Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

That´s the version i´m using, i always keep everything up-to-date. And all my PND´s are in /Pandora/Menu , i want my desktop to stay fresh and clean... ;-)

Reinserting the card doesn´t help by the way. Only when i reboot the Pandora, everythings back where it belongs. That´s why i guess it´s an issue related to the firmware.

I've just tried to use PCSX Rearmed with an ExFat Formatted SD card and i'm not seeing anything other than the mount point of the SD card.

Any ideas?
no idea, but I noticed exactly the same using ExFat with PanPlayer2... while I'm able to see my files with Thunar or watch media using XBMC... either something is not good with the ExFat installer or something in these software is hardcoded to work with fat and extx...

Here´s something interesting... I just read this thread:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14541-bgs-the-backup-saved-games-tool-is-out/page-3

and i have the same problem with some of my PND´s.

PCSX does show up as "PCSX ReARMed r19" in the menu but the pnd itself reads "package.pcsx_rearmed.notaz.pnd".

GBA.emu is correctly named in menu, but the pnd reads "com.explusalpha.GbaEmu.pnd"

I recognized that before and it never bothered me much but now that i wanted to try out BGS (the Backup Saved Games Tool) it has become a problem.

So i think it´s PNDManager that´s causing the menu bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd - I'm pretty sure I installed pcsx via pndmanager, and its filename is just pcsx_rearmed_r19.pnd, in /pandora/menu. Curiouser and curiouser.

Also, I wasn't aware that BGS cared about the name of the PND - more the name of the appdata folder. That should be pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed, if my system is representative. If that's not right, that's nothing to do with pndmanager, more the OS mounting scripts, and might have something to do with your config changes not working. What version of the OS are you running?

I´m running SuperZaxxon R1.61 with XFCE 4.6.2 and Kernel 3.2.61 on a Pandora Classic model.

The appdata folders are named in the same way as the corresponding PND.

I set everything up fresh when i bought the 64 GB micro-SD several weeks ago and PNDManager seemed to be very convinient in that process.

But btt, i don´t think that deleting everything related to PCSX and installing it again would solve my problem with controlling the menu with a gamepad...

Or would it?

There's something very funny going on with your system's mounting of PNDs. Could you try running pcsx then quitting once you're at the menu, and looking in /tmp for a file called something like pndout_pcsx_rearmed.out (or probably something different, from what I can tell of your system). Mine begins like this:

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/pandora_data/pandora/menu/pcsx_rearmed_r19.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/pandora_data/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed

APPDD_FSTYPE : ext2

PND_CPUSPEED :

EXENAME : pcsx.sh

ARGUMENTS :

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop2" "/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/pandora_data/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/pcsx_rearmed=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

Those lines (apart from the APPD_FSTYPE line) all depend only on the PND libs in your system and the PND you're running AFAIK, and also positively identify the active appdata directory it's using. If you could post your version of the above, hopefully it'll help narrow down what's up.

[quote name="Sebosan" post="349814" timestamp="1407349925

The appdata folders are named in the same way as the corresponding PND.

I set everything up fresh when i bought the 64 GB micro-SD several weeks ago and PNDManager seemed to be very convinient in that process.

@ Levi: Here´s the Log file:

PND             : /media/GertrudSD1/pandora/menu/pcsx_rearmed.notaz.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/GertrudSD1/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed
APPDD_FSTYPE    : fuseblk
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : pcsx.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/GertrudSD1/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/pcsx_rearmed=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( pcsx.sh  ) ----------
hugetlb: 12 pages allocated.
writing fir:
Simple pixel doubling (no filter)
Touchscreen configured, device=/dev/input/touchscreen0
xenv: X vendor: The X.Org Foundation, rel: 10707000, display: :0.0, protocol ver: 11.0
xenv: display is 800x480
fbdev: /dev/fb0: 800x480@16
fbdev initialized.
fbdev: switching to 640x512@16
fbdev: /dev/fb1: 640x512@16
fbdev initialized.
in_evdev: found "keypad" with 84 events (type 00100013)
input: new device #0 "evdev:keypad"
in_evdev: found "nub0" with 0 events (type 00000009)
input: new device #1 "evdev:nub0"
in_evdev: found "nub1" with 0 events (type 00000009)
input: new device #2 "evdev:nub1"
in_evdev: found "gpio-keys" with 16 events (type 00000023)
input: new device #3 "evdev:gpio-keys"
# drv probed binds name
0   0      y     y evdev:keypad
1   0      y     n evdev:nub0
2   0      y     n evdev:nub1
3   0      y     y evdev:gpio-keys
found skin.txt
input: bad key: LeftControl
input: bad key: RightShift
input: bad key: LeftAlt
input: bad key: RightCtrl
input: bad key: Home
input: bad key: PageUp
input: bad key: End
input: bad key: PageDown
input: bad key: Menu
me_id2offset: id 28 not found
Starting PCSX-ReARMed r19
Running PCSX Version 1.9 (Mar 17 2013).
Init new dynarec
Loading memory card ./.pcsx/memcards/card1.mcd
Loading memory card ./.pcsx/memcards/card2.mcd
plugin: plugins/builtin_cdr
plugin: plugins/builtin_gpu
plugin: plugins/builtin_spu
plugin: plugins/builtin_pad
plugin: plugins/builtin_pad
Plugins loaded.
selected sound output driver: oss
ari64_reset
  -> 640x480 1.3
fbdev: switching to 256x240@16
Exit..
open /dev/tty: No such device or address
hugetlb: 0 pages allocated.
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( pcsx.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1

