All the nubs are there! (2011 - 01 - 11)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, yes, you read right: The nubs have been finished a week earlier than planned... and that means: CircuitCo now has ALL THE NUBS needed to finish Batch 1!

Let's hope they continue to produce in lightspeed as they started two weeks ago.

Some good news for everyone who ordered from me (GP2X Shop):

The first ones (about 40) of the new units should arrive tomorrow, the next ones have already been shipped today.

So expect some shipping emails within the next days :)

As some people asked, I setup a donation account. You can find the relevant info on the official page.

This is no "Hey, we want mooooore of your money!" - it has been setup as quite a few people asked me how and if they can donate to the project.

And no worries, we will force no one to donate :)

Well, that's it for the news. We're waiting for more updates from CircuitCo and schedules now that they have all the nubs.

You can be sure we'll inform you as soon as we have more information :)

Great news, are they going to start making the nubs for batch two or are they going to take a break in between?

EDIT: ED it´s 2011 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME news Ed!

So what else does Craig still need to complete the remaining 4000 units(not counting the boards of course)? Have the remaining cases arrived? How many more lcd cables are required, ect?

Chris

EDIT: ED it´s 2011 ;)

Damn, I always need months to realize a new year has started :D

So what else does Craig still need to complete the remaining 4000 units(not counting the boards of course)? Have the remaining cases arrived? How many more lcd cables are required, ect?

Cases, which will be shipped any day now.

LCD cables should all be done except for me having to solder them all :)

Then there are about 200 - 300 LCD cables we broke from the very beginning, however, as we didn't sell all 4000, this shouldn't be an issue, but we also need to get new ones ASAP.

i thought they were already being sent by boat :-O (cases i mean)

Then there are about 200 - 300 LCD cables we broke from the very beginning, however, as we didn't sell all 4000, this shouldn't be an issue, but we also need to get new ones ASAP.

Huh?? I was always under the impression (read: you told us) that people from the beginning of Batch 2 would be bumped forward into Batch 1 as there were more cancellations. So doesn't that mean the 4000 are filled?

Cases, which will be shipped any day now.

Can you please verify: the remaining 1000 cases will be shipped from China to Craig's, and you won't be using the new assembler for any of these? Will you be switching eventually? When?

Also, could you please update us on the status of the TV-out cables? Thanks.

^

I think there were 100 units or more held for RMA. There were also 1 Nubs and refurbs that Craig mentioned about Ebay.

Would love to know what's up with video cables too.

Great news on the nubage.

Awesome news :) . It seems you've also updated the status on the web pages. Makes me a happy camper :rolleyes:

Did you wake up early to tell us this or have you been soldering cables till past your bedtime again ;)

Don't know why, but this flashed through my mind while reading the title
laugh.gif

cats_nubs.png

First: Really Greate News whit the Nubs, this makes me Happy..

Second:40 Units??? Why?? Craigix did make 550 Units, you get 25% (1/4) = 136,5 Pandora, or dos only fit 40 Pandora at once in the Package????

Greate News at all, but i leaves some Questions..

All Our Pandora (beside 40) are belong to Craigix???

I believe 40 is the amount he has shipped out to customers, with more on the way.

Great news that the nubs are finished, production is on fire

I've got two questions maybe someone can the answer these:

has craig already send some pandora (from the latest 550 ones) to his customers (does anyone had a shipping email),

and does craig still send shipping emails.

I'm courious because I orded my pandora on day 1 and according to Jacquelyn I'm in the queue between 400 - 500

so I'm hitting F5 very often (i'm glad the button still work :) ) but did not receive anything so far.

thnx

Sigma

Tengril, do it, they seem to have gotten their act together. And hopefully they can pump them out regularly now.

I would like to hear plans on batch 2 though.

For those of us with first-batch Pandoras, can we get the nubs replaced?

Back