony of the Night (works perfectly)
  • Oddworld (Abe's Odyssey) (works perfectly)
  • Einhaender (works perfectly)
  • Tekken 3 (works perfectly)
  • Civilization 2 (works perfectly)

* works perfectly = first level played fine, no gfx slowdowns or sound stutter issues

@ekianjo: yes, I did.

I also made sure that the game works properly in PCSX Reloaded (Win32).

The reason why Internal Section does not start up seems to have something to do with the ARM dynamic recompiler.

When I disable it, the game starts and DynaRec can then be enabled once the title screen is reached.

There is another issue with this game, though: When using any of the soft GPU plugins, there are rendering artefacts, i.e. 'random' fullscreen triangles which cover up large parts of the screen (and enemy bullets..).

These usually occur after a 'wave' has been completed. This happens regardless of whether DynaRec is enabled or not.

The GLES GPU driver does not have this issue but the emulator crashes when trying to enable DynaRec at the title screen or ingame.

@Shenmue: I tried a different dump of NFS3 and that one worked. The original dump does work in the Win32 version of PCSX, though.

@ekianjo: yes, I did.

There is another issue with this game, though: When using any of the soft GPU plugins, there are rendering artefacts, i.e. 'random' fullscreen triangles which cover up large parts of the screen (and enemy bullets..).

These usually occur after a 'wave' has been completed. This happens regardless of whether DynaRec is enabled or not.

The GLES GPU driver does not have this issue but the emulator crashes when trying to enable DynaRec at the title screen or ingame.
Use the software GPU, it rocks. It does has some artefacts in "double res" mode. But you can switch it to normal res (plus different scaling options) dynamically at run time, so try that.

Just curious:  Can netplay be implemented in PCSX-ReArmed?  It would be more popular and more forum members will use it than other emulators on the Pandora.  Tekken 3, Gran Turismo 2, and loads of other PS1 titles via netplay would be awesome.

Just curious:  Can netplay be implemented in PCSX-ReArmed?  It would be more popular and more forum members will use it than other emulators on the Pandora.  Tekken 3, Gran Turismo 2, and loads of other PS1 titles via netplay would be awesome.
Sounds like a ball-ache to implement.

oohh, and street fighter alpha 3 :)

My boy and I play alot of snes games over android with the Pandy and his nexus 7 :)

pcsrearmedx is already one of te most popular emulators on the Pandora. What are you talking about?

notaz stated that Temper has netplay implemented by Exophase but no one bother testing/using it.  I'm saying Temper is not that popular as PCSX-ReArmed so if PCSX-ReArmed were to have netplay capability, then a lot people would use this feature than Temper. 

notaz stated that Temper has netplay implemented by Exophase but no one bother testing/using it.  I'm saying Temper is not that popular as PCSX-ReArmed so if PCSX-ReArmed were to have netplay capability, then a lot people would use this feature than Temper. 
Well Temper is not even officially on the repo. No wonder no one uses it. 

I agree with you otherwise, netplay would be great, but not sure how much work that would be and whether anyone is willing to support that. That's certainly not straightforward. 

Back