Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

PayPal is my e-mail address, which is exophase w/gmail.

Notaz and I are working out some bugs.. some are related to problems with caching and buffering. I fixed Xenogears missing sprite pieces, maybe this will fix some of these other problems. The ones with corruption or missing graphics have some chance of being related.

I have done all that and have bios scph1001.bin put into bios folder,when i go to options>bios/plugins there simulated HLE bios and i can't scroll to my installed bios,why is this happening.
Since nobody else is reporting this, you are probably doing something wrong. What size is your scph1001.bin?

By the way now I have some graphic glitches in Blood Omen, using other plugins than builtin, glitches don't appear. How can I send a savestate? because It's only visible in large characters that only appear in advanced levels.
Any file upload site should be fine for this.

I know running NTSC games on an actual PAL console produced 60hz output (and vice versa?), I just wonder if PCSX forces 50/60hz or runs according to the game's default.
It detects the game region based on it's serial and emulates appropriate console, you can also override this in options menu to force PAL game to run at 60Hz or vice versa.
My bios file is 512.0 kb.

Silly question but... You are pressing left or right on the dpad? When I saw "scroll" I get the impression you're pressing up and down :)

What the what! Rival Schools is fulll speed now @ 600. That is pretty fricking impressive.

Thank you to Notaz and Exophase! All your hard work makes us happy!

Had time to really test the emulator yesterday, and I'm impressed to say the least. Everything seems to fly, and the display is very clean. All the games I tested (mostly RPGs) seemed to run 60 FPS @500 MHz. Really amazing!!

Congratulations guys on such a great achievement. Do you think that a full speed openGL ES display driver is possible on the Pandora ? I really love the results that you can get on PC with games like Crash Bandicoot for example, where the visual improvements are really noticeable.

Thank you!

Had time to really test the emulator yesterday, and I'm impressed to say the least. Everything seems to fly, and the display is very clean. All the games I tested (mostly RPGs) seemed to run 60 FPS @500 MHz. Really amazing!!

Congratulations guys on such a great achievement. Do you think that a full speed openGL ES display driver is possible on the Pandora ? I really love the results that you can get on PC with games like Crash Bandicoot for example, where the visual improvements are really noticeable.

Thank you!
+1 I dont care much for pixel perfect. And the result in high reso rendering is quite visible on games like Legend of Dragoon.

I have a question, sometimes I download a game but it has this double extension for example Tekken3.bin.ecm and it doesnt work with the pandora psx emulator, so I would like to know if there is a way to make this files work.

Thanks.

Un-ecm them. ;) There is even a Linux-tool for it. I currently can't remember where i got mine from, but I'm quite sure that you will find a binary for your platform quite fast when you search the net for it.

I've "acquired" a few roms that have been in ECM format, but the same site will usually have the unecm tool there to download too, just have a nose around I suppose!! ;)

(null)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray! After an odyssey on the harsh oceans of bits and bytes, after fighting myself through rar, 7z, ape, bin, ecm, cue, toc, wav-fileformat-dungeons, after nearly ripping the soul out of my original TombRaider-CD and after waiting more than two dozen times for the USB-caravan to carry my data-packages to the Pandora, I finally am able to enjoy the German version of TombRaider1 with my beloved voice-actress Marion von Stengel in pcsx-rearmed! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

I already tried to rip my CD several months ago, but failed to make it run on the PCSX-version I have got installed on my PC. Then I gave it another try yesterday with various versions and the fabulous pcsx-rearmed. Several English versions haven't been a problem, but the German PAL-version didn't cooperate. After hours I managed to get it going with a version consisting of a bin- and cue-file and 56 wav-files. But i disliked the fact that i have to keep so many files in the directory for one game. So I tried to bake an ISO or PBP out of it. Without success. After that I gave ripping another chance, inserted my CD into my DVD-writer, which supports subchannel-reading and ran:

Code:
cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --read-subchan rw_raw --datafile TombRaider_GER_SLES-00486.bin --device /dev/sr0 --driver generic-mmc-raw TombRaider_GER__SLES-00486.toc

On my pcsx-emulator on my x86-PC this still didn't ran, but on the Pandora with pcsx-rearmed it did! So now I am left with only two files that work. I also tried to convert the toc to a cue-file and create a pbp, but that didn't work. Well, anyway ... I'm happy for now.

Does anyone know if there is a better version of a playstation-emulator for an x86-pc with an (oudated) OpenGL-card than "PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.92"? Would be nice to be able to test games on my PC whether they work BEFORE transferring them. As I know by know there are images that work with PCSX-Rearmed, but that do not work with my version of PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.92.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've "acquired" a few roms that have been in ECM format, but the same site will usually have the unecm tool there to download too, just have a nose around I suppose!! ;)

(null)

Thanks guys, I will try to find it.

Back