Just a quick heads up

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Looks like I get a view of mine already!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-12-26 12-40-55.png
    Screenshot from 2020-12-26 12-40-55.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 170

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Dont worry, my Pandora want get repainted, it will go on my Handheld Collectors Shelf, and i will put its ROM SD Card in the Pyra..
Im quite impressed because its survived that long in my Pants Pocket whit only a bit lost of paint..
The Pyra is meant to be more scratch Resistent, so it want look like the Pandora in 10 Years..

Reactions: rSl

λ the β-Redex Reducer

β-Redex Reducing Member
Matty, whatever you do, DO NOT get your Pandora re-painted. The patina of years and years of use and abuse is just beautiful.
I disagree. I think that Pandora looks better when it's not neglected as if it's waste but instead given the proper care that it deserves.

Do you also think that this:
looks better than this:
?

Does a queen look at her best when she neglects herself causing her to look like an old pauper? The Pandora is now the queen of portable computing and should be treated as such. Just because the king is about to arrive does not mean that the queen should be neglected.

My father has the same weird opinion in that he thinks that neglect makes things look good. I do not share that opinion at all and I'll probably treat my Pyra like the king of portable computing that it is.

Anyway, when will the first 900 Pyra's have been sent out? Is that known yet?

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I have to say I’m not that bother about the look of my Pandora,
I don’t think it’s abuse, it’s just used like i intended it :
Pandora/Pyra are for me Ideal Every Day Carry Handheld, because due to the Emulation I don’t have to carry extra Cartridges and got my whole Retro Games whit me, also it’s a whole Linux Computer, not that fast but enough power for my tasks, maybe a bit Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Twitter, Boards, and maybe ICQ if this still works..
I even carry a Amazon Kindle in my Pocket, I don’t know why but I need to have everything whit me..
Maybe it’s some sort of a tick?

The Pandora was in my Pocket since I got It around 2012 or so, i put it out when I bought the GPD Win, but put it back because the Win dit too many updates for a EDC Handheld although it was cool to have my Windows Games in the Pocket (Farming Simulator whit Unimog and GTA San Andreas) ,
Bevor I bought my first Smartphone it was the Device I used at MC Donald’s to surv the Internet, and I played a lot whit the Pandora when I was out ^^

It’s not a Collector’s Item, I bought to put it on my Shelf but a dayli used Computer

Send from something, i guess ^^

Kev2442

Still French
I too prefer the appeal of "factory new", but I get the appeal of patina. As long as it's functioning properly, it adds character, it's unique, it tells a story. You can see it has been used.

That was not a garage queen. It was a daily driver and it shows. It's not meant to display itself, but the owner.
If I ever get to own a classic car, I don't want a pristine specimen, I want one in good shape yet that I won't fear wearing out. These are functional objects : they're built to be used, not to sit around.