All the nubs are there! (2011 - 01 - 11)

@Craigix: Do you have some Boards on your Place today?

Yes, CC delivered this week. CC are pretty good now certain people higher up got involved.

Are those the next 500 that EvilDragon was speaking of recently? Any news on a schedule from CC yet, that may give me more confidence in a done by March estimate?

Thanks.

If Craig produces 500 each week, and if there is 1600 already produced, and if there is 4000 in batch 1, then:

(t = time in weeks)

1600 + 500t = 4000

500t = 2400

t = 4.8 weeks OR 33.6 days to finish batch one assuming there is no interference.

That's assuming that CC can produce at 500/week (seems like they've only been doing about half that number), that the rest of the cases arrive on time (unlikely, if they'll be needed in 3 weeks), and don't require additional assembly time.

The past couple of weeks also doesn't look like Craig's been doing 500 each week.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Craigix: Do you have some Boards on your Place today?

Yes, CC delivered this week. CC are pretty good now certain people higher up got involved.

Are those the next 500 that EvilDragon was speaking of recently? Any news on a schedule from CC yet, that may give me more confidence in a done by March estimate?

Thanks.
yay this board supports pyramid posts!?

Yes.

The past couple of weeks also doesn't look like Craig's been doing 500 each week.
Reading between the lines of Craigix's tweets, I think he can do around 500 lids a week, or install about 500 boards, test and ship a week:

Fri 7th Jan - "...trying to get all 550 built for midnight" (note built, not packed and sent out, and possibly not tested)

Thu 13th Jan - "New challenge for the end of the week - will we have shipped the full 550 units? Next week we're building LCDs..." (meaning the units from the previous week, I assume)

Mon 17th Jan - "Tomorrow we start building another 500 units" (I'm taking that to mean lids, although by now another 500 boards should have arrived)

Since then, radio silence. Actually it looks like it may be around 500 lids a week, 500 boards or 500 shipped. Damnit, I was working up to a two months gag and that overshoots us!

Reading between the lines of Craigix's tweets, I think he can do around 500 lids a week, or install about 500 boards, test and ship a week:

Fri 7th Jan - "...trying to get all 550 built for midnight" (note built, not packed and sent out, and possibly not tested)

Thu 13th Jan - "New challenge for the end of the week - will we have shipped the full 550 units? Next week we're building LCDs..." (meaning the units from the previous week, I assume)

Mon 17th Jan - "Tomorrow we start building another 500 units" (I'm taking that to mean lids, although by now another 500 boards should have arrived)

Since then, radio silence. Actually it looks like it may be around 500 lids a week, 500 boards or 500 shipped. Damnit, I was working up to a two months gag and that overshoots us!

It's currently being done as 500 lids/week then 500 units built and shipped/week.

So it's 250 a week. We can probably go faster if CC can build faster.

It's currently being done as 500 lids/week then 500 units built and shipped/week.

CC can take their time as long as the cases aren't in England. That's the new (old) bottleneck.

CC can take their time as long as the cases aren't in England. That's the new (old) bottleneck.

Not really, I have over 1000 cases here.

Well ok, if the cases arrive in the best case scenario of 28 days (that is fastest right?) they won't become a bottleneck as long as CC keeps producing at the same speed.

But no need for them to speed up at the moment. Although it would be nice if there would be loads of boards waiting for those cases.

A friend of mine presents a tv program and writes reviews for their website about gadgets. I forced him to do a preview on the Pandora. :) Hopefully it will be accepted and will drive some more customers to you.

I'll provide a link when/if it gets put online. It'll be in Dutch though. :p

Well ok, if the cases arrive in the best case scenario of 28 days (that is fastest right?) they won't become a bottleneck as long as CC keeps producing at the same speed.

But no need for them to speed up at the moment. Although it would be nice if there would be loads of boards waiting for those cases.

A friend of mine presents a tv program and writes reviews for their website about gadgets. I forced him to do a preview on the Pandora. :) Hopefully it will be accepted and will drive some more customers to you.

I'll provide a link when/if it gets put online. It'll be in Dutch though. :p

The cases are coming in to Hull which means I can drive and get them. I suspect they will be here faster than 28 days (just from my experience of shipping).

With the 550 added to it, how many have been delivered to customers? I'm around 1900-2000, so I hope my pandora will come soon :)

[Craigix/]The cases are coming in to Hull which means I can drive and get them. I suspect they will be here faster than 28 days (just from my experience of shipping).

If they're coming into Hull they will probably be trans-shipping via somewhere like Rotterdam which will add a few days. If you know the vessel name or have the B/L number you can track it on-line.

Lol I think Craig knows what he's doing. Nice quote tagging btw

If they're coming into Hull they will probably be trans-shipping via somewhere like Rotterdam which will add a few days. If you know the vessel name or have the B/L number you can track it on-line.

Lol I think Craig knows what he's doing. Nice quote tagging btw
Sure, Craig is an expert on everything, even more than those that do it for a living.

p.s For your information I posted it while still in bed using my phone trying to delete the huge mountain of previous quotes attached and the editing facilities were rather limited. But thanks anyway for your feedback.

What happened to prebuilding all the lids back when the cases arrived?

If you could go faster if CC could build faster, then wouldn't that mean you could build up a surplus of lids while you're waiting for the next set of boards from CC? Then you'd be able to ship out after the boards arrive even more quickly.

If Craig produces 500 each week, and if there is 1600 already produced, and if there is 4000 in batch 1, then:

(t = time in weeks)

1600 + 500t = 4000

500t = 2400

t = 4.8 weeks OR 33.6 days to finish batch one assuming there is no interference.

I'm saying the end of March to be on the safe side (yes for once I'm not tempting fate.)

Still, that does = two months! The curse.

I'm really just racing the 3DS.

So if it's really only 250 a week, that means it'll take 9.6 weeks (let's round to 10), assuming we're at the 1600 mark, already. (are we?) That put us around the beginning of April for the last Pandoras shipped, or at the minimum solidly in the final stages of March.

So that estimate doesn't sound so much on the safe side, and to be honest I'm not sure how you plan on finishing before the 3DS, though I'd love to see it happen.

my position is suppose to be between 1150-1250, that is by the law 4-3 1534-1667, and no... i didnt receive any email, and i didnt found any post telling about he/she received the email being over the 1000 position in the craigix queue.

i suppose any pandora was send this week, and the 500 will be shipped next week.

then... from this i can say 2 things, than yes, i dont think neither that will be all the pandoras shipped before the n3ds, and that i am getting crazy checking the forums to read about new emails of shipped pandoras. :p

I will guess that Craig assumes CC will get better at their production, the same way he and his crew has, and that 250 a week will get to 500 a week before they reach the 4000.

I wouldn't count on the personally, but it would be nice.

Chris

When people compare console releases, they generally consider when the first units get out to people. You could arguably dismiss the first 900 pandoras, but OPT have been shipping production quality Pandoras for about a month now. When did Nintendo start with the 3DS again ;)

Back