Finalizing everything!

On your pre-preorder. Those first 200 units are reserved and will wait until the final payment has been done.

Presumably if you're going to use this preorder round to work out how many of what chips you can order, and it's not necessary for us pre-preorders to preorder at this time, you might need a way for us 200 to vote on what region chip etc. we'd like.

I thought clarna lent out money, which would make it anything but a full payment. Unless the full amount ends up with ED upfront that it. Which is dubious.

Klarna is a payment provider for different payment methods, Credit Card, Direct Debit, Pay with invoice after a certain time period, pay using flexible rate payment (you could order a 600 EUR Pyra and pay 10 EUR per month, if you like, or pay any other amount, with 2% per month rate).

I always get the full payment upfront, but Klarna is only available in Germany in my shop.

Pretty useful for expensive products :)

Presumably if you're going to use this preorder round to work out how many of what chips you can order, and it's not necessary for us pre-preorders to preorder at this time, you might need a way for us 200 to vote on what region chip etc. we'd like.
As a pre-pre-order, all you need to do is order the unit you want and use the pre-pre-order voucher as payment.

There's no hurry for you, as you guys already reserved your unit :)
I've got no pre-pre-order voucher and still pay more attention than you, @levi ;P

I find it still unbeliefebel, i mean i will get the 28th Mass Produktion Pyra, so im under the first 30 Pyra Owners in the whole World..
The Pandora let you feel spezial because its small number of units sold, but this Time such a smal Serialnumber, thats something which is realy cool :)

Not so cool is, its could take some time until i can use it that easy as my Pandora, but i think i will get use to this..
Now whe need to keep sure, this Thing will realy happen..

On Pandora, i was too late for first batch, when i preeordered, and at this time, whe all thought it will be only two monts..
Therefore i ditnt bought me a Gp2X Device like the Wizz to have something to play whit and shorten the waitingtime..
But this time, i still have my CC Pandora..

No whe have to wait until 1st Mai (Day of Work in Germany, where whe normaly get Work Off, but this Time its Sunday :( )
But some of us dit a preepreeorder last yeahr..

Not sure if this was answered somewhere else but are the nubs replaceable?

I am thinking about this because my the nub my old PSP fell off and I need to replace it now.

ED: You should ask klarna what the limit is on loan-forwarding beforehand.

It sounds like a quick way to get loans outside of regular bank scrutiny, which leads me to believe it has been exploited, and that klarna will freeze anything that is sudden and unprecedented.

Edit: If you send them something like "There will be an influx of orders for my product, and some may chose to fund it in its entirety"

Then maybe they add that as a note on your account or pre-unfreeze it.

NEO900 and UHK keyboard and a whole lot more similar projects hit snags on transferring funds for no reason.

Last edited:
@comradekingu : The flexible payment options can only be used automatically if the price it no more than 200€. If it's higher you have to sign a normal payment plan with Klarna. So it won't come out of knowhere for them.
And as ED said, you can only use that option from germany. And many people prefer to pay the money at once if they can afford it. So all in all, I would not expect too many people to choose this option.

I've got no pre-pre-order voucher and still pay more attention than you, @levi ;P
Wait, do you think he meant 'preorder voucher' when he said 'unit'? That might be a neat way of allowing us to make our vote, but using a pre-pre-order voucher to buy a pre-order voucher does strike me as a little counterintuitive. And it's not the interpretation of 'unit' I made.

ED: You should ask klarna what the limit is on loan-forwarding beforehand.

It sounds like a quick way to get loans outside of regular bank scrutiny, which leads me to believe it has been exploited, and that klarna will freeze anything that is sudden and unprecedented.

Edit: If you send them something like "There will be an influx of orders for my product, and some may chose to fund it in its entirety"

Klarna is a slimy company that makes their money on customers paying afterward. It's their entire business model, and I generally avoid them like the plague, as it in some online stores can be very difficult to place an order and pay it in the same instant.

Wait, do you think he meant 'preorder voucher' when he said 'unit'? That might be a neat way of allowing us to make our vote, but using a pre-pre-order voucher to buy a pre-order voucher does strike me as a little counterintuitive. And it's not the interpretation of 'unit' I made.
I have no idea if he means that one actually orders a certain pyra model and has to make the initial payment or if it's buying another voucher. But I wouldn't know how else to interpret that than that you got to make a decision regarding the model.
[doublepost=1461705725,1461705377][/doublepost]Klarna, paypal, credit cards ... Am I the only one left, that still has a bank account? And doesn't spend money not possessed?

My understanding from this thread somewhere (haven't checked) is that the next phase is a preorder voucher for 290EUR, and there will be different vouchers for different hardware specs.

Which still sounds like deciding on a model ;)

Well, if I'm not mistaken, @Silent-Hunter 's question is still unanswered, in which he asked when you've got to use your first voucher. But I think we all feel it's got to be before the pyras are in stock, right? Hm, maybe your question ain't that superfluous yet.

Looks to me on second glance that ED is saying there won't be a limit, but he's personally predicting they won't get that many preorders for a device that's barely reached first release candidate prototype yet.

Looks to me on second glance that ED is saying there won't be a limit, but he's personally predicting they won't get that many preorders for a device that's barely reached first release candidate prototype yet.

Well, I'm always oversceptical. I also thought those 200 pre-preorders will never sell within a week (my guess was about 70 - 80)... I guess I was wrong here.

I'm rather expecting the worst, thinking about a backup plan already, and when it turns out a lot better, then I'm very happy :D

BTW:
It seems PayPal payment will not be possible for the preorders, I just received a reply from them.

It doesn't make sense though, as the reason was not particularly me or the product, but crowdfunding in general. According to PayPal, Crowdfunding is too risky so they can't support it.
The funny thing is that backing with PayPal is possible on Indiegogo...

So the Pyra is more risky if I crowdfund it myself, but less risky if I crowdfund it via Indiegogo...? Aaah... yes, makes perfect sense :D

So the Pyra is more risky if I crowdfund it myself, but less risky if I crowdfund it via Indiegogo...? Aaah... yes, makes perfect sense
Only when you use PayPal. Using PayPal automatically makes every transaction several times more risky: there's a very good chance they'll just decide to freeze your account for 6 months with no chance of appeal. That's a risk I don't think you should take :p

BTW:
It seems PayPal payment will not be possible for the preorders, I just received a reply from them

Ah... That's rough.. What would my options be in terms of making sure I am able to get a pre order in? (US purchaser here)

Back