Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I have done all that and have bios scph1001.bin put into bios folder,when i go to options>bios/plugins there simulated HLE bios and i can't scroll to my installed bios,why is this happening.
Since nobody else is reporting this, you are probably doing something wrong. What size is your scph1001.bin?

By the way now I have some graphic glitches in Blood Omen, using other plugins than builtin, glitches don't appear. How can I send a savestate? because It's only visible in large characters that only appear in advanced levels.
Any file upload site should be fine for this.

I know running NTSC games on an actual PAL console produced 60hz output (and vice versa?), I just wonder if PCSX forces 50/60hz or runs according to the game's default.
It detects the game region based on it's serial and emulates appropriate console, you can also override this in options menu to force PAL game to run at 60Hz or vice versa.

Have you included the .cue file? You'll need this to hear the audio tracks.
I only include the main iso file, I dont see any .cue file, although most games include .sub or .cdd, not sure if I have to include these, but other games have music only with the main iso, I am novice with emulators so would really apreciate to know if I am doing it right or if its just an imperfection of the emulator. Thanks.
You are right, ive copied the files that come with the iso and now the audio is working, I still have to try all the games but it seems that the problem was me. :lol: :lol:
i have wipeout xl bin/cue format but the music does not want to play, it plays fine with pcsx reloaded r8. cheers

My Wipeout XL game comes with these 3 files:

.ccd

.img

.sub

In this case there is no .cue file, I dont understand how each game uses diferent files, some have cue, other dont, and some work perfect only with the .bin file, I also dont know if.bin and .img are the same, it would be great to know how this works and what each extension means.

The first sound problems that I reported were because I was only using the .bin file, and some games (not all) where missing the music tracks, now that Ive included all the files that came with the game the sound works perfect on all games including Wipeout XL and Wipeout 3. :)

About using compresion for the psx games, it would be great to know how to do it, and also to know how much space can be reduced, ¿how much can you reduce from an original 600MB game?

About NTSC vs Pal, I guess it really depends on each games, although I would recomend to use as much as possible USA or Jap versiones, usually pal versiones where always a bit slower, but in some games the diference is embarrasing, sometimes even hard to believe like in Rayman 1, what a crappy port ubisoft made on the pal consoles.

Notaz, ive experienced some graphical isues with 2 of my psx games, both happen to be 2D, one is Captain Commando where as soon as you start fighting after a couple of minutes your enemies tranform into some kind of blocky pixels, really strange, and on Broken Sword 1 sometimes there is also some strange pixels apearing in the screen during gameplay.

Edit:

I forgot to mention some problems also with Samurai Spirits 4, the botom part of the characters are mising, they apear and disapear every few secconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
persona 2:ep - character names didn't show in battle
I'll need a savestate for this one.

Notaz, ive experienced some graphical isues with 2 of my psx games, both happen to be 2D, one is Captain Commando where as soon as you start fighting after a couple of minutes your enemies tranform into some kind of blocky pixels, really strange, and on Broken Sword 1 sometimes there is also some strange pixels apearing in the screen during gameplay.

Edit:

I forgot to mention some problems also with Samurai Spirits 4, the botom part of the characters are mising, they apear and disapear every few secconds.
Again, need savestates shortly before a problem happens (not after), or a short description how to reproduce if it's not far from the start, since I'm not familiar with these games.

Last edited by a moderator:
About NTSC vs Pal, I guess it really depends on each games, although I would recomend to use as much as possible USA or Jap versiones, usually pal versiones where always a bit slower, but in some games the diference is embarrasing, sometimes even hard to believe like in Rayman 1, what a crappy port ubisoft made on the pal consoles.

Just confirmed above, by manually changing region you can force PAL (50hz) games to run as NTSC (60hz) - eliminating the speed differential for the games where it's too obvious -

It detects the game region based on it's serial and emulates appropriate console, you can also override this in options menu to force PAL game to run at 60Hz or vice versa.

Just confirmed above, by manually changing region you can force PAL (50hz) games to run as NTSC (60hz) - eliminating the speed differential for the games where it's too obvious -

Good to know, although I already downloaded the NTSC version of the Pal games.

persona 2:ep - character names didn't show in battle
I'll need a savestate for this one.

Edit:

Again, need savestates shortly before a problem happens (not after), or a short description how to reproduce if it's not far from the start, since I'm not familiar with these games.

Thanks for the reply, all three games have similar graphic bugs and it happens right away, in Samurai Spirits 4 you see it and the very moment you see the fighters, and in the other two games just by playing 2 or 3 minutes you will also see the graphic problems.

Before I made a mistake, its not Broken Sword 1 but Broken Sword 2 the one that has some glitches.

Thanks for your great work.

Thanks for the reply, all three games have similar graphic bugs and it happens right away, in Samurai Spirits 4 you see it and the very moment you see the fighters, and in the other two games just by playing 2 or 3 minutes you will also see the graphic problems.

Whenever I hear "it happens after a couple of minutes" I start to think it's an overheating problem. notaz mentioned that with r12 you don't want to overclock anymore, as it was pushing the graphics hardware a lot harder than previous versions.

If you underclock does the problem go away?

Whenever I hear "it happens after a couple of minutes" I start to think it's an overheating problem. notaz mentioned that with r12 you don't want to overclock anymore, as it was pushing the graphics hardware a lot harder than previous versions.

If you underclock does the problem go away?

Overclocking is not causing the problem, I have the pandora at the defoult 600Mhz, and all other games work perfect :) , I have around 30 games.

Has anyone tried out Silhouette Mirage yet? I am using the NTSC US version at default(600), and the intro anime plays, but once I try to start it, it seems to lock up. I have tried both bios options, and this doesn't appear help. I'm wondering if my copy is bad, or if I'm not using the proper settings.

It may be a game specific problem, so that is why I'm checking to see if anyone else has gotten this to run properly(so I can report it as a problem if need be). I have tried this as an img file, and eboot with the same results.

Chris

notaz mentioned that with r12 you don't want to overclock anymore, as it was pushing the graphics hardware a lot harder than previous versions.

Sorry but this not quite right, r12 is using a ARM+NEON plugin for graphics as default. The neon hardware is SIMD unit, sort of like MMX/SSE. It is not using the SGX GPU at all.

You are right in the fact that more of the cpu hardware is being used more often so overclocking is going to have lower limit.

Notaz and Exophase please add my thanks and gratitude to the pile. Time I bought you guys a beer.

Thanks for time stampling the savestates (shame about the date format. there's no pleasing everyone :p )

Back