Update regarding the cases (and some other things)

just what we need to combat global warming! though of course, with a few other (bad) side effects.

If you want the keymat in a warm beige, you'll have to be willing to buy 1000 of them. Perhaps you could get some friends to chip in... :)

-Neelix
What, you think me selfish? I really wouldn't mind, if everybody got that gorgeous warm beige keymat instead of a dull black one.

That thought honestly had not crossed my mind. I just wanted to let you know what you were in for if you were serious. I already asked ED about getting custom keymats printed. IIRC minimum order quantity is 1000, and I think he said the cost would come to ~$10 each. So if you really wanted to get such a keymat printed you'd have to raise about $10000.

-Neelix

That thought honestly had not crossed my mind. I just wanted to let you know what you were in for if you were serious. I already asked ED about getting custom keymats printed. IIRC minimum order quantity is 1000, and I think he said the cost would come to ~$10 each. So if you really wanted to get such a keymat printed you'd have to raise about $10000.

-Neelix

Woot, it's keyboard derailing time! I vote for swiss-french by the way!

-Neelix
I got, where you were getting at. That's why I suggested to just make it the standard. I guess the pyra will come with a keypad, won't it? :) And while we're at it, let's make Neo2 the layout for those.
(I cannot come up with the greatest and not wanna share)

why don't we have anybody stalking ED yet like i asked?

get someone else to video though, and have [ED] working on the pyra inside... and heavy breathing with the camera-person...

it would stop him from having to do the video work ;). excited for the cases to arrive!

Note - there was tweet news today about minor adjustments to the dpad. Apparently that was the last piece of the Keypad needing adjustment.

I like that we're seeing bits & pieces being finalized. Getting closer step by step.

Note - there was tweet news today about minor adjustments to the dpad. Apparently that was the last piece of the Keypad needing adjustment.

I like that we're seeing bits & pieces being finalized. Getting closer step by step.
I hope. Im getting genuinely itchy fingers for a pyra. I fear it will be some time more before mass production. Still, I wait.

I think he said they rounded the edges of the caps on the keyboard, so it probably won't help with itchy fingers.

IMO, black is the best choice for the standard keyboard since it will look decent with a wide variety of case colors.

Please send more keyboard discussion! :D
[doublepost=1495134242,1495134197][/doublepost]Oh, and case info/pics/videos. We really want those.

I still believe, that qwerty is right as a first choice, maybe other layouts will follow ... nobody knows, but its a different layout anyway compared to a N900 or others, so you will need some time to adapt, even if it would be swiss layout. Some time ago I thought the same, but meanwhile I'm even fine with qwerty instead of german, because the reachability of some special keys as ctrl or \ is far more important for usability in my opinion.

@CaseColor
maybe CamoGreen? (mixed different shades of green in inregular shapes)
also maybe added component which is not much color changing, but decreases chance of cracking of the case?
that "Military Case (TM)" would be nice

@Memory4GB_Bug
Very sad it is still not finally fixed... but if it goes nasty and needs some fiddling with PCB - please add 8GB-PAE version :)

Back