Wrapping everything up!

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Djoga'Ro

Djoga'Ro moonstruck

@matzesu If we'd have to abandon every language, that has been spoken by Nazis (mind you, we don't have a monopoly on National Sozialism) or war criminals or tyrants or dictators, it'd be quite quiet around here. Also, I won't leave my mother tongue to stupid fucks. The same way I won't leave certain colour combinations to them - otherwise we'd look at Nazi-traffic-signs every day, wouldn't we.

levi, Neelix and xnopasaranx like this.
  2. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Advanced Member

funny-pea-costume-market-selling1.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 21, 2019 ---
    Sorry peaple, I couldn't help myself xD

Drezrek, NetBLOKS, FBnil and 3 others like this.
  3. Confuzzled

Confuzzled Still Fresh

It is not well known that Samuel Clemens visited Germany, but he did, and better known as the writer 'Mark Twain', wrote about it. It is interesting reading an American's impressions of pre-First World War Germany (he travelled starting in April 1878). The texts are available to download from the Gutenberg project (we have the Germans to thank for the invention of movable-type printing in Europe).

It is worth reading "A Tramp Abroad" by 'Mark Twain'" with illustrations from the 1880 First Edition. It has two items I thought worth highlighting about his German..

(1) Excerpt from Chapter 11
    (2) Appendix D - The Awful German Language

I hope our German friends will understand the self-directed humour. (Note, Clemens uses some terms that were common in his day, but which are regarded as extremely politically incorrect nowadays. If you are offended by such historical usages, please do not read the linked work.)

ETA Editio -> Edition
    ETA2 Remove superfluous space

ArchiMark and levi like this.
  4. Letalis Sonus

Letalis Sonus Advanced Member

Ironically, Gutenberg actually IP-banned Germany for legal reasons.

levi and ible like this.
  5. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

I have put the Torbrowser on my Gpd Win only for Project Gutenberg:)

6. Confuzzled

Confuzzled Still Fresh

7. FBnil

FBnil Ready to Champion the Pyra to the World...

Meh, just two months older than us...

@matzesu History is written by the winners. And before the great world wars, England and France alone had occupied about 200 countries (for example, India). Which would not have been independent without Germany (Just ask the average ab-original how he likes the occupation so far). The Germans have been indoctrinated at school with self-hate, and it's very noticeable from a bystander point of view. Just try to reason that due to England's bombing, the provisioning of food failed, and a whole country suffered hunger... also people in concentration camps.
    Without German technology (and people), we would have never be able to go to the moon, for example.
    And evil is everywhere, we still have non-german organizations doing the same thing Mengele did, on a larger scale, mostly in Africa. And let's not forget freedom (for 710 reasons).

As a new generation, that was not involved in any way... do not forget, but do not blame yourself.

As a Dutch I wont forget the hunger winter, nor the few brave men, the football matches in no-man's land, nor the bombings after official ceasefire (cant find the exact city, but it is similar to the situation of Dresden).

Remember: A coin has always 3 sides (four if it has a hole in it ;) ).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    levi likes this.
  8. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Less if it has a bull dog bevelled edge, or lots more if it has a serrated edge.

/pedant off

FBnil likes this.
  9. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

Also whitout Germans (EVILDRAGON) the Pandora Project would be death, and lots of Craigix Customers wouldnd get a Pandora..
    At first, also the Nazis/Germans from the 30th/40thes where Humans, and there is a huge potenzial in every human to be Evil..

Usaly, most of the Germans are quite Nice, (including myself)..,
    Ok, now lets continue whit the Pyra, i want to shoot some Nazis in Return to Castle Wolfenstein ^^

levi, Neelix and ClockworkCoder like this.
  10. Yogendra

Yogendra Still Fresh

Can you all just quit this crap about different races and languages in this forum. Language is just a means of communication and that's IT. Get your minds set on the Pyra

11. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

Language usability on the Pyra is a major topic here.

Welcome to a keyboard thread.

12. klapse

klapse Central Scrutinizer

All threads must become keyboard threads, in time.

Grench and ible like this.
  13. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

@EvilDragon since the cases were the bottleneck and the molds have been moved:

1. When will the new company have cases made?
    2. When are the boards going to be populated?
    3. What else needs to be done?

Xcl4m4t10n likes this.
  14. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

I'm curious if any of the 95 cases produced have been in the slightest bit usable and if any pre-preorders can be sent out. Also curious how productive the trip to Greece was with the new company. Really looking forward to this next update.

Swordfish II likes this.
  15. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

If i remember Correctly, EvilDragon said the only bottleneck now are the cases..

I would like to have a passport in the future where there is the Word "World" on the Point "Nationality"

16. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Very Active Member

ED stated they were good enough for the prototypes and modding. He should have them now so hopefully the prototypes will be despatched soon.

ClockworkCoder likes this.
  17. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

And if the Prototypes are out, hopefully whe will have a working 3D Driver, and some other stuff, so the first pre Preorderers Pyra arend just good looking doorstopers.. ^^
    But if every work at the Release, the Pyra Experience would be quite booring, its more interessting to see the Pyra OS Evolve every Patch..

levi and Swordfish II like this.
  18. ClockworkCoder

Indeed he did, but he may not have had much chance to test them properly.

crazyhorse likes this.
  19. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Hold your horses! Until we hear that the ultra generous Grench has got his prototype, I wouldn't even start to consider any of us pre- or non pre-orders getting theirs.

Grench likes this.
  20. ClockworkCoder

That's what I meant. To be honest the whole pre-pre-preorders/prototype terminology confuses me. I just care when the first 'ordinary users' start to get theirs, whatever words you want to use to describe them.

levi likes this.