Just a quick heads up

Remind me on my Pandora Preeorder Days: when GPH Wiz and Canno where available, I still believed in the 2 Month (tm) release, so I never bought one of them.. I thought that it wouldn’t be worth for this short time..
although a Homebrew Handheld may where perfect to shorten the time..

Send from something, i guess ^^

If I ever get to own a classic car, I don't want a pristine specimen, I want one in good shape yet that I won't fear wearing out. These are functional objects : they're built to be used, not to sit around.

That's my classic. The engine has had everything imaginable done to it. The interior just a few niceties and period correct refits of super worn stuff. The paint is all original. It still looks decent, and I would be much more concerned about scratches if I repainted it with a high gloss.

Remind me on my Pandora Preeorder Days: when GPH Wiz and Canno where available, I still believed in the 2 Month (tm) release, so I never bought one of them.. I thought that it wouldn’t be worth for this short time..
although a Homebrew Handheld may where perfect to shorten the time..

Send from something, i guess ^^

Ah yes, I was in the same boat. Luckily my GP2X kept working until I got the Pandora.

Just retrieved the GP2X from my parent's home. It is not working after years stored, but I want to fix it if I have time.

Not even NES games? They tend to have a lot of repetition making the player do an easy part of the stage again for dying at a part that's much later into the game. And if you lose all lives you'll have to repeat an even bigger part of the game. Modern games luckily tend to not have this issue but NES games often do and therefore become much more fun once save states are used to retro-actively fix this issue.

Save states are nice, but using them this way really sucks the challenge out of many games.

Cheesing the original Zelda like this would suck all the fun out of the game considering that getting to the boss with enough hearts is often the challenge.

That said, some games are nearly unplayable due to how far they throw you back.

But, as they say, "With great power comes great responsibility," so it's really up to you to check yourself.

I was mostly thinking of Mega Man. I played the first 6 of them and made heavy use of save states to not have to repeat those levels over and over again. It would not have been a challenge after I could already beat it, it would just have been a time waster. Though I also used it in the past for a few SNES games.

NES games are notorious for being designed as if they're to be played on an arcade. On an arcade a system of lives and continues makes sense—especially if continues can be bought. But on a home console it's just annoying. They should ditch the live or continue system and just let players continue from where they died or shortly before that and incur some kind of penalty such as losing coins for the sake of challenge. This seems to be the direction that the industry has headed in.

Pyra: Wait Harder
dieharder.jpg

Synopsis: Professional mercenaries intercept the last shipment of ARM microchips to dominate the market. The microchips were destined to reach Micheal McClane, he was waiting for their arrival, and he's having none of that.

Review:
  • Poor bastards, they shouldn't have picked THAT shipment - Rotten Nubs
  • The plot is thin, but the explosions, action and dry humor is spot on! - MIDB
  • You won't read it in the newspapers, but this is the real reason the Pyra is late - Swordfish
  • With the 90% reduction of flights due to COVID, this is yet another way airports make money... by renting out to movie makers, sad. - anonymous critic
  • Jippee-ki-yay m**********r - Micheal McClane

Original: img
font Reisenberg

Last edited:
got the clear cases in. I was a bit worried as i rarely order things from that end of the planet [only other time was when perplex city was out. now THAT was a card game!] My estimation on the size was off by a little bit. thankfully its not gonna be much of a setback once i finalize my pyra/cyberdeck docking solution. This will help a lot with design 3 by far as the design uses the pyra as a hotswap system loaded as a cartridge.

Back