Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

The point is to put a Beta tag. That is, to make the user aware that this might not be up to the highest finished software standards.

Hello,

is there a way to stretch game image to full screen or almost to full screen without changing proportions (cutting image at top and bottom a little)?

Maybe I am the only one, but I like to use "fast forward" in turn based jrpgs like Grandia and Final Fantasy after a while, especcially at a later point in the game where you only need one action to defeat the weak enemys which you have to fight while travelling.

In HiRes-mode, fast forward gives me a weird picture, is there a chance that it gets fixed?

PS: I already donated 10E for notaz"s holidays, but maybe I can gather a bit more later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello notaz/exophase,

Will there any chance filters (things like scanlines, CRT, etc) be implemented on PCSX-ReArmed?  

Thanks,

Shenmue

Grandia freezes as soon as I complete the very first section of the game (finding "The Spirit Sword", and trying to walk across the bridge into the southern part of the city). A cut scene follows in which the characters run through the city as the camera follows them, but they get stuck on the side of a lighthouse and the camera moves on without them.  When the cutscene stops, the characters are running in place, and I can't move them.

I'm just wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting Grandia to work past the first section of the game (before any battles happen or anything). Maybe it's because I have an older version of the SuperZaxxon firmware at the moment?

I finished Grandia a few days ago and had no problems, why don't you update the OS?

Menu > System > Upgrade Pandora OS

I finished Grandia a few days ago and had no problems, why don't you update the OS?

Menu > System > Upgrade Pandora OS
which gpu drivers you used?
I changed them while playing through, the first part was played with the original drivers on a Classic Pandora and about the second half with v4.03 on a Ghz-Pandy.

This game took me 50h, so a lot happened in the meantime.

Grandia freezes as soon as I complete the very first section of the game (finding "The Spirit Sword", and trying to walk across the bridge into the southern part of the city). A cut scene follows in which the characters run through the city as the camera follows them, but they get stuck on the side of a lighthouse and the camera moves on without them.  When the cutscene stops, the characters are running in place, and I can't move them.

I'm just wondering if anyone has succeeded in getting Grandia to work past the first section of the game (before any battles happen or anything). Maybe it's because I have an older version of the SuperZaxxon firmware at the moment?
I have, about 3-4 months ago or something I've never fiddled with graphics drivers or anything like that, but I've tried to keep up with the updates to the OS. 

Rebirth Pandora.

PCSX ReARMed doesn't use the GPU, so the driver selection has no effect.

Grandia freezes as soon as I complete the very first section of the game
It's more likely BIOS issue, you probably used the HLE (fake) BIOS and that is not fully implemented and causes issues. Entering emulator menu during gameplay should show what BIOS you use.

Back