Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

This release is phenomenal! Everything I throw at it runs 60fps at 600mhz. Many thanks to all involved.

Small bug I found:

The powerbar on SOTN (ntsc) is not showing up with builtin_gpu but works with pcsx4all

Perhaps from the same problem exophase mentioned.

Has anyone tried Crash Team Racing ?

Apart from the fact that it's one of the best psx games :p I can't see the entire screen with it. It's like cut, and changing filter (including custom) doesn't eliminate the problem.

The config could be messed up too, I suggest deleting appdata and copying the bios again.
I can see the bios al last,basically the problem was i had pnd installed on desktop,if you do that you won't able to see bios,you can only see it if the pnd is installed to menu folder.

That's really strange notaz you need to look into this,why it's doing that.

Would it be possible to create an option in the emulator that would show weather a bios file is detected?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the release its brilliant I have played FF8 a bit too much this past couple of days :D , it works almost brilliantly.

However I have a small problem at some point, I don't know if it's an emulation issue or a bug in the game ... I have a save state exactly before it freezes and a game save the closets I could get it.

The memory card and save state : http://94.23.225.17/~adraen/FF8-D3.zip

So you have a beautiful video of the Lunar Cry that works perfectly and then right after that a cosmonaut go over you but you cannot move Squall :/ and you have the same animation over and over again.

Cheers !

EDIT: I installed PCSXR on my laptop and was able to go over this part, so a chat dialog should open but doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Capcom vs snk pro and gran turismo 2 were working but with R12 don't anymore,has anyone tried these games out and any help on this.

@Lomaxx, have you tried pSX?

I tried it. Doesn't seem to be an improvement compared to "pcsx reloaded". It only recognizes bin+cue and not bin+toc, doesn't recognize pbp-images and also tried to get TombRaider_PAL_GER with various cue+bin-versions without success (the later two just like with "pcsx reloaded"). But thanks for the link. Maybe it will provided useful in some context.

I must admit: This is semi-offtopic, but here is something I do not understand: With exactly the same bin+toc-image of TombRaider_PAL_GER "pcsx rearmed" and "pcsx reloaded" show different time-outputs for the tracks. Here is a paste of the first few lines:

PCSX-Rearmed:

Code:
Loaded CD Image: /media/trans8/multimedia-data/playstation/TombRaider_GER_SLES-00486.bin[+toc].

Track 01 (DATA) - Start 00:02:00, Length 27:47:11

Track 02 (AUDIO) - Start 27:51:11, Length 03:16:43

Track 03 (AUDIO) - Start 31:07:54, Length 01:03:73

Track 04 (AUDIO) - Start 32:11:52, Length 02:03:39

Track 05 (AUDIO) - Start 34:15:16, Length 02:00:11

PCSX-Reloaded:

Code:
* Loaded CD Image: /mnt/2tbstore1/work/TombRaider_GER_SLES-00486.bin[+toc].

* Track 01 (DATA) - Start 00:02:00, Length 27:47:11

* Track 02 (AUDIO) - Start 27:49:11, Length 03:16:43

* Track 03 (AUDIO) - Start 31:05:54, Length 01:03:73

* Track 04 (AUDIO) - Start 32:09:52, Length 02:03:39

* Track 05 (AUDIO) - Start 34:13:16, Length 02:00:11

So for some reason "Rearmed" interprets the toc different than "Reloaded", which is GOOD since there the image works.

Question to the devs: Was there any change done in the code regarding this? From my point of view it would be awesome if "Reloaded" would interpret it the same way. I also tried to modify the toc manually, but so far in vain. Not sure if someone of you is involved in "Reloaded" as well, but eboot-support would be awesome too. ;)

Capcom vs snk pro and gran turismo 2 were working but with R12 don't anymore,has anyone tried these games out and any help on this.

Ocean I just downloaded Capcom vs Snk Pro and works perfect on my Pandora, Ive read a few of your meseges and you seem to be having too many problems with the psx emulator, maybe you should try to errase the appdata of pcsx rearmed and also de the pnd in apps, errase them both and the install the pnd, with the bios file, its what I would try cause I dont think its normal that you are having so many problems, try it and see if it solves the problem.

