Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I would attach the savestate to this message, but the board tells me "you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file". I might try again when I come home and have a more stable internet connection.

It says I'm using the scph1001.bin BIOS.

I will update the OS when I get my Pandora fixed (slow wifi), just haven't had time...

Ok, I updated my OS to the latest version. Still the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I redownloaded the BIOS just in case it was causing the problem, but no change.

Ok, here are 2 savestates attached. The first from just before the problem happens, the second after they get stuck.

sstates.zip

Attachments

• sstates.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 191
compressed disk images always run better in my experience, i use compressed EBOOTs (saves a lot of SD card space) and i've never had any issues when playing Grandia. I'd suggest you try compressing your disk image(s).

compressed disk images always run better in my experience, i use compressed EBOOTs (saves a lot of SD card space) and i've never had any issues when playing Grandia. I'd suggest you try compressing your disk image(s).
hello  :rolleyes:

Grandia as one eboot file how to swap disk?

I just had what I can only describe as a wacky idea.

The Pandora doesn't have a vibration motor.  While that's probably for the best, there are some games where vibration is helpful or maybe just cool.

First, a mildly sane idea: how about adding a visual cue indicating when the vibration motors are on?  Just a little blue bar along the bottom of the screen or something.

Now the wacky idea: shake the screen when the vibration motors are on.  The screen would shake more violently when the vibration was stronger.  Probably the degree of shake should be adjustable, in case there are games that overuse it.

Any good?

^

I always like options but the first thing I do with all my systems is to turn of the controller vibration.

There's nothing as useless and disturbing as a shaking controller.

hello  :rolleyes:

Grandia as one eboot file how to swap disk?
one eboot for each disk then just swap disk normally

MutliDisks eboots work? O_O Sweet!

Anyhow I came on here to mention that the GLES plugin is actually usable thanks to newer SGX drivers (At least on my GHz)

True there's not much point since Exo's Hi-Res SW plugin is awesome, but someone with enough time and curiosity might want to investigate if using the GPU instead of SW rendering uses less power...

Yes I just got a spark of curiosity and it performs reasonably. :)

Hello!

Fresh Pandora user here. Love this emulator, it's fantastic - plays everything I throw at it in full speed without glitches, yay.

Anyway, I have a small feature request - exactly-2x-scaling-if-it-fits-otherwise-no-scaling, would be perfect. :)

I thought he was referring to hi-res mode of the GPU accelerated plugin as I didn't see anything labeled like that anywhere with the regular one. Anyway, I looked for it a bit and found it in plugin options as "Enhanced resolution (slow)", so it's not a scaler per se. But yes, it does what I want. Weirdly, not for MDECs, where it always switches to 1x for the duration of the video and goes back to 2x afterwards. And fast-forwarding makes it blink between 1x and 2x really fast, but that's a minor thing.

Ok, so, my humble request is now: "please make Enhanced resolution enhance MDECs". :D

I thought he was referring to hi-res mode of the GPU accelerated plugin as I didn't see anything labeled like that anywhere with the regular one. Anyway, I looked for it a bit and found it in plugin options as "Enhanced resolution (slow)", so it's not a scaler per se. But yes, it does what I want. Weirdly, not for MDECs, where it always switches to 1x for the duration of the video and goes back to 2x afterwards. And fast-forwarding makes it blink between 1x and 2x really fast, but that's a minor thing.

Ok, so, my humble request is now: "please make Enhanced resolution enhance MDECs". :D
You seem to be misunderstanding something. 

Everything you see running on screen for the PS1 emulation IS running athigher resolution than the original ps1. The ps1 resolution was like 320 times 200 while it had different modes too. What the Pandora does is that it scales up all rendered images to fit the Pandora screen which is 800 times 480. The High resolution mode you refer to can only work for 3d scenes where scaling is not used and instead the Pandora tried to render the said 3d scenes at native Pandora resolution i.e 800 times 480. 

For 2d scenes you cannot extrapolate them at a higher resolution, (because its bitmap 2d art), except for what a scaler does.

So I dont really know what you expect. 

Now I'm lost, because we seem to be talking about two completely different concepts. I do understand what the difference between hi-res mode for 3D (in layman terms - less jaggies, possibly filters or fancy shaders) and 2D is (stretching, possibly linear filtering and/or scalers like eagle2x), and I am and was talking about the second one only.

Now, let's forget about "Enhanced resolution" switch from the built-in GPU plugin settings for the time being. [Display] menu has five options:

"Scaler", which governs how the image is stretched: 1x1, 4:3, 4:3 with integer scaling and custom. Note that it's not what in the 2D emulation world is called "scalers", these are called "Software Filter" here, which may be one cause of misunderstanding.

"Hardware Filter" - linear filtering.

"Software Filter" - fancy 2D scalers (sic), Scale2x and Eagle2x.

"Gamma" - gamma. ;)

"Custom..." - custom absolute stretching.

What I want, is a "Scaler" option 2x2 which doubles the pixels for resolutions which can be doubled while remaining at 1x1 for native hi-res (which wouldn't fit on the screen if it were doubled). 4:3 and 4:3 integer scaling unfortunately deform pixels, because the original resolutions are not 4:3 and you definitely cannot change aspect ratio for a 2D image without some kind of visual losses. Enabling linear filtering makes up for it, but I don't want linear filtering in my nice sprite-based games. :)

I can make it work already with custom stretching, but it doesn't work relatively, I can only set a target resolution, not how to multiply the pixels. For example, if a game has screens in 256x240 and I set it to 512x480 - I get what I want, but then the game switches to 320x240 and that resolution is also stretched to 512x480, which is not pixel perfect anymore.

Ok, now, let's get back to the "Enhanced resolution" option in the built-in GPU settings: it does what I want - if the game is in 256x240, it's automatically doubled to 512x480 without losses. When the game switches to 320x240 - it switches to 640x480. When it's in native hi-res - it does nothing. However, for some weird reason, it doesn't work when an MDEC video is playing, it remains at 320x240 then.

Phew, that's about it. I hope I explained it this time. :)

Back