A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right i see further back in this thread that some people are still correcting other peoples grammar.

Im sick of this crap. THIS IS NOT A LITERARY FORUM!!! repeat after me!! NOT A LITERARY FORUM!!

THERE ARE FORUMS FOR SUCH THINGS. NO MORE PEDANTRY.

for some reason i thought you (ED) was partial owner of OP ltd. so if craig cant pull all this together OP is shot then?
They're two different companies selling the device. If Craig goes out there shouldn't be anything preventing EvilDragon from continuing to build more.Example: Hostess USA recently filed for bankruptcy but my Canadian flow of Twinkies continues uninterrupted because, while they have the same name and are producing basically the same product, Hostess USA and Hostess Canada are two different companies.

OpenPandora LTD and OpenPandora GMD (or whatever the correct acronym is) are the same but different.
so OpenPandora LTD and OpenPandora GMD sell Twinkies ? :D

PS: why are the quote boxes broken ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right i see further back in this thread that some people are still correcting other peoples grammar.
Im sick of this crap. THIS IS NOT A LITERARY FORUM!!! repeat after me!! NOT A LITERARY FORUM!!

I agree, Correcting grammar on an international forum is rather silly. Especially as it means ED would only be able to post after having his posts corrected by a native English speaker (with good grammar)

Another option would be to have one forum for the grammar nazis and one for the rest of us where we can type imperfect English whilst still perfectly understanding each other.

ED:    Now that the prices have dropped, how does this effect the formula to clear pre-orders?. ie how many sales are now needed to clear one pre-order etc.

**This last exception is the most important. If owners don't treat the LLC as a separate business, a court might decide that the LLC doesn't really exist and find that its owners are really doing business as individuals who are personally liable for their acts.

i went to OpenPandora.org to buy a pandora. i didnt go to craigsgonnaripmeoff.com or evildragonwillsitcomplacentlyby.com

::EDIT:: call me a god damned troll. i paid good money 4 years ago for this. go ahead and feed yourself your own line of crap. i hope your waiting just like me. ::insulting word that wont get me banned::
ME: And I waited since October 5th during the original preorder period. Making the defamatory postings you're making to get a rise out of people is trolling. If you have actual evidence of fraud, then go with it to the authorities, other wise, stop trolling.

The only reason I have my unit is because people didn't shut down the project with the sort of antics you're proposing

I appreciate the history. Typically when engaging a company for custom or unique parts like the nubs, you do an investigation into the financial health of the company, plans for business continuation, etc. When engaging a CM, the contracts need to be carefully reviewed and understood as to who is responsible to what and all conditions. In my last company we had our own manufacturing team that would work with major CMs to optimize the process for yield. We provided the test that had to be performed to validate good units, usually a functional test, not ICT. I'm not sure who was contractually responsible these or many other items. The board layout, stencil design, choice of solder paste and flux (etc.) can all effect yield on a product on a manufacturing line. There are so many other items that should be considered in manufacturing a product.

I'm not going to point fault as Ed, Craig, or CC. I don't have enough information to make an educated determination of fault.

I've been off the boards for a little bit and this thread has exploded. So what is the real status? Has Craig bailed or is this the same old conjecture? All I know is that I have not received an acknowledgement of my last request from Craig.

doob
It's great if you happen to have the money for your own team of engineers, otherwise, you don't really have that option.

And yes, it's just the same Craig defrauded us conjecture. Neglecting of course that as a Ltd, his company could just declare bankruptcy and he'd be out.
I would not consider what I'm saying as the same as "Craig defrauded us" in any sense. I am saying that blaming CC, or nubs event, etc without more information. And I can't see how anything in the post would be taken as saying "defraud". I apologize if it comes across that way. I admit that one could possibly take what I said as they did not fully understand all the ins and outs of how to deal with manufacturing vendors to maintain a reliable production/supply chain. But missing some details and due diligence items is really far from deliberate fraud.

And yes I agree that they don't have the availability of a team of engineers. All the more for needing a very good engineer and contract lawyer. Again, I know they can't afford those either. This just means more risks. All I was stating was that without more information I could not guess on fault, that is who did not comply with the contract. I do not expect it posted here and am not asking for it. I'm not a lawyer and likely could not interpret it properly.
ME: I didn't mean to imply that you were suggesting fraud. Merely that the Craig has left the project is similar to the Craig defrauded us idea, neither of which have any merit. Danged broken quotes.

Thanks guys, but please stop calling people trolls just because they want their rights, and because most can't get what is going on for real.

We can close this thread, but this will not HIDE the fact that Craig did not answer on legit question, instead  - he accused others...

All conclusions here are made from other people, and this is not normal way of doing it.

"Sorry people, I s*rewed up, I'll make my best to get things done" will be enough for most.

There are more things to say, but I'm already on "ignore list", so this is pointless.

"hush hush, don't make it public"... f*k that. Mediocre, false moral.