Greetings a happy new year. :)

Ocean I just downloaded Capcom vs Snk Pro and works perfect on my Pandora, Ive read a few of your meseges and you seem to be having too many problems with the psx emulator, maybe you should try to errase the appdata of pcsx rearmed and also the pnd in apps, errase them both and the install the pnd with the bios file, its what I would try cause I dont think its normal that you are having so many problems, try it and see if it solves the problem. Greetings a happy new year. :)

Has anyone tried Crash Team Racing ? Apart from the fact that it's one of the best psx games :p I can't see the entire screen with it. It's like cut, and changing filter (including custom) doesn't eliminate the problem.

Just tried it and works perfect full screen, although I have encountered some games that are missing a small part in the upper or bottom part of the screen, also in some rare ocasions some games have loaded the 4:3 screen but its not totally centered, sometimes it goes a litle to the left, it happen very few times, I have to try it more to see if its something that only ocurs with a certain game or if its random, but in general de psx emulator works fantastic.

I can see the bios al last,basically the problem was i had pnd installed on desktop,if you do that you won't able to see bios,you can only see it if the pnd is installed to menu folder.

I have R12 pnd on the desktop, and it works fine - I didn't even delete the old R11 appdata folder either. I'm running HF6a4 from SD, maybe the problem is related to your firmware version?

Capcom vs snk pro and gran turismo 2 were working but with R12 don't anymore,has anyone tried these games out

Gran Turismo 2 (NTSC-US/Bin+Cue) not presently working for me, it crashes when I start a race.

I have R12 pnd on the desktop, and it works fine - I didn't even delete the old R11 appdata folder either. I'm running HF6a4 from SD, maybe the problem is related to your firmware version?

Capcom vs snk pro and gran turismo 2 were working but with R12 don't anymore,has anyone tried these games out

Gran Turismo 2 (NTSC-US/Bin+Cue) not presently working for me, it crashes when I start a race.
I have the same files of gt2,that the same things happen.

I will try neog has said about the problems i have and capcom vs snk pro works.

Please read the thread before you post asking about whether or not a game has problems for anyone else. GT2 problems have been reported several times. It's a bug in the new GPU renderer (which will be fixed in the next release). Use one of the other GPU options instead. You should be trying them as soon as you see any problems to confirm if the problem is with the new GPU code or is due to something else (which I've also requested in this thread).

And if you do confirm a problem and want to help get it fixed you need to actually describe what's happening. If you really want to help provide a savestate before the issue.

The game Ape Escape seems to run fine just need ccontrols for the main character..
This game MUST be played with analog controller: you need to choose that in the controller options I imagine.

So for some reason "Rearmed" interprets the toc different than "Reloaded", which is GOOD since there the image works.

Question to the devs: Was there any change done in the code regarding this? From my point of view it would be awesome if "Reloaded" would interpret it the same way. I also tried to modify the toc manually, but so far in vain. Not sure if someone of you is involved in "Reloaded" as well, but eboot-support would be awesome too. ;)
Yeah, the versions have diverged somewhat and there are various differences. I've sent some code to reloaded but one patch that I consider good was reverted so I'm not sure if they want my changes or not.

Has anyone tried Crash Team Racing ?

Apart from the fact that it's one of the best psx games :p I can't see the entire screen with it. It's like cut, and changing filter (including custom) doesn't eliminate the problem.
Which version is that (PAL/NTSC)? Seems to be good for me:

ctr_pal.png

(note: you can take screenshots by pressing 6, but they are taken before being sent to hardware scaler and may look deformed)

Ocean I just downloaded Capcom vs Snk Pro and works perfect on my Pandora, Ive read a few of your meseges and you seem to be having too many problems with the psx emulator, maybe you should try to errase the appdata of pcsx rearmed and also de the pnd in apps, errase them both and the install the pnd, with the bios file, its what I would try cause I dont think its normal that you are having so many problems, try it and see if it solves the problem.

Greetings a happy new year. :)
i got capcom vs snk pro to work but the sound effects in the game aren't right,they happen after few seconds.

The game Ape Escape seems to run fine just need ccontrols for the main character..
This game MUST be played with analog controller: you need to choose that in the controller options I imagine.

I can't figure it out..anyone got this game to work?
I haven't tried it with r11 yet, but it work fine with r10. You have to set it to dual analog, and then it worked fine. There may be a glitch with the new build though. I'll try and test it out tomorow, and get back to ya.

Chris

Back