Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Have you included the .cue file? You'll need this to hear the audio tracks.

I only include the main iso file, I dont see any .cue file, although most games include .sub or .cdd, not sure if I have to include these, but other games have music only with the main iso, I am novice with emulators so would really apreciate to know if I am doing it right or if its just an imperfection of the emulator.

Thanks.

I only include the main iso file, I dont see any .cue file, although most games include .sub or .cdd, not sure if I have to include these, but other games have music only with the main iso, I am novice with emulators so would really apreciate to know if I am doing it right or if its just an imperfection of the emulator.

Thanks.

You are right, ive copied the files that come with the iso and now the audio is working, I still have to try all the games but it seems that the problem was me. :lol: :lol:

Awesome, great work! Gran Tursimo runs great!

Need for Speed II does not run at all anymore.

Need For Speed II (PAL/Bin+Cue) still works fine for me, but NFS 4 has a habit of crashing mid-race now.

Colin Mc Crea 2 (PAL/Bin+Cue) doesn't start anymore for me in R12, I've tried each GPU option briefly with no luck. GranTurismo 2 (NTSC-US/Bin+Cue) Arcade Disc also crashes after race start, I haven't fully tried tweaking every option yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that its better to use NTSC or Japanese isos, pal games are so slow, yesturday I tried the pal version of Rayman 1 and I couldnt believe how slow it was, it was like playing in slow motion, one of the slowest pal versions I have ever tried, and that was how I played it back in the days :( , so glad I can now play the games at full speed. :lol:

Has someone got experience with the packed eboot-images that are described in this thread. Recommended or not? On the one hand compression is a nice feature when working with SD-cards, but on the other hand i wouldn't want to have issues with performance (speed, no music with games that use CDDA, i.e. music directly played from CD).

Lomaxx... they aren't really an issue for performance. And CD Audio problems, just rip to bin and cue for those. Also I have got Tomb Raider games in eboots and they have working CD-Audio too... so *shrugs*

Has someone got experience with the packed eboot-images that are described in this thread. Recommended or not? On the one hand compression is a nice feature when working with SD-cards, but on the other hand i wouldn't want to have issues with performance (speed, no music with games that use CDDA, i.e. music directly played from CD).
Personally, I have not had any issues. A few months ago, I converted all of my Iso/Bin,ect. over to eboots, and maybe 1 game out of 60-70 had an issue. Speed, sounds, and graphics all appear to be the exact same. No differance. Now, I havn't played all of these from begining to end, so some issues may arrise later in game, but for now the eboot was a great choice for freeing up a ton of space on my sd card. No complaints from me, just praise.

Chris

I had issues with multi-disc eboots but single disc ones are fine. That said I've converted my bins to cbins rather than eboots and they also work fine. Audio tracks play as long as the cue file is present.

Dead or alive-after character select screen,it shows black screen

Klonoa-Once you start the game it shows black screen
You are not using proper BIOS.

Must be unzipped and in pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/bios/
I have done all that and have bios scph1001.bin put into bios folder,when i go to options>bios/plugins there simulated HLE bios and i can't scroll to my installed bios,why is this happening.

Wow, huge thanks to notaz and Exophase! Can't wait to try this out this evening. :) PS1 emulation was a big draw for for the Pandora in the first place, but many of the games I wanted to play ran too slowly. Judging from all the responses here, my Pandora is about to get a lot more use. :D

Thanks.

You are right, ive copied the files that come with the iso and now the audio is working, I still have to try all the games but it seems that the problem was me. :lol: :lol:

i have wipeout xl bin/cue format but the music does not want to play, it plays fine with pcsx reloaded r8.

cheers

This is great. Just been playing Wip3out, great fun. Good work guys!

Is there really a difference in PAL/NTSC? All my games are PAL I think, since they are copied from discs for a PAL ps1.

This is great. Just been playing Wip3out, great fun. Good work guys!

Is there really a difference in PAL/NTSC? All my games are PAL I think, since they are copied from discs for a PAL ps1.
Yes... most games were coded primarily with NTSC regions in mind and then later converted to PAL... unfortunately a lot of games only had the lazy conversions of running at 50fps instead of 60fps or 25 instead of 30, etc. So these lazy conversions will feel like slow motion if you have ever played the game at it's intended speed.

Tested suikoden2 and final fantasy VII where there was that "fog" effect during summons or magic that made astonishing slowdowns, in this version said slowdown doesn't appear. At least in the mentioned games.

By the way now I have some graphic glitches in Blood Omen, using other plugins than builtin, glitches don't appear. How can I send a savestate? because It's only visible in large characters that only appear in advanced levels.

Thanks for the feedback about my eboot-question.

Edit: hm, how can i convert bin/cue-images to cbin-images on linux? I will try to find the answer myself meanwhile.

Edit2: I managed to get a working cbn-image (cbin-image) from a linux-machine, by converting my bin/cue-image with "bin2iso" and then running the "cbin.linux"-binary that is provided in the packages at https://github.com/u...ingoo/downloads. Did it with a CrashhBandicoot which reduced it's size from 183590064 (+74 for the cue-file) to 126370124, but Crash is probably an easy candidate. To be honest i doubt that such a conversion will work with many other games.

Edit3: By now i noticed that the the version i used does not save games no matter if I use the bin/cue-image or the packed cbn-image. I build myself a different iso from a ccd/img/sub-image, which works, but when i compress that, then pcsx says that it's an unsupported format.

Yes... most games were coded primarily with NTSC regions in mind and then later converted to PAL... unfortunately a lot of games only had the lazy conversions of running at 50fps instead of 60fps or 25 instead of 30, etc. So these lazy conversions will feel like slow motion if you have ever played the game at it's intended speed.

Fortunately the PAL versions don't suffer the vertical compression under this emulation, so the visual difference (ye olde borders top and bottom) is gone, but does forcing it to be NTSC region solve the 50/60hz speed difference (which varied, some PAL games cranked up the framerate as a cheaty way of performance equality)? A real stinker was the PAL version of Ridge Racer, notably slower - but selecting Region in PCSX as NTSC may be helping. I can't be sure, since the geometry on the Pandora screen is fine (compared to the original PAL console) - I think I'd need to see it on TV-out to be sure!

I know running NTSC games on an actual PAL console produced 60hz output (and vice versa?), I just wonder if PCSX forces 50/60hz or runs according to the game's default.

Back