Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

how is the GLES plugin coming along so far? any improvements in this release?
It needs to be mostly rewritten from scratch, I have no plans for that. FPCE is now using the same plugin, but of course the author doesn't share the source even after being asked and it's GPL. He only gives his old source of his first conversion.

anyone got parasite eve 2 working ? because i tried every single setting + rom / bios and still doesnt work (crash at square logo) ?
This game needs special settings because of missing cache emulation, go to Options->[advanced]->[speed hacks] and set PSX CPU clock% to 100, then save config and load the game again.

Night Raid still needs to disable Dynarec to see enemys but it's verry slow then and has bad sound.
Ugh somehow missed that one, even if it's on the list..

Hey Notaz, thanks for all the hard work, i am looking forward to try this emulator out, i expect my panda to arrive today or tommorow.

Thanks notaz.

Will you now update Picodrive for JAP Sega CD games and better 32X emulation?

Thank you Notaz for your continued support to this great emulator! :) It is much appreciated!

Thanks Notaz, were so lucky to have you working on projects over here. Also thanks to Exophase for ironing out the neon gpu. Great work guys

Wheee!!! Donations all around (just because this reminded me to do that, not on some release-for-donations-scheme)! And my Pandora will return from Germany in refurbished form next week. Grandia, here I come! :D

Sicne I don't use the Emulator that much and I'm not that into PSX Emulation, how can I find out the best settings for each game? Since the Emulator has alot and I actualy have no clue what to set. Seems that every game needs other graphic settings? ^^""

how is the GLES plugin coming along so far? any improvements in this release?
It needs to be mostly rewritten from scratch, I have no plans for that. FPCE is now using the same plugin, but of course the author doesn't share the source even after being asked and it's GPL. He only gives his old source of his first conversion.

anyone got parasite eve 2 working ? because i tried every single setting + rom / bios and still doesnt work (crash at square logo) ?
This game needs special settings because of missing cache emulation, go to Options->[advanced]->[speed hacks] and set PSX CPU clock% to 100, then save config and load the game again.

Night Raid still needs to disable Dynarec to see enemys but it's verry slow then and has bad sound.
Ugh somehow missed that one, even if it's on the list..
got it working thanks to that tip, works perfect thank you :)

Sicne I don't use the Emulator that much and I'm not that into PSX Emulation, how can I find out the best settings for each game? Since the Emulator has alot and I actualy have no clue what to set. Seems that every game needs other graphic settings? ^^""

From my experience the vast majority of games run perfectly well with the default settings.

I didn't do much steeings to the games I've played.

Simply scale to fullscreen and that's it ;) .

Notaz, apparently you did not update the version number of the application, and it does not appear as an update in PNDmanager - (at least for me) - am I the only one getting this issue ?

<p>

Notaz, apparently you did not update the version number of the application, and it does not appear as an update in PNDmanager - (at least for me) - am I the only one getting this issue ?
sound more like a pndmanager issue than a packaging error here.

<p>

sound more like a pndmanager issue than a packaging error here.

If the version number has not been updated (which I assume is the reason for PNDManager not to recognize it as an update), it is a packaging error/miss. But correct me if I am wrong.

It's a PNDManager issue. I reported it to B-Zar yesterday - it's weird because it is doing string compares and "r15" > "r14". But still we're all getting the same problem, so there most be a bug somewhere.

If the version number has not been updated (which I assume is the reason for PNDManager not to recognize it as an update), it is a packaging error/miss. But correct me if I am wrong.
I somewhat checked what's on the repo before posting ;)

I admit I did not :)

It's a PNDManager issue. I reported it to B-Zar yesterday - it's weird because it is doing string compares and "r15" > "r14". But still we're all getting the same problem, so there most be a bug somewhere.

Interesting. First time I see this problem in PNDManager for an update, and I did a number of them already.

what do you like about the PSX version that the PC version doesn't have?
The music is completely different on the Playstation-version of Doom. I've heard it's terrifying/spooky.

Also the sound effects are supposed to be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The music is completely different on the Playstation-version of Doom. I've heard it's terrifying/spooky.

Also the sound effects are supposed to be better.

yeah, I played Doom on a work PC at night, not too scary. Bought the Ps1 version back in '96 and played it on my telly with the lights off and the sound up, it really scared me witless.

Try "Doom: Absolution", the real Doom3, which was only available on the N64.

The Soundtrack (and in fact the whole game) is awesome and very athmospheric.

There is a modified Doomsday-Engine out there with the special files to play it in HighRes on a PC, including the soundtrack.

Back