Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi power Battles:

- Now nicely playable on high res mode with 1100 MHz

Had black flickering before

Sound is still little laggy but not much

Gauntlet Lgends:

-No black flickering either

Was unplayable before because of flickring
The flickering is/was most likely caused by frameskip, try turning it off.
That's it.

Thanks.

Gauntlet Legends now plays nice as well.

I need to overclock but it's good in game now.

End results screen is laggy but I don't care much.

Most games run great on this now, even my Eboot with ALL THE NET YAROZE GAMES EVER - i had problems with Net Yaroze stuff in the past but not anymore! I'm having Problems with Silhouette Mirage these days (pretty sure SM used to run ok on previous versions but refuses to load now) and also Carnage Heart EZ (japanese import) hangs on planet selection screen. Obviously i'm still having issues with Driver, but i dont expect that to change any time soon.

Bug report: Controls are messed if PCSX is called externally (start PCSX with specific rom filepath)
Starting PCSX alone —> Controls work as expected
Starting PCSX via Pandafe —> Controls work only very partial, most assigned keys are missing!

My initial guess:

Pandafe may launch PCSX with corrupted environment variables or with an alternative appdata directory or without a certain necessary pre-run script, or PCSX may has a bug if launched with rom arguments, instead of being launched standalone and then launching the rom itself.

Further investigation (if PCSX is launched from Pandafe):

From the gpio-keys only up/down/left/right work, all others are mysteriously missing: A/B/X/Y, L & R, Start, Select.
Plus my USB devices (Logitech Cordless Rumblepad, one for each player 1 & 2) have wrong keys assigned (those from the gpio-keys!).

I made a backup of appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx/pcsx.cfg and also after the bug occurence, pcsx.cfg has still the same modification date and content (diff == null) as the backup. So the config was not messed with. It must be a bug from PCSX treating controls different if called externally, or PANDAFE calling PCSX somehow wrong.

My config file for bug reproduction:

pcsx.txt

(pcsx.cfg renamed to .txt due to forum software restrictions)

Attachments

• pcsx.txt
    2 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:
There's an annoying bug in the enhanced resolution mode that should be pretty easy to fix. For games that change the size of the render area, it doesn't seem to black out the unused area of the buffer (or at least not both of the double buffers) so there's some flickering with parts of the previous buffer contents. This glitch happened for me in Monsters Inc. Scream Team, at the title screen as well as in gameplay after the loading screen.

Sounds more like it's caused by frameskip, which is difficult to do on PSX as the game is free to update only portions of framebuffer and the emulator has no idea what should be cleared or not if the "clear screen" frame is skipped.

Not directly related to PCSXReARMed, but I posted a couple of hours ago a tutorial on Pandoralive on how to rip PS1 games directly on the Pandora to be played on PCSXReARMed.

promo.png

Read here --->

Sounds more like it's caused by frameskip, which is difficult to do on PSX as the game is free to update only portions of framebuffer and the emulator has no idea what should be cleared or not if the "clear screen" frame is skipped.
I just tried with frameskip disabled, the glitch is still there (even without the enhanced res speedhack). The glitch is not present for normal resolution mode, though. It does look like something weird is going on with double buffering.

For the menu you mean?

I don't have any infrastucture for rendering anything but ASCII right now, and all characters are fixed to 1 byte..

Hmm got a weird issue. Driver. I can play the tutorial ( having to do 360's and brake tests etc ) if i fail and hit retry it boots me back to the desktop. Just retried the first level and the same thing happened. Notaz: what do you need? .out and or save game? Im using the latest version and DRIVER (E) ( SLES-01816 ).bin

Sent from my A500 using the cli.

A savestate before the bug happens or exact instructions on how to reproduce it would sufficient I think.

Quite easy then. Start the game and try the under ground garage stuff.. Let it fail, and hit retry on the menu that pops up.

It boots me back to the desktop :(

Sent from my A500 using the cli.

On Die Hard Trilogy when you fire of the larger missiles the screen flickers at the moment of impact/ explosion. Anyone had same problem/ got any hints how to fix problem in settings.

Oh, and the emulator seems to be 'forgetting" the saved control settings. When I open a new game only the directional buttons are working and I have to go in to controls options to reassign the controls - for every new game that I play. This is also in spite of having clicked on "save configuration". Wierd...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

^ Make sure you save the control configuration as global! Else its is per game, which is a feature rather than a bug.

Back