Quick summary of the last week (2011 - 02 - 01)

Be patient.

You should better feel lucky beeing on the queue, OP is an amazing device. Just received it, such possibilities ^^'.

What Open Pandora needs to do is raise capitol which shouldn't be hard given the unmet demand for Pandora. Have a bunch of Pandora 2s made in Shenzhen with updated hardware specs and meet the massive demand that's out there for a capable open heandheld. It would totally outsell anything made by Gemei or GPH.

Be patient.

You should better feel lucky beeing on the queue, OP is an amazing device. Just received it, such possibilities ^^'.

Unfortunately, the first batch is already sold out - but fear not: There is a chance of getting a unit RIGHT away, within the next 7 days!

What Open Pandora needs to do is raise capitol which shouldn't be hard given the unmet demand for Pandora. Have a bunch of Pandora 2s made in Shenzhen with updated hardware specs and meet the massive demand that's out there for a capable open heandheld. It would totally outsell anything made by Gemei or GPH.

They've discussed this already, OPT wants to keep control of the pandora and not be at the mercy of investors.

Anyone who agreed to pay for this should have recognized that this project is not being produced by some large corporation; so yes, we can't really expect a large customer service regiment able to bend at a whim to every one of each user's complaints, unfortunately. On the other hand, we don't have to worry about OPT closing the device then suing the brilliant hacker who managed to crack their incompetent security locks, then go on a frenzy passing dmca takedowns as far as the eye can see, while accidentally publishing the cracked code on an official twitter (*cough* sony *cough*)

You gain something then lose something with projects like the openpandora. You might lose the large instant-gratification you have with mass producing companies; but, luckily, you gain freedom from the insanity that are corporations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it should have invisible electricity hands which can reach out and strangle people at my command.
Okay, but why invisible? Surely the peasants would fear your reign of terror more if they could see the terrible electricity lashing out at their brothers and sisters, their cries for mercy barely discernible below the violent howling arcs of death.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I didn't order a Pandora ...

Yeah. Enough said. It's you who needs to take your head out of your ass, you enter like any other total noob pretending to have some new perspective and insight into this matter that all these "idiots" who've had their money in for years never thought about. What a fine display of superfluous arrogance, please have a stay, this community needs more pottymouths with blinders.

Full Metal 'PNDpatience Shattered Straight' Jacket....

"This is my Pandora. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Pandora is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Pandora is useless. Without my Pandora, I am useless. I must file my Pandora true to ED's video. I must shoot straighter than my enemy leftist nubs allow, who are trying to get me killed. I must shoot with em before they mis-shoot for me, to spite my nubs of unwillingness. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my Pandora and myself are defenders of my countries manufacturing prowess and innovation by invention, we are the masters of our enemy corporations, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy corporations, but Pandora & peace. Amen."

Surely the Gun Metal will bork the wi-fi though?

The double screen idea just isn't retro enough though, so how about a gull wing triple screen? With a slightly larger hinge assembly allowing for a L and R screen with rear speakers in the casing, when opened up to just 90 degrees they'll form the sides of Pandoras Box, or at 180 the letter T, 'cos even Mr T agrees its a cool letter.

Of course at 90 the stylus wont fit in for touchscreen useage and the xStylus is like the plank on pee-wees ass to stop himself falling in. Therefore we'll need to commission Elton to come up with a gStylus with just the right curvature to hit the correct spots.

A hacky solution can be had with cutting your tip off and using a little Sugru as first aid, or simply immersing your tip in boiling water for awhile. Just trying that now and its shown me a range of potential case colours to match it with already but is now turning the favoured default black.

Pandora 2 should have a gun metal metal case

Pandoras don't kill people. Waiting for Pandoras kills people.

It would seem this is the case and will drum up further publicity if done publicly and without remorse.

At this moment I can feel a presence in the force about my neck and shall desist......

Full Metal 'PNDpatience Shattered Straight' Jacket....

"This is my Pandora. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Pandora is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Pandora is useless. Without my Pandora, I am useless. I must file my Pandora true to ED's video. I must shoot straighter than my enemy leftist nubs allow, who are trying to get me killed. I must shoot with em before they mis-shoot for me, to spite my nubs of unwillingness. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my Pandora and myself are defenders of my countries manufacturing prowess and innovation by invention, we are the masters of our enemy corporations, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy corporations, but Pandora & peace. Amen."
Amen.... now lets have a moment of silence while we wipe our tears during this emotional moment.

Yeah, well, I want my Pandora, and I want an answer from a member of the OPT. I paid for a piece of hardware, not to be a member of a 'community.' Community spirit is free.

I'm sick of waiting. I'm sick of the lack of news. I'm sick of being told there's more waiting. I'm sick of not having received what I paid for. And I'm sick of getting replies from people other than the OPT. If I was buying a EEE netbook, I wouldn't be expecting answers from other users as to why I haven't got it; I'd expect answers from Asus.
Oh if you insist a little bit more, you'll get an answer from Craigix alright. Probably not the one you're expecting though :blink:

I think it should have the voice of the original series Cylons from Battlestar Galactica. :)
Obviously the voice has to be customizable, a number of defaults to choose from (I also suggest the computer from ST:TNG) and plugin compatible for even more voices.

I vote for HAL 9000.

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that"

It helps it you're called Dave, mind you.

Awesome news from ED. I do enjoy seeing lots of faces popping up in the various 'just got my Pandora' threads :)

I think it should have the voice of the original series Cylons from Battlestar Galactica. :)
Obviously the voice has to be customizable, a number of defaults to choose from (I also suggest the computer from ST:TNG) and plugin compatible for even more voices.

If we're going to have KITT, we just HAVE TO have Feeny from Boy Meets World. :lol:

Back