Quick summary of the last week (2011 - 02 - 01)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the lack of updates - I was pretty busy as you might've guessed.

I was working on building and shipping Pandoras as well as on the OS - Hotfix 5 Beta 4 is out, and seems to be pretty stable already. We're nearing for a final here!

Okay, back to building the actual Pandoras:

Things are still progressing nicely. The 250 PCBs Craig received have almost been assembled and the next shipment from CC is already on the way.

It's not the 500 they predicted but 300 PCBs, which is also a nice amount.

Why only 300?

You might've seen some posts about non-working shoulder buttons (which can luckily easily be fixed by yourself).

The cases are fine - but the L/R buttons weren't soldered very accurate. This lead to a LOT of manual labour (sometimes we needed 5 - 10 minutes per unit to get them working properly). And even with that manual labour, some didn't work properly after shipping.

We told CC to be more careful and accurate here, as this is very important. Well, not only are they more careful from now on, they also resoldered the boards they hadn't shipped to us yet - therefore, only 300 boards were ready.

Production is still without any stall, and we're really happy we're able to continue to ship more and more units.

Over half of Batch 1 is already delivered, which is pretty cool!

As usual, I'll keep you updated, but as it seems, it's still a smooth ride (finally) and no bigger issues occured.

Awesome news, if over half of batch 1 has been delivered, I should be getting my Pandora sooner than I thought.

By delivered do you mean, shipped to customers, or delivered as in waiting to be assembled in the UK?

Awesome news, if over half of batch 1 has been delivered, I should be getting my Pandora sooner than I thought.

By delivered do you mean, shipped to customers, or delivered as in waiting to be assembled in the UK?
The latter.

Also, ED, if you read this you mightwant to change this page on the official website with the new ordering system: Preorder 2nd Batch

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Over half seems great! I am in the 3000 range so I should be looking forward to my unit one of these weeks shipping out. Great job team!

Ok, now I'm really going to start checking my email ...

*waits for the drama queens*

You usually punctuate your sentences. What's different now? In nearly everything you've posted in the past, you've used proper grammar and spelling. I don't see why that would suddenly change without cause.

And as for you being 'sick': how can one be sick and still have the ability to test and flash Pandoras as well as browse the forums? It just doesn't make sense, 'Craig'. Remember back in '07 when you were sick? I doubt that you were sick then, too.

It just doesn't add up.

Wow, so the majority of the first half were first day pre-orders.

It is getting so close now, first day pre orderer at around 21.30 in the UK.

Trying not to check my email too much as it gets more and more difficult.

Is there any idea when the first day pre-orders will all be out?

??? there's already more than 2000 pandora's in the wild? it seems like I missed a lot of news lately... it's nice, almost one years ago i've been told that I was 2000+ in the queue...

wow, that's a bit scary, i was 1600-1700 in the line ! :ph34r:

but hell, i'm sure it will come soon now ! hopefully ! :)

Kisses

Mac

Great job guys! ED I hope you can bless us with another video, for old times sake, after you've finished working on HF5.

??? there's already more than 2000 pandora's in the wild? it seems like I missed a lot of news lately... it's nice, almost one years ago i've been told that I was 2000+ in the queue...

As shown in the first few reply's

ED means 2000 boards have been delivered to Craig's for assembly.

So not in the wild... yet.

Soon if assembly goes as well as expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

300 Boards is great, meybe the next delifery from CC is 500, and i get my unit soon...

I wants to begin to download the pnds when i get my email..

Downloading Whesnot and Wormux now, i hope i get my pandora long bevore the 2 pnds are getting updatet, 300mb isnt that smal to download every 2 weeks..

Wow, so the majority of the first half were first day pre-orders.

It is getting so close now, first day pre orderer at around 21.30 in the UK.

Yeah, definately.

I have about 600 - 700 orders, and over 400 were from the very first day.

Not yet - though don't forget that we didn't sell all 4000 from batch 1. You can never have a 100% success rate in production, you should also always keep some spare units for replacements, etc.

Also, along the long road, quite a few from Batch 1 asked for a refund (especially during that long 6 months stallment where there nubs had to be revised) and Batch 2-guys will fill their spot :)

So, with the current units shipped (and the boards that are at Craig's place and will be shipped soon), it's over half of the batch 1 users that will have their unit :)

wow, that's a bit scary, i was 1600-1700 in the line ! :ph34r:

Naaa, don't forget the 1/4th of units I get.

If 1600 units are in the wild, my shop got about 400 from them - and some one-nubbers who jumped the queue.

So Craig should be somewhere 950 - 1050 in his queue right now (just a guess from me).

But we're definately coming closer to your queue position each day :)

So, I'm around 1500 in line. And no Pandora. Guess I will never get one then.

Hm, why shouldn't you?

OK, would anyone from the OPT care to fill in the blanks ..

These figures should all relate to Batch 1 (of which we thought contained 4000 orders, but may not of course)

Total number of Pandora Orders in Craigs queue : ____

Total number of Pandora Orders delivered from Craigs queue : ____

Total number of Pandora Orders in EvilDragons queue : ____

Total number of Pandora Orders delivered from EvilDragons queue : ____

Total number of Pandora Orders in Fatihs queue : ____

Total number of Pandora Orders delivered from Fatihs queue : ____

Total number of "Other" orders : ___

Total number of "other" orders delivered : ___

If this information was published, it would make life a lot easier.

Total number of Pandora Orders in EvilDragons queue : about 600, I think (only Batch 1)

Total number of Pandora Orders delivered from EvilDragons queue : about 300 I think (only Batch 1)

Can only give estimations, as I forgot how many I got exactly as preorders (it was sooo long ago).

The orders are all in my shop system, together with WIZ, Caanoo, Accessories, etc. orders.

The not-yet-delivered orders have the status "Pandora Paid Preorder", but once I deliver it, it changes to "Complete", same status all other orders have.

So I can't figure out exactly how many I delivered already, I could only check how many there are left to deliver for me for Batch 1.

Back