Tales of an Assembly

Hi all !

@EvilDragon : I'm #85 on the pre-pre-order list, I'll send you a PM about that.

Many thanks for all your hard work and time dedicated to this project :)

EDIT: PM sent ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam
Think that PM might be a tad premature as my understanding is only the first 23 mails have been sent out. Once Ed updates the thread here we can expect more mails. https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...-final-order-email-already.99284/post-1684746
I'm somewhere up near #129

Thanks for the Update, but what means "trying to OS Image "?
Compile? Building the Actual Flash SD Card??
Whe are still in the Range of the First Pyra in normal Customer Hand in 2020,
Its no pressure, it would be cool, but i can also use my Nintendo Handheld Box on Silvester Evening whit my Games from Gameboy till Switch.. ..
The next date to get my Pyra would then Saturday because friday is a free day in Germany (newyear)
Lets push the tumps for the OS Image today and maybe shipping of Pyra 28 tomorow..

Reactions: rSl
I'm guessing @docbroke meant testing. The OS image would be built and they'd be putting in into Pyras and seeing how they boot, charge, work, etc. And once they're satisfied the experience is good enough to let lay users use it without much tinkering, even if not optimal, they'd go on to fash Pyras and send them out. I don't know if they plan to put the OS image in an SD card. I thought they'd put it in eMMC to save the cost of a µSD card and have some sort of fallback for people experiments.

Ah ok makes sense, although i thoug the image will be put on maybe 5 SD Cards, they will be put in 5 Pyra like they dit whit the Pandora, then Just start the Pyra whyle pushing a button, and the Image will get save in the Nand as the Pyra OS..
These SD Cards want get shipped..

But it could also be there is some sort of flasher Software where the Pyra get connect via USB whyle it gets his first few mah in his Juice Tank..

Ah ok makes sense, although i thoug the image will be put on maybe 5 SD Cards, they will be put in 5 Pyra like they dit whit the Pandora, then Just start the Pyra whyle pushing a button, and the Image will get save in the Nand as the Pyra OS..
These SD Cards want get shipped..

But it could also be there is some sort of flasher Software where the Pyra get connect via USB whyle it gets his first few mah in his Juice Tank..
Ah, OK, I understand you now. I don't know the method exactly. Yes, it could be as you say. I'm not sure but I guess they want to ship the batteries discharged to have less fire hazard en route? I don't really know how that works. But it's a Pyra, their travels can be disturbed by volcanic eruptions, not its own eruption :)

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
If i remember correctly, the Battery is lithium ion, not lithium Polymere, so not the dangorous , but it needs some charge, because dis charge will harm the Batterie..
Its not like a benzin canister that is just a bit thin metal whitout the benzin, but the Parcel Service knows how to handel these things..

I bought a Playmobil Goat Stable for my Niche for Christmass, and the karton got a hazard sticker because the tiny round cell Batterie.. ^^

If I remember correctly, this Pyra will go to America, so it could be its needs a bit more time until it arrived..
My Pyra will only need about 600 km, so maybe overnight..

Send from something, i guess ^^

If I remember correctly, this Pyra will go to America, so it could be its needs a bit more time until it arrived..
My Pyra will only need about 600 km, so maybe overnight..

Could also be that the Atari Jaguar GameDrive I pre-ordered a few months ago just happened to be ready as well and will be shipping with the Pyra, since packing two orders at once maybe ED handled it first? Hard to say.

Makes sense: if you need to ship something to America, better to save up some costs..
A game drive for the Atari Jaguar sounds cool ^^
Wasn’t there a trading blockade between Europe and the USA??
I can remember that Videogames from America got a extra fee,
Evildragon meantioned this on his Dragonbox Side on Facebook,,

G'day folks,

I'm new here (as a member), but have been following the project and lurking on the forum for years.

I had hoped to be able to place my pre-order before signing up, so I felt a bit more legit, but as life goes I'm only just now getting myself into the position to be able to afford it, and with all that is going on on (as in 'it's happening!"), I just couldn't wait any longer to join up and say:

Congratulations @EvilDragon ; The challenge that this has been was huge, and I am stoked and impressed that you have met that challenge and delivered, against all doubters and odds.

What you have brought us is extremely significant, and you are adding impetus to a growing movement of free hardware + software combinations that includes the now necessary 'mobile' tech.

Well done mate!

I hope to place my order within the next one to two paychecks :)

Cool so when all got shipped today, the next batch of Emails have to get send out..
Unfortunaly on 31.12.2020 and 1.1.2021, the shop is closed because the change of the German VAT back to 19%..
So i hope to get my Email later today, so maybe it could be Saturday the 2.01.2021..
Or next week..

But im happy for every shipped Pyra in 2020..

Back