Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

Tried it on the old CC unit, and it runs mostly as expected, 900MHz OMAP3 roughly matches 800MHz DM3730, which is what Wipeout needs to reach fullspeed.

How far are you from a release, notaz ?
A couple of weeks maybe, it doesn't yet support all of the primitives, we're working with Exophase on that. There is also a kernel update needed to be released, CC unit can't reach fullspeed without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be the killer app that pushes me to get a 1Ghz Pandora.

Of course I'll wait to see how it runs on my current model with a bit of overclocking first.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This will be de-selectable, of course, right? For those of us who prefer not to overclock, in favor of battery and CPU life?

Tried it on the old CC unit, and it runs mostly as expected, 900MHz OMAP3 roughly matches 800MHz DM3730, which is what Wipeout needs to reach fullspeed.

A couple of weeks maybe, it doesn't yet support all of the primitives, we're working with Exophase on that. There is also a kernel update needed to be released, CC unit can't reach fullspeed without it.

Oh, god, not another one. Time to prepare for another hour or two updating the Pandora and setting all the user prefs up to sane defaults. Can you also fix the screen blanking this time? :)

D.

Then, i have to wait for the next update, and skip the update whit the gamma Settings..

So the next pcsx rearmed will need more Speed, but it can show the games a lot more nice ?

Oh, god, not another one. Time to prepare for another hour or two updating the Pandora and setting all the user prefs up to sane defaults. Can you also fix the screen blanking this time? :)

D.

WHy dont you backup your home folder instead?

Naaah, if only the kernel updates, it usually is enough to just flash the kernel and just not copy the rootfs on the disk - as long as the modules aren't newly compiled.

Unfortunately there will need to be a new helper script added, so base image will have to be updated too. Maybe we could do .pnd updater this time..

Can you also fix the screen blanking this time? :)
Since this does not happen for anyone else, I can only assume your hardware is broken, so no.

Unfortunately there will need to be a new helper script added, so base image will have to be updated too. Maybe we could do .pnd updater this time..

Since this does not happen for anyone else, I can only assume your hardware is broken, so no.

Screen blanking is fixed for me with the very latest firmware! on both my Pandoras I had the blanking issue... both fixed with 1.51 ..

Darren

I fail to see how this is a hardware issue - enlighten me.

D.

I fail to see how this is a hardware issue - enlighten me.
And I fail to think of any other logical explanation, perhaps except user error, but I would not blame you with that.

Mods - can someone split this discussion out? I appear to have de-railed the thread.

Notaz - I just disabled blanking, and it seems to work now. I'll let you know what I did to make it fail when it blanks later on :)

D.

Just got my Ghz Pandora, and tested this emu. It's amazing !

MicroMachines V3 is perfect :wub:

Tons of thanks to Notaz and Exophase

Yeah, this one was the second one to go on my lovely new 1G Pandora, right after Temper. Sat here for two hours playing GT2 when I was supposed to be getting on with other stuff. I can't wait to shove Wipeout 3 in my friend's hands and see the look on his face.

It rules big time. A truly epic job with this emu.

I would like again to thank Notaz and Exophase for the fine work.

R15 fixed my dynrec issues with Grandia, but here is a tip for those who need to disable the Dynrec: enable fps showing, increase overclock, then increase CPU % under options->advanced until you no longer see FPS improve. This doubled FPS from 6 to 12 in Grandia battle scenes (R14).

Back