Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

ePSXe on Android emulates Driver 1 and Internal Section perfectly.  I know PCSX-ReArmed has issues emulating these games.  How can that be?  Please don't throw a shoe at me but is ePSXe team better than PCSX-ReArmed team?  Can that part of the ePSXe code get incorporated into PCSX-ReArmed?

Last edited by a moderator:
ePSXe is closed source and there is no way to copy their solution unless its devs agree to share it. Also, PCSX-ReARMed, while being sub-optimal in a few areas, is better than ePSXe in many other ways and comparing their overall "betterness" on basis of one or two games is meaningless, not to mention kind of insulting.

Lastly, PCSX-ReARMed is composed of code from many different forks of PCSX, so unless the games were broken by the NEON GPU plugin or the porting process, this type of question should be directed to authors of the original code.

ePSXe is closed source and there is no way to copy their solution unless its devs agree to share it. Also, PCSX-ReARMed, while being sub-optimal in a few areas, is better than ePSXe in many other ways and comparing their overall "betterness" on basis of one or two games is meaningless, not to mention kind of insulting.

Lastly, PCSX-ReARMed is composed of code from many different forks of PCSX, so unless the games were broken by the NEON GPU plugin or the porting process, this type of question should be directed to authors of the original code.
Please don't take it the wrong way.  I have no intention to mean so :)

Another issue in Front Mission 3: the game freezing completely during a fight. The emulator did not crash nor freeze however, and I could still go back to the menu, but the game remained frozen for good... 

It seems that PCSX ReARMed does not like this game :p  

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. 

Man!  I'm having all sort of problems with Driver 1.  This game messes up the TV out too!  I  I have to restart the Pandora to fix it.  What a weird game!

I've just tried to use PCSX Rearmed with an ExFat Formatted SD card and i'm not seeing anything other than the mount point of the SD card.

Any ideas?

notaz, you interested in a minor, minor!, but repeatable graphics glitch?

In Spyro 3, when you rescue an egg underwater, the hatched baby dragon is drawn floating inside a white bubble (of air).  When the baby dragon disappears, half of the bubble goes black.

I have a savegame that demonstrates this.

Also, are you interested in corrupted save files?  I have a save file for Frogger 2 that doesn't display a screenshot, and if I attempt to load it pcsx-rearmed crashes.  I guarantee it was created several versions ago.

(Probably not interesting, but I thought I'd offer.)

I don't have time to work on PCSX right now, but you can leave the save somewhere (like attachment here) for later.
Hey, nice to read from you again.

I hope the Starcraft treat has earned you some reputation and you're making a bit of money with your skills by now.

What are you working on atm?

I hope the Starcraft treat has earned you some reputation and you're making a bit of money with your skills by now. What are you working on atm?
haha ! Notaz did not need the Starcraft reputation to make money. When you are as talented as him on low-level programming there's more jobs than you can take.  

Hi y´all. First of all, i just love PCSX Rearmed. Everything runs smooth, even the gamepads i tried so far are all doing well. But there is one issue i just can´t seem to figure out... The menu gives me almost every option imaginable in terms of binding buttons to functions but how the hell can i controll the menu itself with a connected gamepads?! I can navigate with the analog stick and i managed to bind a button so that i can enter the menu when i´m ingame. But i tried everything to assign the "x" and "B" buttons of the pandora to buttons on the gamepad but to no avail.

It´s kinda stupid having to lay the gamepad aside and grab the pandora every single time i want to ajust something in the menu when everything else can be controlled via the gamepad...

Am i missing something obvious here or how are you people using the Pandora as a console with the TV out cable and wireless gamepads handle that? 

Nope, tried a Logitech PS3 USB Wireless Gamepad and an original Sony PS3 Bluetooth Controller. It´s the same with both of them. But maybe it´s just me. Would be interesting to see what others have to say about that...

I´ll restore the configs to default now and try again.

Oh, and another thing, almost every time i copy PSX games onto the SD Card (64 GB micro NTFS) and quit the mass storage mode, PCSX jumps all over the menu. Sometimes it can be found under "Other" and sometimes under "System" but i guess

that´s related to the OS or the size of the card?

Edit: Deleting the config file doesn´t solve the problem at least not for the Logitech gamepad, can´t test it with the Sony right now...

Oh, and another thing, almost every time i copy PSX games onto the SD Card (64 GB micro NTFS) and quit the mass storage mode, PCSX jumps all over the menu. Sometimes it can be found under "Other" and sometimes under "System" but i guess that´s related to the OS or the size of the card?
That is odd, PCSX rearmed should show under Emulation category.. disabling mass storage mode will just remount that SD card and it should put all the applications back in their normal menu categories..

Just curious which version are you using? this should be the latest: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.pcsx_rearmed.notaz

Also which folder is the PND file placed on the SD card?

Back