After my last post i renamed the PND to "pcsx-rearmed.notaz.pnd" but it still works.

@Wally: Bought it on Amazon, it´s an original SanDisk with the adapter it came with

Edit: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0084DWD4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really don´t want to reflash if i don´t have to. As i said i set the Pandora up fresh and that included a complete reflash and reinstallation of everything necessary.

Had some issues especially with the Jedi Knight Series but got it to work finally so i don´t want to ruin that (i think it was something with resetting a driver to an older version to make it run, but that had nothing to do with the controls or USB or anything related to PCSX besides the graphic...)

I know that it doesn´t take long... -.-

Had some issues especially with the Jedi Knight Series but got it to work finally so i don´t want to ruin that (i think it was something with resetting a driver to an older version to make it run, but that had nothing to do with the controls or USB or anything related to PCSX besides the graphic...)
What i meant was "never touch a running system" when you don´t necessarily have to...

The problems i have are not THAT serious... I´d rather wait for some other opinions and consider reflashing as a last resort.

But thx for the advice anyway ;-)

Your log looks more normal than I was expecting ;) It would suggest it's pulling the location of the appdata folder out of the pnd correctly, so the only question remaining is why it's got a different name to the copy I've got from PNDManager. Does BGS still not like this setup? What does it tell you exactly?

Note I've not used BGS myself, but I think I understand what it does.

BGS is basicly just a series of pop up windows that guide you through the process. At one point it tells you which games it found and pcsx is not in that list for me.

But i suppose that´s easy to fix by renaming the PND´s and appdata folders.

Any idea related to the gamepad problem?^^

Okay, it may be that BGS is using a stored list of PND names to find the games which might have data, rather than a list of appdata folders (since yours seem to be named correctly). That would be a slightly perverse way of working, but if you rename your PND like mine and it works, that must be it.

No idea about your gamepad problem, I'm afraid. I suspected you were editing the wrong appdata folder since you reported it was named the same as your PND, but in fact it's the same as mine.

BGS is basicly just a series of pop up windows that guide you through the process. At one point it tells you which games it found and pcsx is not in that list for me.
I developed BGS in the first place - what is the name of your PCSX pnd and your appfolder ? I'll give it a double check.

By the way a new version of BGS is on its way (Kickass has been forking it to improve it). 

Those details are in the log file he posted. Though it seems he got a non-standard pnd name first, which he's since renamed.

FWIW why does it need the pnd name? Can't it just see what appdata folders are there to see what data needs to be backed up?

FWIW why does it need the pnd name? Can't it just see what appdata folders are there to see what data needs to be backed up?
The way BGS works is the following:

-> it checks for the PND presence first.

-> if the PND is present, then it looks for the attached appfolder on both SD cards.

Of course, that could be modified. The key reason is efficiency. It's much faster to check for PNDs first, than to crawl all appfolders. 

And it gets worse...^^

I recently installed some of the emulators from the Emu Ex Plus Alpha Series. The PND´s are all named correctly but the appdata folders for them are almost all named "com.explusalpha.SYSTEMNAMEEmu" whereas "SYSTEMNAME is the name of the system it emulates (Gba, Gbc Md,...).

But i think these are not supported by BGS anyway or are they? BTW i really like your work with BGS, ekianjo, looking forward to future updates. ;-)

Concerning PCSX i downloaded the PND again right from the repo via firefox. Then i moved the config file to another location and let it create a new one.

Finally i moved the whole appdata folder and started PCSX so it would create a new folder.

Didn´t help... -.-

I´m pretty damn sure it´s not the gamepad cause it works like a charm in all other programs.

@notaz:

Why not implement a button setup dialog for "Accept" and "Abort" in the menu since there is a setup for the menu button and for save states anyway?

I´m not a coder so i don´t know if that´s a lot of work or not....

Back