More boards, more software (2011 - 01 - 24)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, what a weekend!

Besides having released a new beta version of the Pandora OS, featuring a lot of fixes and the latest 3D driver, about 8 games have been released as well by community members, mainly mcobit and sebt3. Thanks a bunch!

As we suspected - as soon as more Pandoras are going to you guys, new software will appear pretty fast.

Well, speaking of Pandoras - not only new software has appeared.

Craig also received the next 250 Pandora PCBs from CC, 60 more are on the way (included with some iCP parts we got from them) and according to CircuitCo, 500 more will leave the factory next Friday.

That would mean that over 1000 PCBs have been produced in January - that's quite a number!

Of course I'll let you know as soon as I got some new information :)

Thanks for the update ED. You're right about the software updates, it's great to see, and there is a renewed buzz around the boards.

I'm quite lost on where we are on the PCB numbers. There was talk of 500 by Friday (the one just gone I presume) did that turn into 250, with 60 to follow? And then the next shipment will be _sent_ in a week for 500 more boards?

If that is correct, wouldn't that mean by the time of that next 500 being completed from those boards, that'll be very near to 2000 completed?

Like I said, I'm quite lost on the numbers, but does that mean that so far CC are doing about 500 every two weeks?

It's good news anyway. I hope poor DJWillis will have time to work on that big firmware update, I'm sure that'll bring lots of small improvements across the board. Getting the new XFCE would be great.

So does this mean we get TV-Out Cables for Valentines day? I know that's pushing it, but let's get < Two Months™ please.

Not sure where I am in the batch 1 que but it's towards the end, ordered Feb/2010. April 8 is my b-day so hopefully this will be a great present for me. Keep it up guys and thank you for all your hard work and dedication! :D

1248546877237.png

from now on, every news thread started should include how many pandoras have shipped so far all together

Ok, now I'm really not worried about the boards and shipping of pandoras at all.

We are finally starting to get a steady flow going on!

But! I think the next news-item should really be about the tv-out-cables!

I remember that a few months ago this had Two Months written all over it, so are we going to see more delays on these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yippie, now whe need only tree weeks more until mine is getting build

one Month here whe go :lol:

(im number 230 in EvilDragons order (from last week on) meybe number 200 because, at this time 30 Pandora are lost in UPS..

Not sure where I am in the batch 2 queue but it's towards the start, ordered Sep/2010. April 18 is my b-day so hopefully this will be a great present for me. Keep it up guys and thank you for all your hard work and dedication! :D

Fixed that for...me :p

I think my broken pandora is now in newcastle, hope to get a new one soon :)

Hope so too. Last blog-entry said, that soon the first broken-nub-boards will go to texas and we gotta talk to our destributor to get details about replacements. Did somebody get such?

So this news means that I will have to start on some programming fun coz I will be getting me Pandy soon :D

I think I can get to "Hello, World" before it arrives ;)

I think my broken pandora is now in newcastle, hope to get a new one soon :)

Hope so too. Last blog-entry said, that soon the first broken-nub-boards will go to texas and we gotta talk to our destributor to get details about replacements. Did somebody get such?
Yeah, mine has been there 2 weeks to the day. I just sent an email to Jackie to get a progress report, once I hear back, I'll let you guys know what she tells me.

Chris

That all sounds like good news, but I really think it's time that there were confirmed total production figures; maybe not unit-accurate, but within 10 or so.

I'm around number 850-900 in craig's queue, and have no idea when I'll be getting my unit. I see claims of "2000 produced" above, which makes me think there's a problem, so the only way to fix that is for some official notification on how many have shipped - i.e. where we are at in each queue. Then everyone knows the situation.

Back