That took a while...

Here's some colour edits based of the blue case, now I want a red one!
capture.jpg capture2.jpg capture3.jpg

i was so sure about getting a red one, and that no other color would do. now all colors look awesome, including the ones in @Kippykip's edits. damn. nothing can make this case look bad, even the silver one looks good :D

I wonder...

If a person built in a holder & valve for a small CO2 or NOX canister and a tiny solenoid valve
I am still wondering if drilling holes will help or hurt. I just want the thing in my hands so I can see if it is even a real issue.

As for colors, black and silver don't really appeal to me. The silver really reminds me of my Pandora, which is fun, though. The gold (or green) made me think of a limited edition Zelda Pyra. I don't like gold, but still cool...maybe someone can make a triforce logo plate for it. The blue looks much better in ED's pics, but still not for me. I wanna see blood! Red, that is.

If we don't get something between black and silver in the dark grey range I am voting for dark red or clear. I would REALLY like to have the plastic of a dark red case be dark red just in case of scrapes/wear/cracks/whatever.

My second tier choices still include "normal" red, beige, hot pink, and certain greens.

After having seen the pics I had an off the wall idea: Put a very slightly iridescent dark coating on matte black (purple to green, like those beetles, but not as noticeable). Maybe some sort of off black in a slightly red, blue, green, purple, copper, or brown would also look nice.
Here's some colour edits based of the blue case, now I want a red one!
View attachment 30503 View attachment 30504 View attachment 30505
Well, damn! Now I want to try to throw together a Varia Suit Pyra. Maybe we will get all the designer cases I need to make that happen.

Green AND purple! (In a mixture of case parts.) (But not the green in Kippykip's colour edits above. Needs to be a brighter green to go with purple!)

But I too would settle for a black / dark grey, and the blue of the current samples would make me very happy.

With coating it looks really good. Material flow marks are not visible. Black one looks imho very nice. Like... some retro stuff. It reminds me these old late-80s/early-90s Zenith notebooks whose designers wanted to be as modern as possible and made something with very rounded edges, especially in lid. On the other side I just can't imagine such small hardware as Pyra in rectangular shape of HP Omnibooks (2/5000ct line).

They're all in there. I filmed the unboxing :)

I also assembled the blue one in front of the camera - however, I am too tired to finish editing the video now. That has to wait until tomorrow :(

Whit "Tomorrow " you meant tomorrow as in "Mittwoch31.05.2017"
Or "Donnerstag 01.06.2017"
As you wrote this post on the morning of the 31.05..

Anyway, I looking forward for this Video, ditnt matter on which "tomorrow "

Back