Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by notaz, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Asmo

Asmo Advanced Member

Yes, all correct, audio fine (it is .cue/.bin). Have played beyond that point previously on PC emulator too, with the same image.
    Rip is from my own original.

It's identical to a problem I had with TR1 previously in a much older release of Pcsx, at a certain point in the game any access to the inventory caused it to hang. It was a long time ago, probably on the older pcsx thread - the problem was fixed by the following release ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  2. Rivaan

Rivaan Member

This emulator is so good! I just got my Pandora yesterday and have only tried 3 games, Dino Crisis, Bloody Roar II and Chrono Cross, but they all work! :D

Quick question, though. While the other two games run perfectly, in Chrono Cross, some of the models in the FMVs, when against a bright background, appear to have artifacts around them. I'm not sure if this is due to the scaling or something. Is there a particular setting that would remove that? Many thanks for any help with this. :)

3. PokeParadox

PokeParadox Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder Staff Member

Quick question  - Does Theme Park support the Playstation mouse and if it does - would it be possible to support the PS Mouse? :)

4. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

btw theme paek works perfectly on dosbox.

PokeParadox likes this.
  5. PokeParadox

PokeParadox Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder Staff Member

Aha - Thanks for the tip :)

6. Hồng Thất Công

Hồng Thất Công Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp

ePSXe on Android emulates Driver 1 and Internal Section perfectly.  I know PCSX-ReArmed has issues emulating these games.  How can that be?  Please don't throw a shoe at me but is ePSXe team better than PCSX-ReArmed team?  Can that part of the ePSXe code get incorporated into PCSX-ReArmed?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  7. aidenn

aidenn Still Fresh

ePSXe is closed source and there is no way to copy their solution unless its devs agree to share it. Also, PCSX-ReARMed, while being sub-optimal in a few areas, is better than ePSXe in many other ways and comparing their overall "betterness" on basis of one or two games is meaningless, not to mention kind of insulting.

Lastly, PCSX-ReARMed is composed of code from many different forks of PCSX, so unless the games were broken by the NEON GPU plugin or the porting process, this type of question should be directed to authors of the original code.

8. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Just wanted to post I encountered a crash in front mission 3 yesterday. I saved tge pndout file but im not sure it helps. I was not able to reproduce it.

9. Hồng Thất Công

Please don't take it the wrong way.  I have no intention to mean so :)

10. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Another issue in Front Mission 3: the game freezing completely during a fight. The emulator did not crash nor freeze however, and I could still go back to the menu, but the game remained frozen for good... 

It seems that PCSX ReARMed does not like this game :p  

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. 

11. Hồng Thất Công

Man!  I'm having all sort of problems with Driver 1.  This game messes up the TV out too!  I  I have to restart the Pandora to fix it.  What a weird game!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
  12. Wally

Wally I am a banana! Staff Member

I've just tried to use PCSX Rearmed with an ExFat Formatted SD card and i'm not seeing anything other than the mount point of the SD card.

Any ideas?

13. larry

larry Member

notaz, you interested in a minor, minor!, but repeatable graphics glitch?

In Spyro 3, when you rescue an egg underwater, the hatched baby dragon is drawn floating inside a white bubble (of air).  When the baby dragon disappears, half of the bubble goes black.

I have a savegame that demonstrates this.

14. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

I don't have time to work on PCSX right now, but you can leave the save somewhere (like attachment here) for later.

15. larry

larry Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  16. larry

larry Member

Also, are you interested in corrupted save files?  I have a save file for Frogger 2 that doesn't display a screenshot, and if I attempt to load it pcsx-rearmed crashes.  I guarantee it was created several versions ago.

(Probably not interesting, but I thought I'd offer.)

17. Klumpen

Klumpen Run away! Run away!

Hey, nice to read from you again.

I hope the Starcraft treat has earned you some reputation and you're making a bit of money with your skills by now.

What are you working on atm?

18. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

haha ! Notaz did not need the Starcraft reputation to make money. When you are as talented as him on low-level programming there's more jobs than you can take.  

19. Sebosan

Sebosan Still Fresh

Hi y´all. First of all, i just love PCSX Rearmed. Everything runs smooth, even the gamepads i tried so far are all doing well. But there is one issue i just can´t seem to figure out... The menu gives me almost every option imaginable in terms of binding buttons to functions but how the hell can i controll the menu itself with a connected gamepads?! I can navigate with the analog stick and i managed to bind a button so that i can enter the menu when i´m ingame. But i tried everything to assign the "x" and "B" buttons of the pandora to buttons on the gamepad but to no avail.

It´s kinda stupid having to lay the gamepad aside and grab the pandora every single time i want to ajust something in the menu when everything else can be controlled via the gamepad...

Am i missing something obvious here or how are you people using the Pandora as a console with the TV out cable and wireless gamepads handle that? 

20. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

IIRC the menu controls are currently hardcoded to gamead buttons 1 2 and maybe 3, doesn't that work?