Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I'm currently switching to another project (at least for now), so I've uploaded the fixes I have as r17. This is a bugfix release, mostly focusing on regressions (things that worked before and broke in r16). I haven't fixed any new renderer bugs (like the one above), it's unclear if they are fixable at all as some games rely on how things are rendered in lower resolution.

I'm currently switching to another project (at least for now), so I've uploaded the fixes I have as r17. This is a bugfix release, mostly focusing on regressions (things that worked before and broke in r16). I haven't fixed any new renderer bugs (like the one above), it's unclear if they are fixable at all as some games rely on how things are rendered in lower resolution.
Very good, thx. I guess stuff like the Pro Pinball Games should run again now? :)

OK, I can confirm: Pro Pinball Games run again! :)

And Tomb Raider 4 works normal now (EN and GER Version), no hangups during menu or Level change, perfect! ^^

Fast forward is bad now with r17.

When in double resolution mode it crashes my game.

I can go into fast forward.

Picture gets smaller sometimes (this wasn't the case with r16).

When exiting fast forward the emulator crashes sometimes.

I tested with Final Fantasy 9.

Code:
=======================================================================================

PND			 : /media/MAIN/pandora/menu/pcsx_rearmed_r17.pnd

PND_FSTYPE	  : Squashfs

APPDATADIR	  : /media/MAIN/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME		 : pcsx.sh

ARGUMENTS	   : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/MAIN/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/pcsx_rearmed=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed"

[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (pcsx.sh ) ----------

hugetlb: 8 pages allocated.

writing fir:

Default (Slightly blurred)

Segmentation fault

open /dev/tty: No such device or address

hugetlb: 0 pages allocated.

[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application (pcsx.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 1

Having a problem with Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. In the beginning level, which is basically a tutorial, just beyond the ledge jumping, there's a point where two creatures appear, with two floating green blobs. The game locks up there, though the music keeps playing.

^

Do you have a .sbi data?

If you use the European version it's copy protected and needs subchannels.

I had the same problem.

Redump.org is down.

Is it legal if I upload the .sbi file here?

Had this problem with soulreaver in various spots in earlier versions.

I also have crashes with fast forward, when the game seems to changes resolution/display mode.

I spotted some interlaced artifacts during all animations / animated Elements in the Pro Pinball series (like the ball, tilt animation, lights, loading bar...). Some kind of small scanline effects instead of "clean" moving without artifacts. Maybe it is because of the Interlaced mode? I've deactivated it for testing but then the games do not work anymore.

It may not be a bug, I just wanted to know the technical reason for this, maybe it can be fixed?

If you use the European version it's copy protected and needs subchannels.

I had the same problem.

Good call, thanks for the tip. Indeed, I had created the image from a PAL CD. I've managed to procure a US disk to make an image, and it's working fine.

Updated to the new version but still having issues with Driver on PS1, crashes after menu screens like always. I'd heard this had been resolved in the latest revision.

Back