Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I remember testing it not so long ago, I think it's one of those games that needs all audio tracks intact, similar to Tomb Raider.

I remember testing it not so long ago, I think it's one of those games that needs all audio tracks intact, similar to Tomb Raider.
Alright, I found a differant version(Silhouette Mirage) and the game now runs fine, but the audio seems to be stuck, and keeps repeating.

Has anyone had audio repeating problems before(it's like a record skipping over and over)? Is there a paticular setting to fix this audio problem? I wonder if this is just a problem with the eboot I found, or if this would still happen with the full ISO?

Chris

I think .cue/.bin worked fine for me.
Thanks Notaz!

I actually located a bin/cue version, and it now runs perfectly. It takes up some extra space, but I had just enough room left to squeeze it in. Now my PSX collection is complete.

Chris

I have problems with Night Raid.

The game starta well, but you I can't see any enemys. I can shoot them and I can see the ampearing items, but I don't see the enemys.

Wow I am pretty late to the party and took my Pandora out of the drawer and with me on a holiday trip. Downloaded the R14 release of the emulator and was simply blown away by the difference with the R8 release that I had on it before that.

I literally got goose pimples down my back when I saw the ultra smooth graphics of the playstation games running on the Pandora screen at 600MHz clock speed.

Kudos to the developers of this amazing piece of code. It definitely had turned my Pandora back into my favorite handheld.

Hi everyone :)

Just a quick question, does this emulator support cheats ? Like its possible on my PSPGO with the cwcheats plugin...

Sorry but I don't have a Pandora to test... I preordered one and I'm waiting for my turn :p

Thanks ;)

I've been looking for the r14 thread, but can't find it... So I'll post here. (assuming there is no r14 thread).

This is just to get Notaz' attention regarding my issue with Legend of Mana. I.e that there is no sound, or distorted sound during cutscenes but everything else seems to work perfectly.

Here is the link to my thread documenting everything I tried:

http://boards.openpa...a-sound-issues/

EDIT: Turns out that using r7 and clocking to 850Mhz solves the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone :)

Just a quick question, does this emulator support cheats ? Like its possible on my PSPGO with the cwcheats plugin...

Sorry but I don't have a Pandora to test... I preordered one and I'm waiting for my turn :p

Thanks ;)

I was able to use cheats with Gameshark/Xploder.

You can load the Gameshark image. Then you can select the cheats you want. After that you can go into "extra" and change the CD-image to the game you want to play. I've tested it 1-2 times.

Don't know wheter there's direct cheat support or not.

@Askarus:

I hope there is a direct cheat support, so that we could enable / disable cheats ingame (like its possible on a PSP). I don't think it would be too difficult to implement, its just a direct patch to the PS1 ram I suppose. I hope someone will make this possible someday :p But untill then the Gameshark is a possible solution, thanks for the information ;)

Hi,

I have received my pandora yesterday and was able to test the emulator. I can't find cheats options in the menu, but this folder was created after the first launch :

\pandora\appdata\pcsx_rearmed\.pcsx\cheats

So, I suppose cheats are implemented in this emu ? I guess I have to make a file by game in this folder, does anyone knows how to do that ? (what syntax for the codes, what filename ect.)

I've searched about cheating with pcsx even on PC and can't find any information -.-

I found that the build PCSXRR on PC have cheat support, but no tutorial about how to make the files ... here's the link : http://code.google.com/p/pcsxrr/

Thanks in advance :)

Anybody had luck getting Saga Frontier to work? I get sound, but the screen is black :/
I have been trying to get Colin McRae Rallye 2.0 to work, but the scrren just stays black and nothing happens. I tried different ISO. I am using r14 but I think I read somewhere that also with r13 it did not work.

So, I suppose cheats are implemented in this emu ? I guess I have to make a file by game in this folder, does anyone knows how to do that ? (what syntax for the codes, what filename ect.)
Yeah the original PCSX has some cheat support, and I haven't removed that, but haven't added any GUI options to manage them either, so most likely no way to use them (yet?).

@notaz: Any chance you could get cheats working ? no need for a GUI, if a cheat file is found in the cheat directory corresponding to the launched game ID, the cheats would be activated automaticly, this should be easy to implement I suppose no ?

Anybody had luck getting Saga Frontier to work? I get sound, but the screen is black :/
I have been trying to get Colin McRae Rallye 2.0 to work, but the scrren just stays black and nothing happens. I tried different ISO. I am using r14 but I think I read somewhere that also with r13 it did not work.

I tested Colin McCrae 2.0 (PAL version bin/cue) again today, on the newest version, and it runs perfectly for me. I think you might need to set specifically to use PAL settings to get it to work (IIRC), but it works great using the analgue controls!

Back