Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

.cbn, .z, .bz should work, some of them don't retain full data and break compatibility though.

Sorry to derail a little, but my google-fu is failing me, what software creates the .cbn format? And does this format support CDDA? Do any of the compressed formats?

Last edited by a moderator:
.cbn is basically the same as PSP's ciso, just larger sectors; It's also called cbin and widely used on dingoo, so "dingoo cbin" search should give some results.

As for cdda compression, properly created eboot should do, as well as .cue/.bin converted to .cbn should work if there is single .cbn, and .cue is edited appropriately to point to .cbn instead of .bin.

Is there an "all in one" file format for these games? I'm finding that the file listing in PCSX-ReArmed is getting very cluttered with many filenames repeated but with different file extensions (cue, bin, iso, sub etc).

D.

Is there an "all in one" file format for these games? I'm finding that the file listing in PCSX-ReArmed is getting very cluttered with many filenames repeated but with different file extensions (cue, bin, iso, sub etc).

D.
I use PsGUI300beta to convert rips to .pbp files (eboot) and so far all have worked fine. As far as I am aware these retain the CD audio and reduce the size of the original file.

The beauty of the conversions is that they are all named correctly from the info in the file. e.g. Crash Bandicoot [PAL-E]

Or you could just keep matching Cue/Bin files together in appropriately named separate directories, works for me ;)

Or you could just keep matching Cue/Bin files together in appropriately named separate directories, works for me ;)

<sigh>

How on earth would that fix anything?

All that would happen would be that I'd still get multiple repeated filenames, only now they'd be scattered all over several directories. So no, that's not a solution.

D.

@ZXDunny - I think he means having all the bin/cue etc files for a game in a single directory for that game, rather than a directory for cue, directory for bin etc. Though I'm guessing this what you have already!

@ZXDunny - I think he means having all the bin/cue etc files for a game in a single directory for that game, rather than a directory for cue, directory for bin etc. Though I'm guessing this what you have already!

indeed, I have resorted to a single directory per game... which means that the file requester shows sometimes three files in each dir. So as I said, his solution... isn't.

D.

D.
I use PsGUI300beta to convert rips to .pbp files (eboot) and so far all have worked fine. As far as I am aware these retain the CD audio and reduce the size of the original file.

The beauty of the conversions is that they are all named correctly from the info in the file. e.g. Crash Bandicoot [PAL-E]

I agree, .PBP format seems the best choice for PCSXRearmed if you want to save space on the SD card. I'm using PSX2PSP v.1.4.2 and the result is great, even better than .CBN files.

Some examples:

Castlevania Chronicles: 503 MB (BIN) / 402 MB (CBN9) / 389 MB (PBP Compression Level 9)

Rapid Reload: 379 MB (BIN) / 201 MB (CBN9) / 191 MB (PBP Compression Level 9)

R-Type Delta: 324 MB (BIN) / 257 MB (CBN9) / 228 MB (PBP Compression Level 9)

PBP format is also very good for multidisc games, in fact it is possible convert them in a single eboot file.

Thats how all my games are, i rename eboot.pbp to nameofgame.pbp and it retains all audio and subchannel data. Every game i tried works flawlessly and is single file

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2

indeed, I have resorted to a single directory per game... which means that the file requester shows sometimes three files in each dir. So as I said, his solution... isn't.

D.

Yes, I did mean 1 game = 1 directory containing all necessary files ;)

To be fair, the way you phrased the original question gave the impression you had all your files floating about in one hellish dumping ground. 'Cluttered' isn't how I would describe two or three files in one directory, hence arriving at the previously reached conclusion. Mea Culpa.

Having them in individual directories obviously just means the first layer of listings PcsxRearmed produces while browsing the games folder tidily has only one instance of each name, and where a game has multiple components they are at least together in context, not scattered across several directories.

I think with cue/bin it doesn't even matter which you launch, but I may have dreamt that.

(sigh optional)

Wasn't there plans to release this on android so that the author could get some cash for his efforts?

If it has please let me know the name so that I can download it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

PBP format is also very good for multidisc games, in fact it is possible convert them in a single eboot file.

Probably something I'm doing wrong but whenever I convert any of the final fantasy series into a single eboot file I get lots of issues of the games freezing up when I get to the battle sequences and I get lots of plan black screens when I leave or enter a new area. So I just stick to single disk PBP files, seem to be so much more reliable(for me anyway)

ok r15 is on the repo

This release mostly focuses on bugfixes and compatibility improvements (there is not much left to be done for performance, and what is left would be lots of work for little improvement). Here is the changelog:

* various compatibility fixes

* attempts to fix various SPU issues

* Exophase fixed blending issue in his NEON GPU

* fixed some potential crashes

* gpu_unai: merged range fix from Franxis

+ added cheat support

+ menu: pressing a key in file list now seeks to a file

There is now cheat support, but I'm not sure I've got that right, because most cheats I tried break the games in various ways. But maybe they are supposed to be like that, dunno. Here are instructions, quoted from readme (because noone reads readmes these days..):

PCSX and cwcheat cheat formats are supported. PCSX .cht file can be loaded from "extra stuff" menu after game is loaded, while cwcheat cheats are automatically loaded from cheatpops.db file, if one is present in emulator's directory and has any cheats for the loaded game in it.

If any of those files are successfully loaded, 'cheats' option will appear in the main menu where it is possible to enable/disable individual cheats.

As for compatibility, I think I've fixed most of the reported games (like Grandia, Doom series, Ridge Racer Revolutions), but from my experience, something will probably break.

Let's hope more things work then break, and everyone can enjoy the release.

Wasn't there plans to release this on android so that the author could get some cash for his efforts?
That would be difficult to do in a fair way, there have been lots of people involved in PCSX, it's about 10 years old after all and was the only open PSX emulator for a long time.

anyone got parasite eve 2 working ? because i tried every single setting + rom / bios and still doesnt work (crash at square logo) ?

Great, Vanark Astro Trooper now runs for me.

Night Raid still needs to disable Dynarec to see enemys but it's verry slow then and has bad sound.

Final Fantasy 8 and 9 still don't work properly with gpu_gles plugin.

Back