Updates in all areas, spiced with case renders

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Broadcom wifi card in my netbook and it worked perfectly in Linux.  It worked way better than the 3DSP card I replaced.

My experience with broadcom stuff has been 50/50 (one working one not) but then if you are a hardware developer with at least a plausable few thousand possible sales you are likely to get better support than some lone guy battering his head against his laptop...

I always had to use Windows drivers for Broadcom stuffs on Linux, but them worked.

It would be vulcanly /logical/ for such an open device as the Pyra. Just like the Fx0 with Firefox OS or Zero Cool's laptop in 'Hackers' movie. I could definitly 'sell one of my kidneys' for such a case. ;=)
I just rewatched the film to be sure and if you mean the laptop he's using towards the end at the phone booths, it looksk rather plain black/dark-grey Mac laptop of the era. Maybe you were thinking of the transparent laptop the Acid Burn had? That one stood out much more than any others and is what ED's transparent render reminds me of :)

It would be vulcanly /logical/ for such an open device as the Pyra. Just like the Fx0 with Firefox OS or Zero Cool's laptop in 'Hackers' movie. I could definitly 'sell one of my kidneys' for such a case. ;=)
I just rewatched the film to be sure and if you mean the laptop he's using towards the end at the phone booths, it looksk rather plain black/dark-grey Mac laptop of the era. Maybe you were thinking of the transparent laptop the Acid Burn had? That one stood out much more than any others and is what ED's transparent render reminds me of :)
http://starringthecomputer.com/appearance.html?f=133&c=21

As seen in the last 2 pics at the bottom of the page (or did someone already clarify?).

Has there ever been any plans of integrating a camera? If so, would the hardware be capable of running Skype on it smoothly?

Hardware is theoretically capable of running skype via some x86 emulator. There is not going to be a camera but webcams are cheap and small these days.

Has there ever been any plans of integrating a camera? If so, would the hardware be capable of running Skype on it smoothly?
There may have been some thought of putting one in, but the idea was unanimously shot down by the community. Skype it's possible perhaps to run the X86 linux version with some kind of emulation layer like Exagear Desktop. Running it on Android may also be possible, but there is currently no plans of having a port of Android for the Pyra.

but there is currently no plans of having a port of Android for the Pyra.
Didn't there a build of Android that ran as an program with the OS on the Pandora? I know I've seen it in some Pandora videos before. Why wouldn't the Pyra have this also available?

Keep in mind the difference between officially supported and community supported.  

Frankly if I wanted android I'd stick with my more powerful tablet...

But let's face it yherez a bunch of stuff you just can't do comfortably with the chocolate factory spyware os

With "real" Linux on the go development is so much easier, add to that not having to suffer a virtual keyboard and when my s2 finally dies a nice feature free, calls and SMS only phone will probably replace it...

With "real" Linux on the go development is so much easier, add to that not having to suffer a virtual keyboard and when my s2 finally dies a nice feature free, calls and SMS only phone will probably replace it...
Good luck with that...  I haven't seen any phones available that weren't touch-screen based in some time...

- Neelix

Back