I agree, Correcting grammar on an international forum is rather silly. Especially as it means ED would only be able to post after having his posts corrected by a native English speaker (with good grammar)

Another option would be to have one forum for the grammar nazis and one for the rest of us where we can type imperfect English whilst still perfectly understanding each other.
The people who do this with grammar and spelling are the ones that

1. Have no real point with anything going on the actual form

2. Don’t have a leg to stand on with any of the arguments brought to them so they find something anything to try and detract from what’s actually going on.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jus1982b" data-cid="208723" I agree, Correcting grammar on an international forum is rather silly. Especially as it means ED would only be able to post after having his posts corrected by a native English speaker (with good grammar)<br />

</blockquote>

YOUR point is ironic, since it is usually the native English speakers who make these annoying errors. YOU'RE simply defending laziness and illiteracy. THERE is good reason to be tolerant of non-native speakers. THEIR posts in a second language require extra effort. Yet THEY'RE rarely using the wrong words to express what they mean.

See? It isn't that difficult. :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jus1982b" data-cid="208723" I agree, Correcting grammar on an international forum is rather silly. Especially as it means ED would only be able to post after having his posts corrected by a native English speaker (with good grammar)<br />
</blockquote>

YOUR point is ironic, since it is usually the native English speakers who make these annoying errors. YOU'RE simply defending laziness and illiteracy. THERE is good reason to be tolerant of non-native speakers. THEIR posts in a second language require extra effort. Yet THEY'RE rarely using the wrong words to express what they mean.

your a jackass.

Thanks guys, but please stop calling people trolls just because they want their rights, and because most can't get what is going on for real.
We can close this thread, but this will not HIDE the fact that Craig did not answer on legit question, instead  - he accused others...

All conclusions here are made from other people, and this is not normal way of doing it.

"Sorry people, I s*rewed up, I'll make my best to get things done" will be enough for most.

There are more things to say, but I'm already on "ignore list", so this is pointless.

When people start making up stories and drumming up support for law suits based upon defamatory claims that are completely lacking in supporting evidence, I'm not sure what else you would call it. There is presently no supporting evidence to the various claims of fraud being leveled against Craig. ED has even come in and specifically stated that there is no such fraud. And yet people keep trying to cause trouble and make it less likely that people will continue to receive their units.

I'm sorry, but if that's not trolling, it's ignorance far above and beyond the normal amount.

</blockquote>

I'm sorry, but that's a complete load. Just because some people around here have OCPD, does not make such harrassment legitimate. And the folks doing the grammer bullying are quite lucky that I'm not a mod here. Trying to legitimize it as other people being lazy, is particularly transparent cover being a jerk.

When people start making up stories and drumming up support for law suits based upon defamatory claims that are completely lacking in supporting evidence, I'm not sure what else you would call it. There is presently no supporting evidence to the various claims of fraud being leveled against Craig. ED has even come in and specifically stated that there is no such fraud. And yet people keep trying to cause trouble and make it less likely that people will continue to receive their units.

I'm sorry, but if that's not trolling, it's ignorance far above and beyond the normal amount.

</blockquote>

I'm sorry, but that's a complete load. Just because some people around here have OCPD, does not make such harrassment legitimate. And the folks doing the grammer bullying are quite lucky that I'm not a mod here. Trying to legitimize it as other people being lazy, is particularly transparent cover being a jerk.
1. Ed said not to his knowledge ( so not saying it's not happing, he just is not aware of it )

2. agree

I thought these comment quotes were fo0ked just on my phone, but seems to be on my desktop browser too....

...Wonder if it happened due to Ed enabling the 'Like This' button/feature?

EDIT: Just read in other posts that this problem seems to be the result of an update of IPboards

Why would you use a closed source product on the site of an open source product? Just makes me scratch my head a little.

/end of quote

Sorry, but people making some errors is just normal, specially in an international board. but what is intolerable is when people write in pseudo SMS style language and don't even take the time to check their own writing...

I think somebody wanted a summary of this entire thread?

• Some people can't spell properly, or use correct English grammar
  • Other people can't let people who can't spell properly, or use incorrect English grammar, not get chastised
  • A few people think suing a limited company which has no money and is most likely in debt works like multiplying minus numbers and magically makes money, and also have no idea that any money it might have would go on the whole legal process first, so they wouldn't see any of it anyway
  • A few other people think that law is the same in the UK as America/Insert Another Country Here, and actually probably don't even understand the law in their own country beyond what they read/misread on the internet, because they never actually studied law
  • Craig kind of, sort of, gave EvilDragon the numbers of his remaining order queues
  • EvilDragon is still trying his best to fulfill all pre-orders, but needs help generating new sales
  • Just when this thread looks like it is about to calm down, someone new pops up and repeats it all over again
  • An upgrade on this forum broke comments and bullet points, amongst other things

What did I miss out?

Yes, that pretty much sums it up, nothing to add to that really, so now please close this thread, 42 pages is a nice number to end with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back