A schedule? For real? (2011 - 02 - 24)

I was really hoping to have my Pandora by March so I could show it off at the gaming convention I hit every year. (The Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee, WI - check it out, it's huge!). But I'm around the 3100's, so I guess the chance is slim to none.

Actually, I had also hoped to have one before last year's convention... :)

My queue number is 1550-1650 and I haven't heard anything yet. Should be any day now, though. Hopefully we are getting a large batch of boards from CC.

Well, just to keep you guys updated, though you might probably be as happy about it as I am...

We haven't gotten a schedule. Michael was supposed to have a meeting by phone with CircuitCo today, but they never called and didn't reply to his email why they didn't call.

Before anyone gets scared now:

This doesn't mean that they're not producing. This has been their behaviour for months now, and as you all know, they still produced boards in January.

This is just to show you what we have to deal with here and why it's nigh impossible for us to give accurate dates and deadlines.

It's a bit sad, all we're asking for is some schedule and updates... that can't be that hard.

The company who produces the iControlPad boards replies to all questions within a few hours and gave us an accurate schedule of when the boards will be finished - and didn't miss their deadline.

Well, I'd love to have one of those Vodkas with bears now, may I? Or better a whole bottle... ;)

Guess things are fine as long as they keep sending us finished boards, but knowing when they will ship how many boards would certainly be way easier!

We will continue to push them and try to squeeze every bit of information out of them and keep you updated next week.

After all, the latest batch of boards we got earlier this week had VERY good soldered shoulder buttons, so the quality increases with each day.

WE won't give in here, that's a promise!

So, instead of being able to give you a proper schedule:

They spit out a random amount of boards at a random amount of time.

But as long as they keep spitting out boards, we can continue shipping units.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you that there is not really bad news since they are producing boards, however since you havn't told us how many boards they shipped this time I guess you're not really happy about the amount. I would guess you got around 250 new boards, true? It took them 2 weeks to do this which is disheartening since we all hoped that they could make 400-500 per week.

I'm sorry that I sound pessimistic, but we have all heard the story before many times. I'm being realistic when I say there's no way you can finish batch 1 before the end of march if CC doesn't speed up production immediatly.

I agree with you that there is not really bad news since they are producing boards, however since you havn't told us how many boards they shipped this time I guess you're not really happy about the amount. I would guess you got around 250 new boards, true? It took them 2 weeks to do this which is disheartening since we all hoped that they could make 400-500 per week.

I haven't asked Craig yet how many boards he got, so I don't really have an idea ;)

Craig has been very busy with both Pandora and iCP while I've been busy with real life and Pandora stuff myself, so we haven't had much chances to talk ;)

I'm sorry that I sound pessimistic, but we have all heard the story before many times. I'm being realistic when I say there's no way you can finish batch 1 before the end of march if CC doesn't speed up production immediatly.

Well, what should I say?

We WILL continue to push them, we WILL do all we can to make them work on the boards... it's just sad that we even need to do this, they should simply give us a schedule and produce according to it, as every other production companies does.

That would save us a lot of hazzle - and we wouldn't have to bug them daily.

We WILL continue to push them, we WILL do all we can to make them work on the boards... it's just sad that we even need to do this, they should simply give us a schedule and produce according to it, as every other production companies does.

Let me know if you need someone local to... pay them a visit... ;-)

I haven't asked Craig yet how many boards he got, so I don't really have an idea ;)

Craig has been very busy with both Pandora and iCP while I've been busy with real life and Pandora stuff myself, so we haven't had much chances to talk ;)

Well, what should I say?

I know, I support you all the way and I think you're doing a fantastic work. It just seems like CC doesn't prioritize the Pandora, which is sad.

Well, I'd love to have one of those Vodkas with bears now, may I? Or better a whole bottle... ;)
I hope you're not :D it's not time for this now ;) let's drink barells of vodka but in Day-of-Celebrate-All-Pandoras-Shipped :lol: !

huh? :rolleyes:

I hope you're not :D it's not time for this now ;) let's drink barells of vodka but in Day-of-Celebrate-All-Pandoras-Shipped :lol: !

huh? :rolleyes:

No worries, I'm not the drinker ;)

But it's really really exhausting sometimes.

But it's really really exhausting sometimes.

we are all aware of this, but think about what you are achieving!!!!!

you are living the first days of a future multinational :eek:

Microsoft has begun like the pandora fundation, a lot of orders and a lot of work in a little storehouse :D

The company who produces the iControlPad boards replies to all questions within a few hours and gave us an accurate schedule of when the boards will be finished - and didn't miss their deadline.
Given the outright sabotage that CC have done to the project - shouldn't you be moving production to the company thats making the iControlPad boards? I can't understand companies like CC if they'd been good they'd have had the iControlPad business too I'm guessing - as it is I can't see how they deserve continued pandora business....

Given the outright sabotage that CC have done to the project - shouldn't you be moving production to the company thats making the iControlPad boards? I can't understand companies like CC if they'd been good they'd have had the iControlPad business too I'm guessing - as it is I can't see how they deserve continued pandora business....
Pandora has a complex 8-layer board with tiny BGA pads to solder, not every board company can do this. iCP boards are much more simple.

Pandora has a complex 8-layer board with tiny BGA pads to solder, not every board company can do this. iCP boards are much more simple.

Yes, I've asked the company who did the iCPs, they cannot do PoP.

They could produce the boards (it's their main profession), but would need to outsource population.

If it was easy to move the production somewhere else within a few weeks and even pay a bit more but have it reliable and fast, we would do so... we're still looking and have some promising looking companies, but until they are ready, we need to hope CC will continue to produce boards.

Well, I'm sure they will, as they also did so in the last weeks, but I'd appreciate it if they would do it more reliable and give us some schedule.

If I may ask.

How many units have you shipped? And how many orders do you have total?

If I may ask.

How many units have you shipped? And how many orders do you have?

Until now, I shipped about 350 orders of about 700. 60 units still here to be checked and shipped.
60!?

That means... One of those are mine!

ED please hurry!

I'm oh so tired of waiting patiently... please ED!

Is it more money? More help? Whatever it is.. I'm willing to do anything.

Help me help you :(

Back