Just to let you know we're not dead (2011-08-16)

For those that still don't have their Pandora, anyone knows if it's possible to move a first batch preorder to the second batch?
I don't know why you would want to do this? EvilDragon has said that currently waiting first batch preorders would get the DM3730 as well if they decided to go with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about RMA's who are waiting on a replacement Pandora? Would they be slotted into an upgraded Pandora as well? That would be an awesome consolation prize to say the least. Could we e-mail ED or Craig and express our wishes to have our replacement fulfilled with an upgraded unit, and thus let other RMA replacements who don't care about an upgrade get fulfilled before us?

What about RMA's who are waiting on a replacement Pandora? Would they be slotted into an upgraded Pandora as well? That would be an awesome consolation prize to say the least. Could we e-mail ED or Craig and express our wishes to have our replacement fulfilled with an upgraded unit, and thus let other RMA replacements who don't care about an upgrade get fulfilled before us?

I wouldn't be surprised if they use whatever they end up squeezing out of cc as rma material.

For those that still don't have their Pandora, anyone knows if it's possible to move a first batch preorder to the second batch?
I don't know why you would want to do this? EvilDragon has said that currently waiting first batch preorders would get the DM3730 as well if they decided to go with that.

There is nothing fixed yet, it's just an idea.

I justed posted a big new update explaining things.

IF we go for it, then the ones still waiting for their unit would get the new CPU as well.

That's what I'm trying to achieve!

Simple, the key statement here is "the ones still waiting", I believe that my preorder is probably one the next ones to be sent, as such I will already have my pandora (old one) when these new units start to appear. If I move to the 2nd batch, I'm will get one of the new ones for sure, I've already waited 2.5 years an extra Two Months is nothing.

this is increadibly wishfull thinking, if you have had a unit which needs repairing I doubt very much with will provide you with an upgraded model; If they did it would be too much of an incentive for people to be "RMA"ing there devices for a free upgrade and it would also be a bitch slap to those who have working pandoras.

this is increadibly wishfull thinking, if you have had a unit which needs repairing I doubt very much with will provide you with an upgraded model; If they did it would be too much of an incentive for people to be "RMA"ing there devices for a free upgrade and it would also be a bitch slap to those who have working pandoras.

Well if CC flops and productions falls solely on Germany, and OP decides to go for the updated hardware, I don't see how you can avoid the situation of replacement units for RMA's getting an unintentional upgrade. OP will either stick with the old hardware or go for the new, and if they opt for the new hardware there won't be Pandoras with the old hardware spec in a few months time. Replacement RMAs would have to be fulfilled with new hardware at that point, whether it is fair or not. My real question I guess is whether or not those waiting on a replacement unit (myself) could opt to wait for the new hardware standard if OP decides to go for it.

Unfortunately I don't see how OP can go for the upgraded hardware without hurting some feelings, yet I feel it is the right move considering how late this project is getting into customers hands. There was a time when ED and Craig went out of their way to ease fears that there'd be no functional hardware difference between Batch 1 and 2, but here we are... Ultimately, for the health of the project, updated hardware is the better option. If for some reason I had to just settle for the current hardware I wouldn't be upset. The Pandora the way it is right now is a dream come true. That being said, I'd chomp at the bit for a chance to get an even more powerful version, one that might have a snowball's chance in hell of smooth Saturn emulation. I know its been thrown around already but maybe a discount for Pandora owners of the original spec are in order.

Well if CC flops and productions falls solely on Germany, and OP decides to go for the updated hardware, I don't see how you can avoid the situation of replacement units for RMA's getting an unintentional upgrade. OP will either stick with the old hardware or go for the new, and if they opt for the new hardware there won't be Pandoras with the old hardware spec in a few months time. Replacement RMAs would have to be fulfilled with new hardware at that point, whether it is fair or not. My real question I guess is whether or not those waiting on a replacement unit (myself) could opt to wait for the new hardware standard if OP decides to go for it.

Unfortunately I don't see how OP can go for the upgraded hardware without hurting some feelings, yet I feel it is the right move considering how late this project is getting into customers hands. There was a time when ED and Craig went out of their way to ease fears that there'd be no functional hardware difference between Batch 1 and 2, but here we are... Ultimately, for the health of the project, updated hardware is the better option. If for some reason I had to just settle for the current hardware I wouldn't be upset. The Pandora the way it is right now is a dream come true. That being said, I'd chomp at the bit for a chance to get an even more powerful version, one that might have a snowball's chance in hell of smooth Saturn emulation. I know its been thrown around already but maybe a discount for Pandora owners of the original spec are in order.
yes but that would only be the case if it was something on the PCB that was faulty and as far as im aware that haven't been that many faulty PCB's only things like faulty cables or button membranes etc there were some wifi issues which is what CC are working on now.

but i dont think you would get the choice to wait for updated hardware as that wouldnt really be fair.

but in the end I guess that could heppen if you are still in warrenty and there is some sort of PCB fault which required the board being replaced and the only hardware they had to replace it was the new ones.

There's been a shortage of "Drama" on these forums for some time, looks like we just got it back with interest.

I'm finding it very, very difficult to care about the likelihood of some folks getting a 1Ghz Pandora next year. It's a nice bonus for anyone who does get one, but as people keep pointing out; anyone who has already bought and paid for their Pandora knew what they were getting. It's really not going to cause a software split, or community split, if anything the more Pandora owners it might attract will be massively beneficial to all of us.

You could say that OpenPandora owe those of us who have waited so long, and so patiently something to repay our dedication- but we've already paid way below the odds for our Pandoras, what more do you want?

I, for one, would much rather have a Pandora *now* than an upgraded one.

Back