Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Just tried Ape Escape and it appears to work like it always has. Actually, it runs smoother now due to r11, but the analog controls still work about the same.

The game runs fine, but the analog controls still function kind of wonky, but I think you can now make some kind of adjustments, but I didn't play with that, I just tested the game out, and it runs just like before.

Chris

Firstly I would like to thank the authors for this software as well. It is amazing!!! It is rude and almost blasphemous not to feel stoked to be able to play my favorite PS1 games in my hands.So again a huge thanks to everyone who had a hand in this!

I also wanted to say this is the first release that I have been able to play GT1. Before as soon as the race started the frame rate would go to like 1 frame per 2 seconds :) it was pretty slow. Now it works!!!!

This was the NTSC version of the game made from with a .bin .cue combination. So right on!!

Although I did notice a small graphical glitch in Castelvania Symphony of the Night. Again a .bin .cue combination made from a NTSC disk. The problem is that Alucards Magic bar in the upper right hand corner always appears empty. (no glowing blue bar) Even if he has magic. By no means is this a huge problem and nothing to really stress about but if an when v13 comes out maybe it is something that can be looked at.

Again, Thanks to everyone for this great program just wanted to kindly bring up a small point.

Happy new year!

Just wanted to confirm that Soulblade PAL(bin/cue) also has that audio skipping bug for me too. Tried messing with lots of sound options but cant fix it, so in the end I turned off XA CD Music

Soul Blade has music but it plays the same 3 seconds over and over again.
Doesn't reproduce, what kind of CD image is that? Maybe the music is ripped or something.

Thanks for the reply Notaz, but I already posted in past meseges that I got it to work properly as soon as I also copied the ccd, sub and cue files, it was my fault cause I thought I only had to copy the image file, but now it works great.

The games that still have problems are Samurai Spirits 4, Captain Commando and Broken Sword 2, all of them with 2D games with graphic isues, on Samurai Spirits 4 you will notice it right away as the carracters are cut of, and the other two games you will notice it in the fist 2 or 3 minutes of gamplay.

You have a MP.

Capcom vs snk pro and gran turismo 2 were working but with R12 don't anymore,has anyone tried these games out and any help on this.

Ocean I just downloaded Capcom vs Snk Pro and works perfect on my Pandora, Ive read a few of your meseges and you seem to be having too many problems with the psx emulator, maybe you should try to errase the appdata of pcsx rearmed and also de the pnd in apps, errase them both and the install the pnd, with the bios file, its what I would try cause I dont think its normal that you are having so many problems, try it and see if it solves the problem.

Greetings a happy new year. :)
i got capcom vs snk pro to work but the sound effects in the game aren't right,they happen after few seconds.

Mine is working perfect.

You have an PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive also experienced a bug in the games Samurai spirits 1 and 2 pack, and Bokan To Ippatsu! where every now and then the controls go nuts and the caracter or ship doesnt respond, just stays still til it gets hit, sometimes it even goes left or right automatically, but it only happens to me in these two games.

Yeah, the versions have diverged somewhat and there are various differences. I've sent some code to reloaded but one patch that I consider good was reverted so I'm not sure if they want my changes or not.

Bummer. I reported the issue at the PCSXR issue-tracker, maybe it catches someones attention and interest.

Small issue: "./pcsx -help" mentions that you can load states 1-5 by using "-state", but you can save and load state 0-9 from the pcsx-menu. This needs still to be implemented i guess. Also when i tried "-state 1", actually state 0 was loaded (+-1 mistake).

Ive also experienced a bug in the games Samurai spirits 1 and 2 pack, and Bokan To Ippatsu! where every now and then the controls go nuts and the caracter or ship doesnt respond, just stays still til it gets hit, sometimes it even goes left or right automatically, but it only happens to me in these two games.
Thanks for the pm.

Don't need to try samurai spirits it's japanese name of the same called samurai shodown.

Just play samurai shodown 1-4 on gngeo,it works perfect.

Thanks for the pm.

Don't need to try samurai spirits it's japanese name of the same called samurai shodown.

Just play samurai shodown 1-4 on gngeo,it works perfect.

I also have the gngeo versions, but in the Ps1 Samurai Shodown you have the cd soundtrack and you can also chose the cpu dificulty, the neo geo arcade is very dificult.

Here is a hint for those who frequently play the same game and want to get more quickly into it by using save-states.

Example: I like to play the shooter "Raiden", which is included with "Raiden II" in "Raiden Project". To skip loading time, intros and the menu where you can choose which of the two versions you want to play, I launched pcsx started the iso and saved the state at the actual title-screen of "Raiden", right before i start a game.

In order to directly load that state I copied the start-script of pcsx and modified one line:

Code:
pnd_run.sh -p /<path_to_pcsx-pnd>/pcsx_rearmed_r12.pnd -b pcsx_rearmed -m

cd /mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed/

cp pcsx.sh pcsx_state1.sh

mousepad pcsx_state1.sh

Here is the modified "pcsx_state1.sh"

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# stupid nub mode thing

nub0mode=`cat /proc/pandora/nub0/mode`

nub1mode=`cat /proc/pandora/nub1/mode`

echo absolute > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode

echo absolute > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

./pcsx -cdfile "$@" -load 1

# restore stuff if pcsx crashes

./picorestore

sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lcdrate.sh 60

echo "$nub0mode" > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode

echo "$nub1mode" > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

Remember to enter the slot-number behind "-load" that you saved to. With the current version of pcsx "slot 0" would be loaded with "-slot 1", but i expect that to change with a soon update. Save the script and exit mousepad. Then leave the pnd-directory, unmount it and make a test-run:

Code:
cd ..

pnd_run.sh -p /<path_to_pcsx-pnd>/pcsx_rearmed_r12.pnd -b pcsx_rearmed -u

pnd_run.sh -p /<path_to_pcsx-pnd>/pcsx_rearmed_r12.pnd -b pcsx_rearmed -e pcsx_state1.sh -a "/media/trans8/multimedia-data/playstation/RaidenProject_SCUS-94402.pbp"

If everything works, then you can use the last line to put it into a .desktop-file or some other launcher or hotkey or ...

