1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

The grand day is nearing (2011-12-12)

Discussion in 'Pandora News' started by EvilDragon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. F_Slim

F_Slim IDDQD

You say it like it's a bad thing ... I thought this is has always been the main idea behind the whole project?

2. neko

neko I haz 300 posts

The MacBooks have a plastic part on the side where the WiFi antenna is.  That would mean a new PCB layout and new moulds... The cost of this is too much.

3. headcrash

headcrash Still Fresh

would it be possible to lead the antenna out of the case and build a copper pandora-symbol with it ?

gretings

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
  4. T.T.

T.T. Master of Lightning

not unless the logo shape is tuned to the right frequency, which is highly unlikely

5. Darkknight512

Darkknight512 Member

That would be quite an interesting idea, wonder if anyone has tried that before.

A tuned logo, I like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  6. Link

Link ithic.com

Best of luck tomorrow and this weekend on your test drive ED! I'm sure you'll keep us updated as usual. Thank you for not giving up on the project!.

7. Grench

Grench Hardcore Member

If you're dreaming of an aluminum case anyway - why not scale the Pandora logo to 'antenna size' - effectively making it a pair of Antennas (bluetooth & 802.11g). Have those laser cut out of the lid - and a snap-in or melt in insulator between the case and a pair of aluminum antennas that set into it. The logo becomes two antennas (with a tiny split in the logo for wherever the proportional need is for 802.11g and bluetooth tuned bits.

Of course - this alone could take months of tuning and testing.

8. FaeMinx

FaeMinx Rainbow Liberation Instigation

But it would look absolutely gorgeous! And IMHO would be the sexiest handheld ever made...

... but i'm fully aware my taste only watches the mainstream from a distance...

Perhaps something to concider for the P2? I think I would rather have the Aluminum case than the latest and greatest processor...

9. headcrash

headcrash Still Fresh

I think the focus for the pandora should be endurance. endurance of the material used for production and endurance of support. Most gadgets are supposed to be used for 3 years maximum. I would like to have spare parts, batteries and so on in 5 years also.

greetings

10. Msquared

Msquared Still Fresh

Oooh, yes. +1!

Now that is definitely something I would consider, if it were possible!

11. Binky

Binky Death's Steed Staff Member

Perhaps sell tough replacement cases, as a big, strong case will make the overall device bigger, which would put some people off.