Quick summary of the last week (2011 - 02 - 01)

So, how about some news then?

Nine months today since I ordered. Where are we upto? When will I get my Pandora? I'd like to see something for my money, please.

I think it should have invisible electricity hands which can reach out and strangle people at my command.
Open device, it'd only be a matter of time until someone reprogrammed it to give them a shoulder rub whenever you tried to kill them. Then what will you do?

So, how about some news then?

Nine months today since I ordered. Where are we upto? When will I get my Pandora? I'd like to see something for my money, please.
You are joking aren't you? Seriously, nine months puts you in the newbie range.
Yeah, well, I want my Pandora, and I want an answer from a member of the OPT. I paid for a piece of hardware, not to be a member of a 'community.' Community spirit is free.

I'm sick of waiting. I'm sick of the lack of news. I'm sick of being told there's more waiting. I'm sick of not having received what I paid for. And I'm sick of getting replies from people other than the OPT. If I was buying a EEE netbook, I wouldn't be expecting answers from other users as to why I haven't got it; I'd expect answers from Asus.

Umm... what news are you waiting for?

Everything basically has been said, production is continuing and on the status page on the official site you can see that the production is going on.

Should we post each week that the production continued as last week? :)

Yeah, well, I want my Pandora, and I want an answer from a member of the OPT. I paid for a piece of hardware, not to be a member of a 'community.' Community spirit is free.

I'm sick of waiting. I'm sick of the lack of news. I'm sick of being told there's more waiting. I'm sick of not having received what I paid for. And I'm sick of getting replies from people other than the OPT. If I was buying a EEE netbook, I wouldn't be expecting answers from other users as to why I haven't got it; I'd expect answers from Asus.

Sounds like you need a doctor, you're pretty sick.

I think you forgot that OPT is not a big company like Asus. They don't have hundreds of people responsible for customer support. They are literally just a hand full of people.

I ordered roughly at the same time as you. I think our regular pandoras will be shipped out something like end of march/april.

If you don't want to wait, you can always upgrade to a premium pandora. That costs about $150 but then it's really just a matter of another 1-1,5 weeks.

Everything basically has been said, production is continuing and on the status page on the official site you can see that the production is going on.

I personally wouldn't mind it if you did. I was a little surprised not to see a news post about the Instant Pandoras and it'd be awesome to see "Production continues, 300 assembled" (but I understand everyone's all "rabble rabble queue position" etc), maybe how the new hires are going and if that ever happened(it might be somewhere, I only keep all the way up with this news forum)...but I saw the status page was updated today so that's cool. You should probably be sleeping...and soldering...(not concurrently please)...rather than posting useless news...but it'd be nice if for no other reason than to start these threads over at Page 1.

Peace and Pandora

Last edited by a moderator:

And you're a doctor or what ?

People are probably sick of waiting in the last months or even years. There was no comprehensive status in the past, reading thousands of posts made me sick too. However, this has become better in the last couple of months.

If you are sick of waiting, just wait a little more. The time has nearly come .. they *are* shipping to the first-batch'ers, don't forget, at least a hundred or so a week is possible now, so its really, really, almost .. time .. for you ..

Of course, its easy for me to say, I've had my Pandora for a while now (and love it dearly), so I can only really be smug about it, unfortunately. But you will really love it when it arrives! And it should arrive soon! Please be a little positive! One more exclamation mark!

I am cured now after I cancelled, quite easy to be honest. What's sick is that my 270 Euro refund will be a Pandora sold for that ridiculous Premium price... Oh well, whatever. fuck this

If you are sick of waiting, just wait a little more. The time has nearly come .. they *are* shipping to the first-batch'ers, don't forget, at least a hundred or so a week is possible now, so its really, really, almost .. time .. for you ..

Of course, its easy for me to say, I've had my Pandora for a while now (and love it dearly), so I can only really be smug about it, unfortunately. But you will really love it when it arrives! And it should arrive soon! Please be a little positive! One more exclamation mark!

lol "time has nearly come" for the last 2 years. Really really almost ...maybe, trust me.

I'm curious. Is the work flow steady? how many units per week? 100-200?

(edit: spelling)

Last edited by a moderator:
How in hell does this topic generated into bigotry?
Hi! Welcome to the internet. Let me show you around. ;)

As a community with a shared interest, we should really be above this sort of thing. It's a shame. It's not the worst forum in the universe, but I've been a member of far more rewarding communities. In fact, I don't remember any of this tomfoolery from ~2005 on GP32x =( Perhaps I'm looking at the past through rose tinted glasses... but as lovers of the Pandora, all, can't we just get along?

Not much, but then again, we didn't have the makers of the device right on the boards ready to be shouted at, did we? (or you - If I remember correctly I didn't join until 2006). Also, we hadn't waited 2 years for our GP2x to ship. Not that I think that is reason to go off on the flamey end, myself, but I'd still say there's a difference.

And also, there was TelcoLou ready to shove GG Allin in your face if you misbehaved :)

Back