The games that still have problems are Samurai Spirits 4, Captain Commando and Broken Sword 2, all of them with 2D games with graphic isues, on Samurai Spirits 4 you will notice it right away as the carracters are cut of, and the other two games you will notice it in the fist 2 or 3 minutes of gamplay. You have a MP.
Samurai Spirits 4 and Broken Sword 2 seem to be ok on my current build with Exophase's fixes, Captain Commando seems to be not GPU related, some general PCSX bug, cdrom emulation perhaps. Since this is not a regression it's real hard to fix, bugs like that need research and usually take long to figure out what's wrong. Same goes for those Pro pinball games..

Small issue: "./pcsx -help" mentions that you can load states 1-5 by using "-state", but you can save and load state 0-9 from the pcsx-menu. This needs still to be implemented i guess. Also when i tried "-state 1", actually state 0 was loaded (+-1 mistake).
Well it's sort of intended, PCSX counts savestates from 1 and my GUI from 0 (this came from PicoDrive as I recycled GUI from there).

Since people spoke about analog controls I just tried for a while to configure them, but alas failed. I find that all a bit confusing. What's the proper way of configuring one dual-analog controller where i can use the d-pad, game-buttons and 2 nubs for player1?

- Do i have to change nubmode from mouse/mousebuttons to 2xjoystick before launching pcsx?

- In PCSX I have to set Port 1 device to "Analog (SCPH-1150)" and leave Port 2 on "standard"?

- What do i have to set in the submenu "Analog Controls"?

- Why do i have the option to configure many buttons for nub0 and nub1 in "Player 1 controls"? A nub is just a 4-way-joystick. Beside (or because of) that, nothing happens when i try to configure the same setting for "nub0" that i have set in "(all devices)".

- What is "gpio-keys" and "keypad" for in relation to the OpenPandora?

Should be rather easy to configure them, which gives me an even worse feeling that i fail. ;)

Edit: I have the slight feeling that all three games i tried are simply too old to support analog control (Tomb Raider 1, Crash Bandicoot 1, Raiden Project). I still remember that the first playstations didn't come with an dual analog controller. I will try some other game some day.

Which version is that (PAL/NTSC)? Seems to be good for me:

(note: you can take screenshots by pressing 6, but they are taken before being sent to hardware scaler and may look deformed)

It's a PAL version (the name file says so).

Just played it 2 minutes to take a screenshot, loaded my save (in the game) and it seems to be alright. But if I'm laoding my save state the image is cut approximately below the "ND" of 2nd on your screen; I can't see the bottom of the mini map and the boost charge.

I'll look into it more deeply in the future.

The games that still have problems are Samurai Spirits 4, Captain Commando and Broken Sword 2, all of them with 2D games with graphic isues, on Samurai Spirits 4 you will notice it right away as the carracters are cut of, and the other two games you will notice it in the fist 2 or 3 minutes of gamplay. You have a MP.
Samurai Spirits 4 and Broken Sword 2 seem to be ok on my current build with Exophase's fixes, Captain Commando seems to be not GPU related, some general PCSX bug, cdrom emulation perhaps. Since this is not a regression it's real hard to fix, bugs like that need research and usually take long to figure out what's wrong. Same goes for those Pro pinball games..

Well it's sort of intended, PCSX counts savestates from 1 and my GUI from 0 (this came from PicoDrive as I recycled GUI from there).

Thanks Notaz and Exophase for all your work, its great to know that on the new build 2 of the games work great, and if Captain Commando is hard to fix dont worry about it at all, I just mention the games with bugs so you know about it, but I am having a blast with all the great Ps1 games, and already the emulator works brilliantly, although its normal that with so many games some may have problems.

Greetings and happy new year. :)

Virtual pool 3 works beautifully - as does Worlds Scariest Police Chases. Great work guys. My analogue nubs are working beautifully now I reflashed the firmware and buggered about with the settings. Now I can go around shooting Germans in the nuts again in Medal of Honor (don't worry Ed, I always check they don't have long hair first so you're safe enough).

Gran turismo 2 works perfect on caanoo but pandora doesn't play the game anymore,i've tried uk,us versions both won't work,so there must be some problem with the emulator,please notaz can you sort this out.

Notaz and exophase both of you have released latest build of psx emulator to run much faster and clear sound,well done to both of you.

Happy new year

Gran turismo 2 works perfect on caanoo but pandora doesn't play the game anymore,i've tried uk,us versions both won't work,so there must be some problem with the emulator

no kidding you don't say

Thanks for time stampling the savestates (shame about the date format. there's no pleasing everyone :p )
It's using system locale settings so you can change that, not sure what's the best way to do that on pandora though.
After a quick search last night I tried setting LANG to en_GB and en_GB.UTF-8. Waited until after midnight and tested with date +%x then fired up pcsx via pnd_run.

No joy - but I was saving to a game with savestates of the old format if that makes a difference.

After a quick search last night I tried setting LANG to en_GB and en_GB.UTF-8. Waited until after midnight and tested with date +%x then fired up pcsx via pnd_run.

No joy - but I was saving to a game with savestates of the old format if that makes a difference.
It probably didn't see your change, it has to be system wide since $HOME is not read now for .pnds, perhaps /etc/environment would work after reboot.

Back