So, what's the current status of everything?

The software should be ready ages ago, but thats another topic. There is no excuse that the software is delaying the project.
What have you done to help that side ? Let me guess, nothing. You have no idea how complex this is. You've no clue how many thousand hours have been spent on this already.
And ultimatly you've no clue on what's realy left to do. So, please respect the times many have spent on this already (for free btw, and for *you*) and tone down already

... besides, as it was the case with the Pandora as well, it was never the plan to deliver a fully polished system anyways.

Similar to buying a Devboard, you mostly buy hardware and a software to provide minimum functionality is what you n can expect at the beginning.

It simply is impossible providing a polished system with so little manpower.

That's what the community's for.

What have you done to help that side ? Let me guess, nothing. You have no idea how complex this is. You've no clue how many thousand hours have been spent on this already.
And ultimatly you've no clue on what's realy left to do. So, please respect the times many have spent on this already (for free btw, and for *you*) and tone down already

Good argument. Zwerg01 has no clue.

Maybe one thing to remember, when i said, that AC-Noise is the reason for the 4GB-version crashes is big humbug. Since i didn't and don't have access to all documentation there was nothing more i can do. It cost one year of development and a lot of money to find out that a B looks like an 8. That is why professional developers use character-safe fonts like source code pro. I have proven a lot of times that i am right with what i am saying. Maybe that is why people are so angry about me?

BTW: You should tone down, you take my words very personaly.

... besides, as it was the case with the Pandora as well, it was never the plan to deliver a fully polished system anyways.

Similar to buying a Devboard, you mostly buy hardware and a software to provide minimum functionality is what you n can expect at the beginning.

It simply is impossible providing a polished system with so little manpower.

That's what the community's for.

Did i say it has to be fully featured and polished? I said, somehow stable. If you deliver a device that crashes every fifteen minutes, ill guess that 50% of the preorderers will send it back for repair. I am sure you think so too.

device that crashes every fifteen minutes
And then you demonstrate what I said : you've no clue about what's left to do. The pyrae are stable and tested rightfully. (there have been heavy-load test, which the device managed easily)

Edit: ps: I dont take your post personnaly, since I havent worked on the OS for years now, but I'm well aware of the efforts put in it...

Maybe one thing to remember, when i said, that AC-Noise is the reason for the 4GB-version crashes is big humbug.

And still, the old PCBs don't seem to run as stable as the ones where the AC Noise is fixed. With the exact same code.

Since i didn't and don't have access to all documentation there was nothing more i can do. It cost one year of development and a lot of money to find out that a B looks like an 8. That is why professional developers use character-safe fonts like source code pro. I have proven a lot of times that i am right with what i am saying. Maybe that is why people are so angry about me?

There were a few other factors involved.
First off, Nikolaus is not a full employee of my company. He is hired and works depending on the time he has.

Often, he didn't have more than 10 - 15 hours per week for this project.
I have looked for freelancers as well, but most told me that doesn't make sense, as it could take months to figure that out. Even using the documentation. And that could've easily cost 20k or more, without a warranty they could even find the problem.
Companies (which would've tried to use debugging hardware) offered to find the issue for about the same price, so not really affordable.

But yeah, I can totally understand. If you had the documentation at hand, you would've surely solved that issue within a week for minimum budget.

Or you could've accepted to cover the costs for me, then I would've simply hired a company to do that.
Or even easier: I would've hired a company to design the complete hardware based on my wishes. Just the hardware would've been 300k EUR, I've got some quotations for that.

Yes, having tons of money to spend makes life easier and development faster.
So either we do it like this and you sponsor the additional costs for hiring a complete development team except for just one hardware designer or you stop moaning about how long it takes.

Because there are only three possibilities:

1. Fast with high quality: Expensive.
2. Fast and cheap: Low quality
3. High quality and cheap: Slow

Choose one of them. I would've loved 1, but without the money at hand, I definitely didn't want to go for 2.

Did i say it has to be fully featured and polished? I said, somehow stable. If you deliver a device that crashes every fifteen minutes, ill guess that 50% of the preorderers will send it back for repair. I am sure you think so too.

notaz unit was working for 3 months straight without a reboot. I've been using my unit for hours at once as well.
Where are you getting the 15 minutes from?

The only freeze known right now is one which happens when the system switches from normal charging to trickle charging.
This is being looked into, but it's certainly no showstopper.

But yeah, it shows how much insight you have into the project - close to zero.
Maybe you should ask the status of things before posting wrong assumptions here.

service.png

Is anyone else somewhat amused that even with there being actual Pyras in the hands of actual people who are actually using them, there still exist comments aimed at sowing confusion and demoralizing folks. That garbage didn't work over the last three years. What makes them think that it is going to work now with actual Pyras in the wild?

The Pyra is real. The 'Prototype' that I have is quite nice and everything seems to work hardware wise. I'm not sure what more there is to say that would help with the complainers.

@Grench :
To make the Peaple to believe on the existence of the Pyra, you should post more pictures where you use it near real Peaple: whit a Yeti, whit the Bigfoot, or whit Reinhold Messner, maybe, they want believe you if you only post pictures of yourself whit the Pyra, as you are just „from the Internet „ What’s your Ordernumber ???“

Back