Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I don't have a save state for Spyro 1--but I do have a save state for Spyro 2 where the game is already in a very-slowed-down state. It should be 30fps, but it's getting about 10. The music is slow and juddery too; it's XA music, so I'm guessing it's not decoding fast enough and the buffer runs out and I get little bits of silence.

I also have a reproducible crash. If I open the Spyro 2 "guidebook" (press Start and choose "Guidebook" on the menu) and then leave it open, within a minute PCSX crashes. That seems to work anytime, including from this save state.

I'd be happy to send you the save state if you remind me how to do that.

Do you have a savestate before it happens?

Here it is

I left Spyro outside one portal, just go in... or go to any other portal in that world and same thing will happen.

Note, rename file extension to .00x Site wouldn't let me upload the file with a .000-.009 extension

SPYRO-SCES01438.txt

Attachments

• SPYRO-SCES01438.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the right one. It should be in "Mystic Marsh" looking at a kinda creepy character. Like the previous poster, I added a ".txt" extension to make the forum software happy.

Attachments

• SCUS94425-SCUS94425.007.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
I have a problem with Chrono Cross, when I enter the menu to replace elements after 10/15 seconds a slowdown happens and it's so slow that even the keypress responds after some seconds... anyway after some time, if I remain in the menu the game goes super fast, and then for a while goes normal speed, than again slooooow...

If I exit the menu after some second the speed goes normal and it's playable again, until I returns in the menu...

I don't remember this issue the last time I played with an older version of the emulator.

I tried to disable frame liimit, frame skip, and all the music options, but the problem seems not there...

Did you happen to use old savestate? Does it happen if you start fresh?

I've noticed after loading some savestates root counter (timer) emulation messes up, I'll need to fix that I guess..

Did you happen to use old savestate? Does it happen if you start fresh?

I've noticed after loading some savestates root counter (timer) emulation messes up, I'll need to fix that I guess..

I used an old savestate cause I started the game months ago and then stopped playing it...

Seems I found a solution: loaded the savestate then saved in a memcard slot, reset the game and loaded from the memcard slot, then saved in a savestate.

As far as I have tried reloading the savestate I can't see the issue anymore.

I've ripped a .bin/.cue of Breath of Fire III SLUS-00422 (US). The game loads fine, but it doesn't respond to any button presses. Loading with scph1001.bin and the rest default settings.

I had the same problem, though my rip was a bin/toc. I was able to fix it by setting Controls -> Port 1 Device to Standard (SCPH-1080).

That fixed Breath of Fire III, as well as Vandal Hearts and Suikoden.

@EvilDragon really good work there, does an excellent job of showing off the new graphical features, hopefully a great video to attract more customers! Lots of people looking forwards to playing some PSX titles in enhanced graphics mode!

Steve

It was already pixel perfect, and now it is really "emulation better than the original". And on a handheld!

Amazing stuff.

Enhanced graphics version looks amazing, any word on whether this will benefit us humble 256MB CC Pandora owners?

Great work as always Notaz, this really shows off the power of the Pandora. :D

Notaz earlier suggested it will be fine, so long as you can overclock to 850 - 900mhz.

Notaz earlier suggested it will be fine, so long as you can overclock to 850 - 900mhz.
Well that depends on game really, also if you can tolerate some frameskip.

For those wondering why this hasn't been released yet, there are several things missing:

• A new firmware needs to be released with updated kernel, otherwise there is at least 20% performance loss. I wanted to do 8bpp support for display driver before releasing to avoid loading ED with firmware release work needlessly, but that work is still not finished.
  • Sprite asm still needs to be written, they are slow now.
  • There is a problem of triangles of certain size being offset by 1 pixel, causing glitches. I need Exophase's help with that one, as I have no idea how he came up with his edge_delta stuff and how to fix without breaking it even more.
  • Some other glitches need more investigation.

This hasn't progressed at least for a month now, so maybe it could be released in unfinished state, but I don't feel comfortable with that. At least kernel update needs to be pushed out for this to be enjoyable on 256M units..

I don't play much PSX those days, but it will be a good reason to do some Wipeout sessions ;) .

Thx in advance, Notaz !

I'm curious, what's is the difference between antialiasing an rendering at double resolution. Is there any difference for the viewer, because all emulators I have used in PC have different levels of antialiasing but I can't remember anyone that had the double/triple/whatever resolution rendering option.

Back