Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

All I can say is wow! This emulator was the first thing I used when I finally got my pandora and I must say it is near perfect. I used to used pcsx for the wiz which was good considering the console it was on, but as soon as I booted this up to see soul reaver running full speed I was in awe. I mean, I already known it would be full speed but actually seeing and HEARING it blew me away. Thank you. Thank you.

Works really great.

What ist with Games with more than one CD?

Can I play CD1 to end and then easy select CD2?

Yes, you can. When you've played to the end of disc one, and the game says "please insert disc two" or whatever, just go to the menu, chose "extras" (not "load new iso") and pick "swap disc" or whatever the option is called.

Notaz, can i just say how much I'm looking forward to your and Exophase's double size rendering release.

No pressure.... ;)

Wow cool! looking forward to this! Tomb Raider really is impressive! SO much better than before!

May I ask a favour if you get time at all Notaz, I would love to play Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom on the Pandora. the PSX versions are by far better than any other IMO, the CD music really gives the game a eerie vibe and the gritty graphics just never was as good on any other platform. Is there any way you can have a look to see why it's freezing on the first loading screen?

This would not go unappreciated at all, Thanks for your work on Skull Monkeys last time :) I have well and truly burned that game now haha.

May I ask a favour if you get time at all Notaz, I would love to play Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom on the Pandora. the PSX versions are by far better than any other IMO, the CD music really gives the game a eerie vibe and the gritty graphics just never was as good on any other platform. Is there any way you can have a look to see why it's freezing on the first loading screen?
Have you tried them on r15?

I would love to play Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom on the Pandora. the PSX versions are by far better than any other IMO, the CD music really gives the game a eerie vibe and the gritty graphics just never was as good on any other platform. Is there any way you can have a look to see why it's freezing on the first loading screen?

Personally I've always considered those versions as inferior. Sure they had improved sounds, but doesn't excuse why they needed to simplify the level design and some of the larger levels were completely removed.

I would love to play Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom on the Pandora. the PSX versions are by far better than any other IMO, the CD music really gives the game a eerie vibe and the gritty graphics just never was as good on any other platform. Is there any way you can have a look to see why it's freezing on the first loading screen?

Personally I've always considered those versions as inferior. Sure they had improved sounds, but doesn't excuse why they needed to simplify the level design and some of the larger levels were completely removed.

Totally agree. Consoles versions of FPS usually suck, anyway.

Have you tried them on r15?

I think so. Will try again tonight to be sure.

Maybe it's because that's the way I grew up with that particular game. I have played the PC version and is great especially on deathmatch , the Simpsons mod was pretty cool for the PC too lol. I didn't know some levels were cut down and taken out though, but for single player I just preferred the Playstation version. The music was pretty epic.

Hey Notaz, last time you said you overlooked Night Raid. It was some issue with dynarec I think.

I simply want to remember you not to overlook it again :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... Don't suppose anyone here would be able so shed light on this?

r15 is leaps and bounds beyond the version I was running back in February! I've only run across one issue now, and that's running the US ISO of Tomba!... The game runs at a great clip, but there is an issue with the sound; in tune with the background music's percussion is a strange click/tick that doesn't occur natively... And it doesn't seem to be affected by clock speed or BIOS...

That said, very well done on ReARMed, it's shaping up to be one of the finest emulators for the system :D

Ditto what the others have said, great job and thank you notaz and Exo :) if anyone else was involved thanks to you too!

Regarding sound issues, I also get distorted sound in Diablo NTSC version. The music isn't very clear and sound effects sound distorted.

People are highly anticipating the new release. It will probably make a huge difference for action titles. Still some selfish people want notaz to care for their little, nerdy kind of rpg thingy. :p

Just thought id support this thread/ emulator.

Its come on so much since I last used my pandora (RMA purple tint since about march)

if I take the frame limiter off I get about 140fps in crash banicoot which is just crazy, of course its far to fast but it just shows how good this emulator is.

Plugged in my usb gamepad and sat playing thps2 last night amazing thanks alot again

I don't know if I'm going to do compatibility fixes for next release but we'll see.

It isn't that important for me.

It was more ment to be like: If you make fixes perhaps you could fix this one.

The high res update is more important :) .

Cool! All the DOOM titles are now working! Thanks a million, I never tried it with R15 for some reason. I Lost lots of sleep last night :) Thank you very much! Roll on for the High Res version!

Has anyone tried Fade 2 Black? I had this one down as working.. It loads to the main screen, then start a new game, starts loading and then goes back to the main menu.

I will try another rip and play with compatibility tonight and report back.

Has anyone tried Fade 2 Black? I had this one down as working.. It loads to the main screen, then start a new game, starts loading and then goes back to the main menu.

I'm able to start the game fine, perhaps it's your rip? I ripped it off my own CD in bin/cue format..

I am having an issue with 'Spyro the Dragon 1'. First world has been working fine.. I am on the 2nd home world now.. 'Peace Keepers'. but every time I go into a realm.. the game slows down and then just hangs and wont progess.

'

Back